Merry Meet

Options

Replies

• DestinyNightwing
    Options
    Merry Meet ZyheeMoongaze,

That's cool how your mom is a Reiki master. (sorry i'm not great at spelling, even though i should be by now. :'( ) My boyfriend is trying to do it too. I have had one other person preform it on me besides him. and I have to say I love it when he does it, it helps me sleep better at night especially after working in a grocery store all day. lol

I too was also raised Catholic. But my mom being open-minded (which is rare for most Catholics) Allowed me to practice and the one thing she enjoys most about the religion is that its homeopathic. We are really big into that (Religion and family). Our ancestors hundreds of years ago survived, their time with out having to take tylonol every 4 hours everyday. why can't we?

In any case, welcome and I'm glad we have more people to talk too. (not saying that the ones that are already on here aren't fun to talk too.) but its wonderful to meet new people. And i hope you learn a lot on your journey/path. I also hope you make friends on here. We are all like minded people with one huge goal in mind.

Take care
    ~Blessed Be
    Destiny
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet ZyheeMoongaze,

That's cool how your mom is a Reiki master. (sorry i'm not great at spelling, even though i should be by now. :'( ) My boyfriend is trying to do it too. I have had one other person preform it on me besides him. and I have to say I love it when he does it, it helps me sleep better at night especially after working in a grocery store all day. lol

Destiny

i cant spell ither dont feel bad lol i know i should be able too but i suck at it
  • Undeadpoet
    Options
    Merry Meet
    My real name is Brenda but I have gone by Undeadpoet since the mid 80's. I am an ecletic pagan, I have studied since the early 80's everything from Celtic craft, Shinto, Abroiginal dreamtime, and Native American. I also work with animals with Reiki. I have lost most of my weight in 2010. Went from 212 to 150. Recently I have gone up a bit due to emotional eating by kept most of it off with what I learned about my body and myself on my diet. Now the diet I utilized is very controversial but it worked for me.

Thank you for this group and I hope all have a great day
    Blessed be
    Poet
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet :)

I'm Amy, 27, from SE Ontario. I'm a Solitary Eclectic Wiccan, practicing for about 11 years now. I'm getting Handfasted to my lovely man on May 26th of this year.
    I'm here to loose about 38-43lbs, to get to 125lbs to 130lbs. I was at this in Highschool and most of my early adulthood. It's acheiveable. I won't complain, however, if I stop at 135lbs.

Amy
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet, my magickal friends

Clarise, a.k.a. Poppies, a.k.a. DragonFly here.

I'm a c.o.p.p. (child of pagan parents). I'm a member of a Unitarian Universalist church, and have a lovely eclectic coven to do full moons with.

And I want to look great skyclad before this year's Heartland Pagan Festival in Kansas.

ANYONE GOING THIS YEAR??????
  • kfink426
    kfink426 Posts: 16
    Options
    Merry Meet everyone! My name is Keith. I'm a 32 year old Pagan / Wiccan from New York. I've been practicing for over 10 years now. My wife & I run an eclectic circle in Northern NJ that gathers on the holidays. We both underwent gastric-bypass surgery last year (1 week apart). So we've had a rather interesting weight loss journey together since. I'm always interested in meeting like minded people :)
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    hello Keith! Merry Meet. Did you know that, roughly translated from Gaelic, your name means "of the woods"?
  • kfink426
    kfink426 Posts: 16
    Options
    Actually, I did!
  • PattyG2
    PattyG2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greetings all,
    I'm new to MFP, here in California. aka LadyDruid. I've run a coven off and on for a number of year, currently off due to young kids in the house. I follow a Celtic/Wiccan/Shamanic path.
    A Belated Happy Summer Soltice to everyone.
    Bright Blessings
    Patty
  • Mojofiendish
    Options
    Merry Meet gentlefolk,

I'm Jo, often Mojo and more often Breckin which is my magickal name and it means "freckled one" which I am too! I'm from the UK, just outside London. I've been a practicing pagan for more than 20 years but I've only really come out of the broom cupboard in the last two years. I have practised solitary for most of my adult life but am also now part of a Pagan Circle/Community which is an eclectic mix of witches and druids. We meet for Sabbats and for social gatherings and have lots of fun *kitten* well as educational/learning opportunities. I'm trying my best to complete the OBOD Bardic Grade (fast approaching two years of trying but almost there!).

It's great to be able to mix my magickal with my mundane (as in weight loss) so feel free to add me as a friend.

Blessed Be )O(
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Merry meet, everyone.

My name is Joanne. I am, for the most part, a solitary Wiccan, and I reside in Alberta, Canada. I am a proud member of our local Wiccan temple(there are 2 organized Wiccan temples in our province and we are all one cohesive unit known as the Central Wiccan Assemblies of Alberta). I consider myself very blessed to belong to such a large pagan community and felt that I should extend this community to my weight loss as well.
    My boyfriend and I have both been logging on the android app. He is trying to gain weight at the same rate that I am trying to lose it. I will admit to being a bit jealous of that, but I have my diet tweaked to eat a lot of food and still lose weight. I started at 142 lbs and have now lost 10 pounds. Hoping to get down to 125 if I can. I've also decided to try running now, as I am so incredibly out of shape. Anyway, that's me.
  • SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    Merry Meet everyone

My husband and I are solitary practitioners in Minnesota. We are working together to lose weight and change to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. I was raised Christian but always knew that it wasn't quite right for me. I discovered Paganism and Wicca in high school and one of those "so this is what I am " moments.

Blessed Be!
  • Phaezara
    Options
    Merry Meet!

I am not new to my fitness pal and I've been using it on and off for a while, but I am new to the message board, so if I mess this up forgive me :)

I wanted to find some pagan support...and here you are! Very cool.

My name is Chris and I go by Phaezara in pagan circles. I'm a leader of a coven here in central New York. I have battled weight most of my life but now that find myself 51, I MUST loose this extra weight. I can't spare loosing energy and have much that I want to do at lower weight. I rejoined a local belly dance troupe and since my belly is going to out there and I do celebrate all my woman and goddessness...lol but would like to move it all around the stage with just a bit more efficiency...LOL

Glad to meet you all...blessed be!

Phae
  • mickeystrange
    Options
    Merry Meet All,

MY name is Mickey and I'm a Bardic Student with the OBOD, and this group is just one more reason I'm glad my wife suggested I check this site out.
  • Danishack1390
    Danishack1390 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Meery meet,
    I am Daniella, I live in texas. I am a college student at the moment. I have been a pagen all my life because of my mother and father. the area we live in is highly christian based, so I often have to not talk about my beliefs. I am happy to find people like me here. I would love to friend people who understand me and possibly meet some. It gets lonely in this little suburb town.
    thank you, and blessed be friends.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet

I'm from the UK and the only pagan I know which makes for a lonely existence! I have a real interest in the moon and her phases, herbs and Reiki (about to attune to level 2)

The pagan pull has been immense recently although I live with a catholic (eek!)

Have been lucky enough to spend time in Avalon this year and also ancient Dartmoor and Bodmin with its stone circles....

Blessed Be and late Mabon blessings x
  • eye4art
    eye4art Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet Everyone,

My name is eye4art on here, my real name is Margaret but my Wiccan name is Autumn Jazper or AJ. You can call me by any of them.

It is nice to see a variety of interests in this group even though it is all Wiccan based. I was raised Catholic and as a few other have mentioned I knew it was not right for me. However until I was out on my own I was not allowed to explore anything else. I joined a Wiccan coven which allowed me to study and become a Wiccan Priestess but personal fallout with the High Priestess forces me to leave the group and left a bitter taste in my mouth for the path. I took a break from all spirituality for awhile which was not a good thing. When I came back I looked in the Native American spirituality and have taken part of that with me but have moved on, I am now looking at the Sikh and Buddhist studies.

I consider myself an eclectic pagan with a Wiccan base, though I would rather not label myself as anything. I feel that religion is political and spirituality is human. I would like to learn more about all the different paths out there see what works for me and go from there. I feel that deep down if all the religions of the world were broken down we would see that the spiritual part would be the same for everyone...

I started yo-yo dieting when I was still in grade school; I have always had a serious weight issue. At my heaviest I was 600#. Now I am 404 and working to get more off. I have been stuck at this plateau for some time now so I joined MFP to help get me going again. I consider my life an open book, I have been though health issues, depression, attempted suicide, variety of spiritual paths, I am into alternative health (I do Reiki) as well as work with stones, I am a photographer and inspiring graphic designer. I am also learning to be a traditional artist. I am not offended by questions of any sort.

Now you know more than you ever wanted to... Blessed Be
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hello folks. :) I'm more of an eclectic pagan; solitary not necessarily by choice, but I've moved around a lot and it's hard for me to keep up w/ a group, though I'd really like to. My children and I were members of Mother Grove circle in Asheville NC while we lived in North Carolina, and the community there was so positive and supportive. I'm hoping to find a similar community now that we're just outside of Knoxville, TN. Though I have continued the talks with my two older boys (ages 9 and 11), to keep things a little hushed at school, so they don't experience any backlash for their faith. It'll happen eventually, but hopefully not until they've got a few more years under their belts and aren't 'the new kids' in town. :)

As for me and what I do, I compose electronic music, both edm (what you'd hear in a club if you're not familiar) and ambient/soundtrack. By day I'm working with a scanning/archival company, but I spent the last three years in construction as an apprentice electrician. I wear a lot of hats. :)
  • Koryuu
    Koryuu Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet.
    I am an eclectic witch/pagan/wiccan/whatever-other-word-fits-here. I've been Wiccan for...oh goddess...has it already been 10 years? I'm pretty sure it's ten... Everything I know is self taught through books and meditation, and I welcome a place where I can talk to others who are like-minded and learn more.
    I'm not sure what else to say....
    Blessed Be,
    Koryuu
  • WitchStormLilly
    Options
    Hello,
    So I just realized that this is probably the most appropriate thread for an introduction ;)
    I am 29 years old and a mother of two. I was introduced to paganism as a child and have been a practicing witch for quite a few years now. I have just recently (within the last year or so) been branching out into the local pagan community and am now part of an established coven in my area - studies are interesting and the people are great, so it's going well. I tend to be quite goddess oriented (Hecate in particular) but I am working on building my relationship with the Horned God... I have an uneasiness about it that I need to work through. I am new to myfitnesspal and would love to make some friends here - I have quite a long road head of me in regards to weight loss and regaining health.
    Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all. <3