Introductions

Options

Replies

• bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Monika.

I guess I'm what you could call a folk witch or maybe a Pagan Buddhist. I don't really know. I don't have any specific faith or group that I subscribe to 100%. Pick and choose.

I'm working on finishing my yurt to hopefully live in full time. I : keep bees and chickens, read cards, do reiki, paint, love yoga and eating very clean.

I share a farm with my husband, our three kids and my ex husband. Not a poly family. Just a family.
  • futuresizeeight
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Marie and I'm 26 years old. I have a lot of extra weight to lose - the ultimate goal I'm aiming for is to lose about 160 pounds. So far I'm finding MFP very helpful.

I'm an eclectic solitary witch, who was raised as a strict Catholic, but spent enough time around those teachings to realize they weren't for me. I've been rather lapsed recently, and just set up a new altar in the hopes of beginning to walk a more spiritual path again.

It's nice to see you all here. Blessed be.
  • baustin33
    baustin33 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello MFPers and pagan peeps,
    I am joinging this Pagan group and I'm from Southwest Michigan. I am an eclectic pagan reading up on anything I can get my hands on! I'll be 32 in August and I recently joined MFP as my mum and I are both working to lose weight and get in shape. I was once in a practicing coven but my husband and I worship solo now. I look forward to attending a local Pagan Pride this fall.
    I'm short, 5'2", and have been overweight most of my life. I've been pagan since 2002 and what a journey!
    I'm here to lose weight but ultimately would love to run the Chicago Marathon, across the "pond", in 2013 or 2014.
    SW: 210
    CW: 202 (starting MFP weight)
    GW: 140
    UGO: 130-135
    Blessings and strength for all of us on our journeys to better health/wellness,
  • freyaskitty
    freyaskitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board! :)
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail and welcome!
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail and welcome!

I am also a level 2 Reiki healer who wishes she had bees and critters! I'm working on that one! ;)
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail and welcome! I'm Asatru and a recovered Mormon. ;)
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail and welcome! Nice to see a male on here!
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail!

Always best of luck! Antidepressants do work. There was a year in my life I took Zoloft to help get my..err...feces consolidated! LOL The good news is you don't have to be on them forever. Once you get through whatever is causing your depression and get those chemicles straight, you can wean off them and never look back!
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail and welcome!

I LOVE String Theory! It's amazing to me that science is just proving what our ancestors already knew. All things are connected and we are nothing more than vibrating energy!

I'm of the Asatru ilk and the String Theory perfectly fits with the whole 'weaving' concepts from this mythology. Amazing stuff!
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail and welcome! I think most of us pagan-types like talking to people! hehe
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Wassail Hannah!

WOOHOO! Another Asatruar! I actually lean more towards the Vanir than the Asir but using Asatru keeps it easier for everyone.

My best bud and I practice Spae-craft. Nice to 'meet' someone interested in this here.

Lisa :)
    Hi, I'm Hannah. I'm an Asatruar, Heathen reconstructionist with a healthy interest in reviving the ways of the Völva and Nordic Shamanism =)
  • willow_wynn
    Options
    Greetings and Salutations!

I'm a pretty eclectic sort that found herself out of sorts with the body image thing (and possibly health, but nothing that a little good healthy weight loss can't cure). I've just started this thing and haven't even had a second weigh-in yet. So I'm not sure what else to say but this- if you have any questions, suggestions or just don't mind having an odd person as a friend, please chat, IM or whatever it is they do on this thing for communications. :) Looking forward to meeting the lot of you.
  • HildeDanmark
    HildeDanmark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm soo excited to see soo many practicers of Asatru!

I'm 25, engaged to an awesome Danish guy (who is also Asatru), and due to have our marriage in December in Denmark. I've got a 3 year old from my first marriage.

My starting weight was about 189 in May of last year.
    CW: 172
    GW by wedding in December is 145

I've always been a pantheist and went Asatru about 14 years ago. I've also practiced Norse shamanism :)

Feel free to add me :)
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Monica....I am a newbie interested in solitary Wiccan...I am still learning and welcome any and all advice! I am a 40 yo mom of two teenagers....was raised southern Baptist, my ex husband is Catholic...but have never related to either....would love to meet like minded people!!
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm tora. :flowerforyou:

I'm a Gaelic ADF'er in the midwestern USA. I'm here to lose a sizable amount of weight in a healthy and steady fashion. I'm married to a wonderful atheist, with three young boys. We live on a homestead.

Hope to get to know people better. Have a great day!
  • sanguinia
    sanguinia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi! My name is Marsh and I live in Ormond Beach, FL. I identify myself as pagan and would like some like-minded friends. I am 33, going on 34 next month. I love all types of music! In fact, I am taking a mini-trip up to North Carolina to see Dead Can Dance in September. And then going to Orlando to see Fiona Apple in October and Weezer in November.

Please feel free to add me to your friends list anytime.

\m/,
    Marsh
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is nick I am 28 and married . I have the most amazing daughter that has a smile to melt anyone's heart and eyes that sparkle like the stars in the sky. Last year I found out my wife was pregnant and decided it was time to change. One year later something finally shifted to allow me to do this and now 35 days in a row. Starting weight was 330 my goal is set at 185 but not set on stone I just want functionality.
    I
    I consider my awl a spiritual student here to spread love and light for the highest good of all no set path I follow or label.

I have read parts of conversations with god
    Power of now
    Doreen virtue
    And am a big fam of the work of Di Conway ( dancing with dragons dragon magic and Celtic dragon tarot)

I am always looking to learn and grow and help especially like minded people in az

Feel free to add if you want

Namaste
  • SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi Everyone

My husband and I are solitary practitioners. We decided this year it is time to lose the extra weight we are carrying around and change to a healthy lifestyle. We have been using MFP since February and it's really helping us keep on track.

Blessed Be
  • freyaskitty
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people here! I'm Lisa. I haven't been on in a bit but am back. :)