Nervous about going out of town!

Options
bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
This is my last night in town and I'll be back in my hometown at my parent's through Sunday the 5th. I am so nervous! Next week is my last week of reset but there's no way I can make my 5-6 hours of activity level to justify eating at my full TDEE. I don't want to ruin the last 7 weeks by not eating enough, but I also don't know how I'm going to eat 2600 calories while there.

I'm also incredibly nervous that there will be, "yep, knew she'd gain it all back..." comments. I'm feeling very heavy and bloated lately (haven't weighed myself at all through the reset, and it almost gives me an anxiety attack thinking about weighing myself, so I'm avoiding the scale, but I literally dream about how much I've gained - it isn't healthy). I know going back there, where I was in my 1500-cals-not-eating-back-workout-cals zone, that it will be really easy to just eat very low calorie all week to 'balance out' not doing my usual exercise routine. But I feel like doing this will ruin the reset!

Any advice on what to do? Do I try to make my full TDEE, even though it's 95% likely I won't make anywhere near my usual activity level? Should I switch and eat at my sedentary TDEE level, or maybe lightly active? Honestly worrying about food and exercising is making me very unexcited about going home... & that isn't right, either!

Replies

• terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom for you, but every body is different. My best advice would be to try and relax, look forward to your visit, and enjoy every minute. Stress increases cortisol levels which triggers weight gain, water retention, and all kinds of stuff you don't want or need right now. I think I read somewhere that you should try and maintain your TDEE unless you are going to alter your activity level for a long period of time, I remember seeing two weeks or more. Personally, I'd probably drop down to the sedentary level for the week. But the wonderful moderators we have here may have much different advice. For me, resetting was about making sure my body had the fuel it needed on a daily basis. Listen to your body while you are there, if you are hungry, eat, if you are stressed go for a nice walk, but definitely enjoy yourself. It will be much more fun than any visit you had while on a low calorie or restrictive diet. As far as what everyone thinks, you are nowhere near where you started and if they want to thing negative stuff like that, it's their prerogative, be confident in the fact that you are doing something healthy and natural for your body. They can go jump in the lake. LOL