How often do you measure?

Options
candicejn
candicejn Posts: 458 Member
I was going to give myself a month between measuring, but I'm reading how so many of you are dropping inches over a matter of a week and I may change that to every 2 weeks or every week even.

How often do you measure? How about hopping on the scale? I do that once a week on Sundays (and sometimes I'll peek during the week but I only log Sunday).

:)

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    It's been every 2 weeks for me. I just started New Rules, so now I'll wait until the end of level one before I measure again. Then every other level...hoping for good surprises! I'll weigh at the same time as measurements (usually every week).
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ill check my measurements whenever but i only log them every month.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Once a month for me.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I like to record the data so I can see trends. The scale doesn't tell the whole story, and I don't let it affect me (although it sure tries to!)

I end up taking measurements every two weeks. I tried weekly, but Monday morning rolls around and I forget!

Finally, sometimes I'll measure two days in a row if things seem off. I find this too, with weighing weekly: you might be having an off-day. You could be retaining more water that particular day, or week, or have worked out strenuously the day before and really need a rest day. So, I don't hold the number on the scale or the tape as a "true" number unless I've seen it sandwiched between a few days. Again, looking at the trends works for me.
  • gjriddle
    gjriddle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh at all, but I measure every week. :o)