Anyone have a "easy" protein pancake recipe?

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
Soooo having a craving for pancakes. Need healthy, filling pancakes. I want to drizzle pb2 on top!!!! Oh I can't wait to get up in the morning & have these after my walk !

Replies

• livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    this sounds delish!

recipe anyone?
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yes I do

1 egg or 1 cup of egg whites
    1 tsp of baking soda
    1 tbsp on ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup oat flour, whole wheat flour (I personally use unflavored protein powder GNC 100% whey
    1 container of your favorite greek yogurt (I use chobani plain, or vanilla) (I do this for extra protein and keeps me super full!)

Mix the egg into yogurt set aside. Mix the dry ingredients together. Then add wet into dry ingredients mix together, batter will be very thick, it can make 4 big pancakes or 8 small ones. Or in my case one HUGE one b/c I cant make pancakes to save my life LOL
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help, I didn't know there was unflavored protein! Cool. Now I can add it to lots more things! Appreciate it!
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help, I didn't know there was unflavored protein! Cool. Now I can add it to lots more things! Appreciate it!

Anytime, yes only a few brands come in unflavored its great for recipes and you dont want the protein flavor to overcome the other ingredients in your recipes/
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Just eggs, baking powder and protein powder works for me. Last batch I made I used 3 whole eggs, 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder and 1/2 tsp baking powder. The fact I used 3 eggs meant they were really fluffy inside :) up til then had only been using two.
  • perthpog
    perthpog Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pancakes (can prepare the night before)
    ¼ cup quick oats – broken down in blender +
    ½ cup egg whites (by bag from freezer section (Golden Eggs - All Natural Pasturised Egg Whites) thaw and keep in fridge) +
    1 banana – blitz all together then pour in non-stick pan – no oil
    Makes 12cm pancakes

I found better results with the batter if I made a few days’ worth together… just multiply the ingredients by 3 or 4 and they will keep in the fridge or freezer. 1 serve = 3x 12cm pancakes. I usually heat in micro for 45secs before consuming.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Soooo having a craving for pancakes. Need healthy, filling pancakes. I want to drizzle pb2 on top!!!! Oh I can't wait to get up in the morning & have these after my walk !
    Ingredients: chocolate protein powder, egg, peanut butter
    Mix together egg and powder, fry, done I top it with peanut butter.

This is my fancier way:

Protein pancake in a avacado:
    Mix egg and protein powder until it's not powdery
    Cut out avacado rings of an avacado
    melt some coconut oil in frying pan
    put Avacado rings in fryiing pan
    pour pancake mix in holes
    Flip when bottom is hard
    Melt peanut butter on top while still hot
    Serve
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I make these almost every morning!

1 c Heart Smart Bisquick mix
    1 c light vanilla soy milk (or skim milk)
    3T unsweetened applesauce (or 3T egg whites)
    2T brewer's yeast (you can use any protein powder instead)
    1T rice protein powder (you can use any protein powder instead)
    1/2tsp cinnamon
    1/2tsp vanilla

Makes 2 servings of 2 pancakes with 11g of protein in each pancake! Very protein packed and delicious!
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Ooh holleysings, those sound tasty. I was wondering what to do with my massive box of Heart Smart mix and now I know.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

And then you can add protein powder if you want but I don't because I hate it.

Blend all of those ingredients and add in other stuff like blueberries, chocolate chips, banana, peanut butter etc.

Then spray a pan with cooking spray and make like pancakes.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone! I'm glad to have these :)
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Blend all of those ingredients and add in other stuff like blueberries, chocolate chips, banana, peanut butter etc.

This is the recipe I use probably 5 days a week- I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Topped off with 1/4 c. of Cary's sugar free maple syrup and I am good to go until lunch :)
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    www.powercakes.net.. YUM!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Any idea what the nutrition stats are for these?
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

1 scoop protein powder (I use Bob's Red Mill whey plain but any would do)
    4T canned pumpkin
    1T ground flax
    2 egg whites
    2T milk
    sweetener to taste
    pinch of baking powder
    cinnamon and/or pumpkin spice

Mix all together then cook!

Edit to add:
    I uses coconut palm crystals for the sweetener so my calories come up to 276 but the protein is 38!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

If you eat the whole recipe, which I generally do then this is the NI: cals 341 carbs 29 fat 4 protein 25
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

If you eat the whole recipe, which I generally do then this is the NI: cals 341 carbs 29 fat 4 protein 25
    *IF* I eat the whole recipe? Bwahahahahahaha! That should be assumed. ;-)
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Yes I do

1 egg or 1 cup of egg whites
    1 tsp of baking soda
    1 tbsp on ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup oat flour, whole wheat flour (I personally use unflavored protein powder GNC 100% whey
    1 container of your favorite greek yogurt (I use chobani plain, or vanilla) (I do this for extra protein and keeps me super full!)

Mix the egg into yogurt set aside. Mix the dry ingredients together. Then add wet into dry ingredients mix together, batter will be very thick, it can make 4 big pancakes or 8 small ones. Or in my case one HUGE one b/c I cant make pancakes to save my life LOL

I just made these with unflavored protein powder (Syntrax) and blueberry greek yogurt. They tasted decent, but were SOOOO dry. Do you find you have the same issue? I could only eat about half of it, which was fine since I still got in at least 30g protein! I even drizzled some lite syrup and put fresh blueberries over them.

Thanks! :)

Might have to try the one with cottage cheese instead of powder - I just tend to not keep that in the house because I can't stand the texture. But mixed into a recipe, that wouldn't be a problem :D
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just did one egg with a scoop of french vanilla powder and 1/4 tsp baking powder. It seemed so thick I added a splash of milk to it. I also put a bit of cinnamon in as well. Not adding the calories for the milk (was probably a tablespoon at most), the calories according to MFP recipe builder was 204 with 5 carbs, 8 fat, 29 protein, 180 sodium and 3 fiber. It was tasty but I agree that it was dry - I had hoped it could be something I could eat on the run. I then added some margarine and sugar free syrup which made it better.

I am wondering about adding the syrup before cooking to get the maple flavor (1/8 of a cup would add 15 calories) and maybe adding a bit of oil to see if that makes it less dry. A tsp would add about 40 calories but if it made it less dry I wouldn't have the 40 calories from the margarine. Thoughts? May try it tomorrow.