Trouble Losing Weight on P90X??

Options
Hi, Anyone having trouble losing weight on P90X? I had been doing the Brazillian Buttlift and got great initial changes. I switched to P90X with my husband and added the basics of the fat loss diet and have seen nothing. This is week 4!
Help!!??!!

Someone will probably tell me I need to eat and log more... anything else??

Can someone also tell me how much I burn per workout for P90x? I can't seem to find consistant info.
C

Replies

• mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    try this site...it seems to be pretty accurate when I compare it to my HRM
    http://p90xcalories.com/

It took about 4 weeks before I started seeing noticable results...I saw more inches lost than weight...I weigh a bit more now than I used to but Iwear smaller clothes size because of the toning/muscle definition I get with P90X
    good luck
  • Super_Dave_32
    Options
    Not to get too personal here, but how are your clothes fitting? The thing I noticed when I did P90X is that my body tightened up without me seeing much difference on the scale. I dropped from a 36 to a 34 in my waist during the first month and only lost like a pound and a half during that period. As far as calorie burn, I've always used this site: http://p90xcalories.com/. Hope that helped.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    I have gained 4 to 5 lbs, and I am 1.5 weeks in... I'm not going to freak out yet, because I FEEL good... I have been told not to even weigh yourself for the first month, but I am stubborn.

As far as calorie burn, it will be very different for each person... I have a HRM, which I think is the best way, especially with a program like p90x where calorie burn can very tremendously based on effort....
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    I lost 13 lbs with p90x, but only checked my weight every 30 days. Your weight will fluctuate, but to be honest, I wouldnt expect seeing results until 6-7 weeks in. That's when I started noticing physical results. You also need to make sure you are eating right, that is the BIGGEST part of this program.

For calorie burn, the best way to calculate is with a heart rate monitor. Because it will always vary depending on the workout and how hard you push yourself. Hope that helps. :)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and this morning I did CardioX. When I plug them into http://p90xcalories.com/ it gives me a calorie burn range of 431 (low) to 709 (high). My heart rate monitor (Polar ft4) gave me a burn of 277 calories. I was sweating hard and it was an excellant workout so be careful using that site. I recommend using a HRM.

My first round of P90x I lost 25 lbs and 19 1/2 inches. I didn't follow the nutrition plan but I did eat 80/20 (80% clean, 20% not so clean). I ate my exercise calories that I burned too.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I actually gained weight at the beginning of P90X. I didn't see any noticeable results until the last month.

Lost a total of 8 lbs and 4 jean sizes. Doing another round, but my workout partner isn't as consistent as I would like to be,

Diet is a huge part of the program.

Good Luck!
  • Carrie52mac
    Options
    I am wondering if I am just not getting the calorie numbers correct. I weight 165 at 5'8" and work out to P90x 5-6 days a week. I thought my calories were to be 2,100. I then found a site that said my TDEE is 2,624. This fitnesspal says I need only 1,460 calories. So confusing!!!

I had been eating 1500-1800, but then with P90X I upped it to 2100.

Suggestions??

Also, has anyone figured out the calorie burn for the various P90 workouts??

C
  • Carrie52mac
    Options
    Thanks for the calorie calculator site!!