Is sweating this much unhealthy?!

Options
The other day at the gym, I literally lost 4.5 lbs of sweat running on the treadmill for 60 minutes...roughly 6% of my body weight. Weighed before and after with the same sweaty clothes. I also drank about 16-20 oz of water while exercising. The gym is a little humid, and the number of bodies make it kind of warm, but not HOT by any means. I also was on my favorite treadmill that has the fan pointed right on it. I thought I would sweat LESS as I lost weight, but it is even more embarrassing to work out than it was when I was heavy!
Please tell me if this is abnormal, bad, or unhealthy, and if there is any way to decrease my embarrassing sweat. Thank you!

Replies

• kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Unless you feel sick afterwards you are probably fine. I sweat a ton too, and have definitely dropped 2-3 pounds of water weight after a strenuous outdoor run. I think that sweating is genetic, and some of us just sweat more than others. My only suggestion is to bring a towel and invest in a sweat band :)
  • Camilletherealdeal
    Camilletherealdeal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I guess my Mom sweats a lot, so that makes sense. I will totally invest in some more towels and some sweat bands, that's a great idea! Thank you for the advice :)
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    OMG - I'm disgusting. I was doing a 15 min circuit and sweat dripped into my eye doing a plank. PS - I lost my contact. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

SWEAT IS FAT CRYING!
  • Camilletherealdeal
    Camilletherealdeal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL! You are hardcore! I am totally saying that to the next guy who looks at me like I'm gross at the gym.
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This thread made me laugh. I always wondered how girls got hit on at the gym. I, myself, look like a drowned rat when I'm working out - completely not attractive, haha. I agree with the other commentors. It is probably normal and I wouldn't worry about it unless you are having other symptoms. Just make sure you're getting enough water so you don't get dehydrated!