Indroductions

Options
Hi all, my name is Jess, I work at a high-stress desk job. It's the kind of work that often has me skipping lunch and then later gulping something down at my desk. That is another a habit I'm trying to break.
I usually try to work leftovers into my lunch. I'll make a double portion at dinner, and grab the rest to go... so when I'm lazy about cooking dinner it usually reflects in what I eat the next day too.

UPDATE: ack, I just realized I made a typo. INTRODUCTIONS, not indroductions. Sorry. :)

Replies

• cuddlebug07
    cuddlebug07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Paula. I work cateye (11pm-7am) shift at a job that can turn dangerous and very stressful at any given time. I never know when I am going to be near a micowave to nuke my food or will be eating lunch cold or even have time to eat. I do manage without a problem in the summer months to drink 4-5 16.9oz bottles of water while I am at work. Most time I eat a handful of carrots without dip

I find most days I am barely getting out the door on time because I try to nurse my new born son before I walk out of the door and also tuck my 4 year old daughter in bed. I am excited to join this group to get new ideas and recipes, and to learn some new tricks.
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! Thank you so much for making this group! I work a desk- ish job that can turn high stress in the blink of an eye- I noticed that others said the same thing... Are you dispatchers??? The combination of possible high stress- never knowing if, let alone when, you will eat- and general laziness on my part have caused me my issues. I'm totally pumped to do this and hopefully it will keep me away from those taunting donuts in the back! Oh and my name is Lara!
  • lhgmr
    lhgmr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Accept challenge.. I am also going to add to stop long enough to eat it.. and enjoy it.. as well as make sure it is balanced. I tend to get more protein than my goal... not good on the kidneys.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm Nicole and I work in a doctor's office adjacent to a local hospital. Unfortunately for me, the cafeteria always has pizza and burgers on deck, the manager fancies herself a baker, everyone gets at least one birthday cake and reps peddle their products via luncheons every week. I'd like to save myself a bit of money.
  • sarahwilloughby07
    Options
    I work at a fireplace/grill factory and get 30 minutes for lunch. With the heat we've been hit with this summer I'm having trouble finding something that won't make me sick when I leave the air conditioned break room and back into the dank, dusty factory. So I'm always up for some suggestions. :smile:
  • bkmanda
    bkmanda Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey i'm down for the challenge. I'm focused on being healthy and saving my money so I can get to england for 2013, so i'm so in!:) I usually bring left overs for lunch, but maybe this will help me plan better and get more balanced lunches in the mix.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad to have found this group. I cant wait to get the challenge started and see everyone's lunch ideas!
  • Joverberg
    Joverberg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP this week and I'm excited to find this group...I also often skip lunch altogether because I'm working straight through. And when I decide to head to the cafe for a salad, I usually sabotage myself because one of the "specials" looks so yummy.
    Looking forward to making & taking in August - thanks!
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great idea for a challenge. Not only will lunch be healthier for me, but by brown-bagging it for a month, it will save me some bucks! I'm looking forward to lunch ideas...the frozen boxed lunches get old plus they have a lot of sodium. Looking forward to learning and then hopefully contributing to you fellow brown-baggers.
  • cmjustin
    cmjustin Posts: 11
    Options
    Am in, my name is chris; work at boeing and tried of eating sandwiches everyday
    need something new
  • lilteepot
    lilteepot Posts: 97
    Options
    Hey all... I'm a newbie, and also work a desk job. I go home for lunch almost every day (I have a pooch who needs let out to pee, so she keeps me committed), but I'm pretty darned lazy about actually putting a meal together for lunch and end up grazing with my head in the fridge until I feel satisfied... So, I'm basically here to overcome laziness. :) Well, that, and to steal all your lunch ideas (because I'm also not terribly creative). Nice to meet ya'll! Feel free to friend me (as I'm really new and don't have people yet).
    -Teeps
  • ladyj352
    ladyj352 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi my name is Jenn. I am an office manager so in front of the computer is where I'm at mostly M-F 8-5. I normally eat tuna for lunch but i am tired of eating just tuna everyday. I am wanting some new healthy but tasty ideas. I am new to all of this so please feel free to add me as a friend and give me some pointers! :)
  • redmre
    redmre Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Marcey. I had a baby two years ago so I can no longer use her as my excuse for the extra twenty pounds hanging around. I work in a hospital, very hectic schedule. Single mom with three kids at home. Trying to take better care of myself and think of me sometimes. I have doing fitness pal off and on for a while but have decided to make a real go of it this time. My problem is getting more protein in my diet and balancing. I lost 30 pounds since March and now I at a plateau for the last twenty. Help!!!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Jennifer. I have the best intentions to bring my lunch to work and then always fail. I really want to get in the habit of it. I work in a hospital so I guess I figure that I can always grab something from the cafeteria so I give myself an excuse for not packing a lunch. As hectic as the some of the days get, I often find myself not having time for lunch and end up grabbing whatever is available to wolf down when I'm starving. I can't wait to learn some new lunch time ideas from you all.
  • evajg
    evajg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm Eva,
    This is a great idea! Preparation is the key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
    I try to keep a mini stock of standby foods in my office, I am fortunate enough to have my own mini fridge.
    So I can keep dressings, string cheese, yogurt, veggies...etc. (Without worrying about any sticky fingered food thiefs!)
    I also keep single serving packs of almonds...they come plain, cinnamon coated, cocoa coated and mixed with walnuts.
    Single serve cups of tuna and salmon.
    But I would like some new ideas to keep from getting bored from the same things.
    Also just discovered hemp seeds...to me they taste like sunflower seeds and good sprinkled over salads.
  • jak227
    jak227 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I accept this challenge also. Started back with WW and I need some more ideas. I work at a desk job M-F 8-4:30 with 1 hr. lunch. Can't wait to bring something other than tunafish and yogurt to lunch. Thanks! Oh, my name is Julie. Nice to meet you all!
  • brittanyhoman
    Options
    I accept! My husband and I have been trying to do this for months! We usually do a pretty good job at bringing our lunches with the exception of Fridays (that's our lunch date day). My biggest problems is keeping things mixed up enough. I have a bad habbit of turning to frozen lunches because I run out of ideas. We will be on vacation the first full-week of August, but we will be making our own lunches since we will be staying at a beach house with a full kitchen. Does that count? :)

Can't wait!
    Brittany