low maitenance lunch

Options
brittbonshor
brittbonshor Posts: 42 Member
i dont have a microwave or fridge at my work so i need lunches that are low maintenance. i'm also vegetarian. anyways. heres some lunches that i tend to bring.

-blue menu bulgar quinoa and chickpeas fried up with veggies and some low cal italian dressing
-salad that doesnt wilt (ie no lettuce) peppers, beans, frozen corn, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, whatever else u want, with low cal greek dressing
-bag of snap peas and carrots and a couple almonds and a cheese string...
-huge *kitten* amount of strawberries and a protein bar.. lol

Replies

• lhgmr
    lhgmr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Those sound awesome. I am also a vegetarian and have to watch carbs and sugars closely! so I understand the difficult choices. I love dill pick;es! I have a lunch bag that does a good job insulating so I don't worry about keeping things cool or warn... I am lucky in that. looking forward to see what others post for you as well.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    Ah, my favorite type of lunch. I usually chop a large portion of lettuce, toss in some cucumber chunks, sprinkle a bit of cheese (and optional turkey/bacon bits) with lite italian dressing and lunch is perfect. Tastes good, holds up decently in the fridge, and very filling. Add a piece of fruit and I usually leave lunch feeling absolutely stuffed but light on the cals. Luckily I'm at the stage where I'm happy with little decoration (meat/cheese/dressing).
  • lilteepot
    Options
    A handful of chopped raw veggies, a slice of bread and a half a can (or whole can if I'm feeling hungry) of tuna... The really *GOOD* tuna... not that bumblebee crap. I like Ortiz (Bonita Del Norte) white tuna in olive oil. :)