Winter bulk, anyone?

Options
LoveLiveLift
LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
I want to do a bulk cycle this winter. Anyone else planning on doing the same? Would be nice to have others to chat with about how everything is going, etc.

Replies

• SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think this is awesome. I'm far from that part of my journey, but I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I might be joining you:)
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    I might be joining you:)

Woot! Please do!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Maybe, I'll have to see where I am in December. My company has a weigh in the first part of January, and I need to be 10 pounds lighter to get a bonus (gonna spend it on exercise clothes, shoes, and more weights). To bad they don't go by size...
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I may be ready to try it by then, and winter definitely seems the best time.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Count me it too - I'm planning to do the same!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Starting my bulk on December first.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i will sure as hell be eating more this winter (or perhaps sooner)!
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    If I am at the point do it, count me in!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    I may be ready to try it by then, and winter definitely seems the best time.

My thoughts exactly! Baggier clothes, etc. :laugh:
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes!! This is exactly what I was planning. Bulking from maybe Nov-Feb., then cutting back beginning in March or so. I really want to add some muscle! I've been sort of afraid to up my calories, so I have not really been adding any muscle in spite of lifting heavy. Let's do it!!
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ME!!!..Doing it with others would help me out so much :)
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on doing the same. I am aiming at losing another 4 lbs or so- my plan was to cut for 6 weeks but I've been at it 1 week and didn't lose anything so we'll see. It may be a little longer. Then a bulk through the winter and cut again after super bowl :) Just sent you a friend request :)
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    Great! Glad to see so many others!!
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OK, so call me dumb, but why do this? What does it do for you, how do you not gain too much and what do you do when you're done and ....what, ready to cut again? Sorry, guess I'm a newbie on this one!!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    OK, so call me dumb, but why do this? What does it do for you, how do you not gain too much and what do you do when you're done and ....what, ready to cut again? Sorry, guess I'm a newbie on this one!!
    In order to build muscle you have to eat in a slight surplus of around 15% you to that for about 12 weeks, then you will cut for the same time and then maintain. It really is about building new muscle. Of course you will watch also what you are eating and not just increase calories.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    we'll see how my cut goes first. :wink:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I did one last winter. I'm undecided on this coming winter.

Can you do a "spot" bulk? I just want to make my upper body bigger. Guys do this all the time right?
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think I am planning on doing it.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I did one last winter. I'm undecided on this coming winter.

Can you do a "spot" bulk? I just want to make my upper body bigger. Guys do this all the time right?

I would not suggest this for bulking, there is no reason to neglect your lower body and just do upper body workouts.. THAT being said, you can do more upper body workouts in a week then lower body, thus achieving the same type of purpose but don't skip legs completely.. besides don't woman want defined legs?