Introductions

Options
Quite a few people responded to my discussion board topic & it was suggested that a group be started. So here we are.

I've been having a glass (or two) a night, still under my calorie goal but had hit a plateau. So I decided to cut the wine out on weekdays.

I have noticed a difference. I used to get reflux in the evenings when I went to bed & would have to take an antacid. No longer. Sometimes I would wake up really thirsty in the middle of the night. No longer.

The hardest part for me is breaking the habit. Kids in bed, glass of wine. So now I do kids in bed, jump on the elliptical.

I think this is my third week of doing this & I must admit that I did have a glass of red on Wednesday night. After the elliptical.

Should also report that since I've cut out the wine & have been pocketing those calories every day I've shifted a couple of cm off my waist & also lost some weight at the scales. So, I think I'm feeling better & getting results.

Friday night tonight, so looking forward to a glass of red. Interestingly, I've found that I'm now drinking less on the weekend as well. Just don't feel like it.

BobbinTop

Replies

• lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi!! I did take away my drinks through the week too! I had to break the habit and using those calories, even though they were under my calorie intake. I feel better and I am sleeping better!

I do look forward to the weekends so that I can have some drinks!

I hope others join and we can really get a support going!
    Yay for BobbinTop for starting it! :smile:
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ummm. I might be excommunicated because I wasn't really hungry tonight because I had my lunch late and decided I would use my dinner calories for wine. BUT I will totally start next week! Hahaha.

I do love this though. I get so much more done in the evenings that I don't have wine than when I do. (Although that means I never really settle and relax.)

What have you guys found is an alternative to your nightly relax routine?
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I was at a benefit dinner Thursday night - so did have wine, but non this weekend, so it all works out. :wink:

I've been having tea in the evenings - seems to be working pretty well so far. That - and all the wine we have on hand right now are *really good* ($$$) bottles that I'm not going to "just open".