New to The Group!

Options
Hi Everyone,

just wanted to say hi. I have ulceritive Colitiss for 27 months. I am currently on remicade every 8 weeks and imruan. I also did 5 months of accupuncture which really helped me. I am finally at a stage where I havent been in a flare (I pretty much have been sick in a flare since this started).

I am also on the Visalus shakes which I have found really helped keep my food/vitamin intake at normal levels as there are many things I can not eat as it cause pain and suffering for a few days.

Thanks!!
Sherylene

Replies

• JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you and welcome
  • mjboswell
    mjboswell Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Looks like we were diagnosed around the same time. I had been sick for a little while but decided to see a Dr. when I lost 6 pounds in a week and it got to where I couldn't sit through a meal without needing to stop to use the bathroom. I took 9-12 Asacol a day and that made all the difference in the world. I don't have insurance right now, starving student, and the meds are $800 a month. I've been med free for about a year with a few small flares and 1 that put me in the hospital for 3 days. I can definately understand the daily pain but I found diet really helps keep mine at bay. I hope you find what works for you.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had mild uc for about 13 years, with a 4 1/2 year remission. SInce its return, I've been on Lialda, also expensive and decent with the results. Diet and working off stress are real helpers for me. This is a nice site to be on - suportive people who help you with both!