How much exercise do you do?

Options
cinico
cinico Posts: 294 Member
I know heavy cardio is not recommended but I am curious to know who out there works out more than recommended and still getting results??

Thanks

Replies

• SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy so uh..I don't do much :laugh: Actually I do walk almost every night, and I'm going to start walking in the mornings too, and I "lift heavy things" at least once a week. I have a lot of weight to lose so I'm personally starting off slow.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I lift 3-4 days a week and run 2-3 days a week. I also try and do a boot camp style circuit 1-3 times a week.
  • IselaCB
    IselaCB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do a pilates reformer class or a yoga class 3-4 times a week. I do some sort of cardio type exercise 2-3 times a week, it often includes walking, running, hiking, biking, paddle boarding etc. I just make sure I get out there and do something for at least 45 minutes or so. I also try to give myself one day off a week.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Occasionally yoga
    Walking wherever (groceries, errands)
    Gardening
    Some pull ups on bar in basement
    Morning push ups
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Its not that working out a lot isn't recommended. Just that incessant cardio doesn't produce the best results because that is more targeted at burning the glucose in your system. Move heavy things several times a week, do some sprinting cardio (heavy breathing) several times a week.

I will workout somewhere between 4-8 hours in a week if you count my "play".
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    As of July 1, 6 days a week, 30-90 minutes. Running, biking, swimming, and/or P90X. Training for triathlon and 1/2 marathon. Since then I've only lost 2-3 pounds, but according to my measurements I've lost a 1/2 inch most of the way around. My thighs have gotten bigger, but that's expected from the training.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy three days a week for about 25-30 minutes a session. I walk 45 mins or more each day. That's about it.

I agree with what Mike posted above, he's got it spot on.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Follow the crossfit.com and very vigor effort in the swimming, running, and rowing 2 to 3 times a week.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    3-4 weight lifting sessions, using progressively heavier weights and multi-joint compound movements. 60-90 minutes each.
    1-3x a week boxing
    Haven't been cycling since I started Primal...

Oh, and I walk 3 miles a day.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy so uh..I don't do much :laugh:

This. :-P

I'd love to lift heavy things, actually. I like strength exercises WAY better than I like cardio. But I can't afford to go to the gym, and I have no heavy things at my house. I do try to do some bodyweight exercises 3 or 4 times a week, but I don't do enough.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh Impy....
    Body weight exercises can totally kick your *kitten*. Squats, pushups, planks for minutes...
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    P90-X, usually 5-7 days a week. Each workout is about an hour, and they alternate between bodyweight and dumbell exercises, cardio, and yoga.

I'm about to start cycling in squats and deadlifts with the P90-X - that starts this weekend.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So do you feel you increase your calories to keep up the p90x videos? Or do you just eat until satisfied?
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred 6 days a week until I complete it, I usually pair it with a walk, hike, dance or zumba. Not to intense but enough to keep me moving and motivated. I want to also try some other jillian michaels workouts but all in all I'm not over concerned as long as I get a little in!
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Been doing TapoutXT (6 days a week), started biking again recently, play softball and hockey.

I don't particularly make it a point to eat more, but I generally eat a bit more than if I'm sedentary because I'm a little more hungry.

I'm getting great results. Tapout is more of a sprinting/lift heavy things than cardio I find. I'm sure I still do more than is probably 'recommended' but whatever, I like the results I'm getting.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of my calories back, but even with that I think 1900ish is the most I've put away in a day since I've been keeping track. The days that I swim and run are when I'm the hungriest. These are the days I get a lot of sweet potatoes in.