Lifting weights during attack phase?

Options
melainemelaine
melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
Hello all.

Maybe someone can help. I am lifting three times a week and I don't really want to take a rest week just yet, as I plan to do so in August when on holidays.
The book says not to exercise hard during attack phase, but I think my body is used to the exercise and I wonder if it really would do harm to still follow my routine? After all all the protein should benefit my muscles and recovery?

Any suggestions?

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My interpretation is that the recommendations are more focused on not adding new exercise (outside of the recommended walking) or upping intensity. I think if it's something you're already doing (and have been for a little while), you may want to decrease intensity depending on how you're feeling, but I don't think it's necessary to eliminate it altogether.
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My interpretation is that the recommendations are more focused on not adding new exercise (outside of the recommended walking) or upping intensity. I think if it's something you're already doing (and have been for a little while), you may want to decrease intensity depending on how you're feeling, but I don't think it's necessary to eliminate it altogether.

Thanks for your response. I will go with how I feel then, but not increase but just maintain. it's only a few days after all :smile:
  • blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been doing weight training and I've increased them significantly as well. I have a little less energy on PP days, so I split cardio and weight training and don't do it together anymore. Weight training and high protein diet is a perfect way to lose fat and gain muscle, and since muscle needs more energy our metabolism goes up AND our BMR goes up as well. Then the cheats don't have that much of an effect.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I didn't do one of my lifting sessions during the Attack phase, but I did do kettlebells at home, otherwise I would have gone mad!