Frodo and I are walking to Mt. Doom...

Options
Anybody want to join our Fellowship?

I'm Elizabeth (Frodo is the dog). I just found the Eowyn Challenge today(http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/), and will be setting out from Bag End this evening headed toward Rivendell...

Please feel free to join me!

(I will be tracking steps on my Fitbit, as that works easily for me. You, of course, may track however makes sense for you!)

Replies

• SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Oooh... Maybe one can simply swim, skate, or hopscotch into Mordor?
  • Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ok i'm in! Maybe holding a ring could motivate us! :smiley:
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Hurray! Glad you could join us!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Day 1
    (15 February, 2015)

With a little over 5 miles trodden, we have left Hobbiton far behind! (Though I will confess that, having started on this journey, I feel far more than the miles I've walked between me and my cozy home...)

We crossed The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge, and have just entered Tookland.

• Arduinna4
    Options
    First day (23 february) went great! Total of 10 km which is 6.2 miles. This means i'm also in Tookland. I guess i'll take a nap under a tree.
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Hurray! You've made it to Tookland, too!
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Day 2: I am 9.57 miles into my journey, and the country is becoming hilly. Frodo and I can no longer see the lights of Hobbiton behind us.

We are well and truly on our way...
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Autumnfilly2005 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is brilliant! I'm totally going to do this, but I wonder if I should start a new journey now, or already count the miles I've done? And should I count all miles I walk a day (via fitbit) or only the ones I walk for formal exercise (1 hour walk/run 2x week)?
  • Arduinna4
    Options
    Another 10km for me which means 12.4 miles since i left home. I had my fruggal supper and can't wait to reach Stock Road. Nature is magnificent here!

@Autumnfilly2005
    I dont have fitbit so i only count the "formal" walk/runs but i guess you could put all the miles you do! Our journey is new too so even if you start logging your miles today you could catch up with us!
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Autumnfilly2005 - Do as you will!

For what it's worth, I chose to just start now (well, 2 days ago, actually...), so that I could have the fun of leaving the Shire, and not skip anything. Also, I do the miles via Fitbit. (I figure it's going to take me forever, anyway!)
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Well done, Arduinna4!
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Options
    I did 7.64 miles today, so I'm looking back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Haha this is cool!
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    We reached the Stock road last evening. Continued on another tenth of a mile, then stopped for the night.

Frodo ranged around a bit, and came back to tell me with delight that he detected other kindred spirits travelling ahead and behind us!

mffoz05c2fa0.jpg

I must admit: It is a relief to know that, should my steps falter (or worse, yet, should the enemy's gaze fix upon me), there are friendly souls along my path, undertaking this same journey...
  • Arduinna4
    Options
    (Day 2) Today was a lovely day so i managed to do 5.7 miles more. I'm 18.1 miles away from home but not feeling homesick yet! Saw some hoof prints on the way, i'm guessing Frodo passed from here! I'd better camp and light a fire cause the night is chilly!
    iod9c1la7cty.jpg
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    (I'm just gonna confess, here, that my picture, yesterday, was actually taken this Autumn: Too depressing to think of hobbitses marching through our mountains of snow!)

Day 4. 26.2.15:6.38mi (21.17 total)

The countryside has grown hilly; the road rolls up and down. I wonder how long it will last - and what will come next...
  • Arduinna4
    Options
    (Day 3) i had the weirdest dream. I dreamt that a fox was staring at me. Whatever...the forest is full of strange creatures but i'm not afraid cause i'm one of them! 5.3 miles more (23.4 total) and i see a lot of hills in front of me. Time for a rest and then off we go again!
  • Autumnfilly2005
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday, but I walked 11.35 miles, bringing my total to 18.99 miles. I'm camping in a firwood just over top of the hill. Slept by a large tree. Fox saw us.

I'll post later on tonight/tomorrow morning when I finish today's tally.
  • SeriouslySta
    Options
    Whoa, @Autumnfilly2005, way to rack up the miles! Nicely done - You may make it to Bree before the rest of us.