Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Frodo and I are walking to Mt. Doom...

Replies

• SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Day 25 - March the Eighteenth
    Today, we traveled 5.5 miles. We have now come 146.48, in total.

We are headed north into Chetwood. Aside from ourselves, we have seen no living things all day. The silence, but for the sough of the wind, is almost eerie.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 26 - The Nineteenth of March
    With today's 5.6 miles, Frodo and I have now gone 152.08 miles away from our front door.

We are headed east. All is still quiet.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 27 - March the Twentieth, of the year 2015 in the Third Age (by Shire reckoning).

With the ground dropping gently before us, we made good time, covering 6.5 miles in the day (total of 158.58).
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 28 - The Twenty-First of March

5.2 miles, total of 163.78

Still within the Chetwood. We think we are approaching its eastern boundary.
  • SeriouslySta
    edited April 2015
    March the Twenty-Second (being the 29th of our journey)

Today, our progress was slower. I cannot fully account for this fact: I think perhaps, having left the peace and shelter of the Chetwood behind us, the damp air seeps into our bones.

We made only 3.2 miles today, for a total of 166.98
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 30 - March 23rd.
    (3.4 miles, 170.38 total)

Still we travel eastward. I fear I am falling ill.

• SeriouslySta
    Days 31, 32, 33,34 & 35 passed in a blur of fever and pain!

We made such progress as we could - and huddled in such shelter as we could find, between.

In the five days, we managed 4.9 miles: Less than a typical days' journey... But forward, still, we went (for a total of 175.28).

• SeriouslySta
    edited April 2015
    Days 36 & 37 - The Twenty-Ninth and Thirtieth of March

Again, less than a day's travel in twice that time!
    We have made 178.98 miles since leaving home, and find ourselves within the western edge of Midgewater Marshes.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 38 - The Final Day of March

Though our progress in slow (only 2.5 miles, today), I begin to feel I might just survive the day - and perhaps tomorrow, as well...

At some point in the blur of the last week, passed our first full month on the road! This seems incredible to me: How much longer will our journey take?!?

We have already gone 181.48 miles.

• SeriouslySta
    Day 39 - The First day of April, in the 2015 year of the Third Age (by Shire reckoning)

I am on the mend! We traveled 5.4 miles today, for a total of 186.88.

Frodo is beyond delighted, too: He was bored, bored, bored, watching me huddle, shivering, in my cloak - and is ecstatic to be on the move once more!

• SeriouslySta
    Day Forty - The Second of April

Took it a bit easier, today, with 4.6 miles. At 191.48, we are somewhere in the midst of the Midgewater Marshes.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 41 - April the Third
    5.1 miles (196.58 total)

Surely we are approaching the eastern reaches of the Marshes, now?
    (I wonder whether my boots will ever be dry again...)
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 42 (which should be the answer to everything) - The Fourth Day of the Fourth Month in the 2015th Year of the Third Age of Middle Earth, by Shire reckoning, doncha know.

5.7 miles (202.28 total)

We finally reached the eastern edge of the Marshes, and at least the view has changed: In the distance, far ahead, we can see the Weather Hills.
  • SeriouslySta
    Our Forty-Third Day on the road (being the Fifth of April).

Though the rising ground seems dry and barren after the miles of the Marshes, we made good time today, and covered a fair distance (7.2 miles).

Total, now, is 209.48.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 44 - April 6th

We have set our eyes on the hills ahead, and again, we made good time. (I think Frodo wants to keep moving as far away from the sick-Mama-place as he possibly can!) We managed 6.7 miles, today, for a total of 216.18.

We passed a stream with a few Alder trees. Even such stunted growth stood out against these barren lands!
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 45 - The Seventh day of April
    4.54 miles, for a total of 220.72

Frost on the ground, this morning. Ahead, on the hills, we can see ruins.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 46 - April the Eighth

Still we press on. (I think my boots might actually be drying out!) We traveled 5.83 miles today, for a total of 226.55.

Perhaps we will make the hills tomorrow.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 47 - The Ninth of April

We managed a full six miles today, plus three-quarters of another. We have gone two hundred thirty-three and not-quite-a-third since leaving our home.

We follow, now, the path southward toward Weathertop. It is not easy, at times, as the path is cunningly hidden. (I wish this fact made me feel safer than it does...)
  • SeriouslySta
    The Tenth Day of April, the Forty-Eighth of our Journey

We made just over five-and-a-quarter miles, today. (Total of 238.56.)

Where the land is open, the track we follow is edged with stones. It seems we are approaching its southern most end, near the western foothill.

I am uneasy. I hope that we can both rest well this evening: I have a feeling that we will need our strength on the morrow - and our wits about us...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Hey there, it's too late to join you on your particular quest, but I'm going to embark on my own :)