Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Frodo and I are walking to Mt. Doom...

Replies

• Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    (Day 9) Another 4 miles today (45.9 total) and i'm guessing i could do more but no rush...I'm enjoying the beautiful nature and i feel excited take part in this adventure. I think i'm at a point that i should turn right off the path so lets go inside those dense thickets!
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    I'm so glad you ladies are playing, too!
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 11, being the 4th day of March

4.47 miles - total of 61.42

We have just passed the boundaries of Farmer Maggot's fields!
  • Arduinna4
    (Day 10) Some days i wake up so ready for walking miles and miles! Today was not one of those days so only 4.2 miles more coming to the total of 50.1 miles. Started raining again so i'd better rest under that oak.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 12, being the 5th day of March

5.57 miles - total of 66.99

We continued along Farmer Maggot's lane, and now take a wagon toward Buckleberry Ferry. I will be happy to make that crossing at last!
  • Arduinna4
    (Day 11) Rest day today! I think i'm gonna chase some butterflies...
  • SeriouslySta
    edited March 2015
    Day 13
    March the Sixth

5.04 miles (72.03 total)

Foggy and boggy. Those are the words for today: Foggy and boggy.

Made the Buckleberry Ferry crossing with a Black Rider not far behind!

On the far bank, we started North, then took a lane to the right. The land is hilly once more.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited March 2015
    I left Bag End a while ago. It is now day 19 of my quest. 5 nights ago, we were attacked by Nazgul on Weathertop. They pursue Frodo on the horse and I am safe, for now, but I still hear their screams in my fitful nightmare-filled sleep. Today, I continue through the valley, the land is beginning to rise. There is a huddle of hills ahead.

ETA: I am tracking my distance on Endomondo.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 14 - The Seventh of March

Yesterday, we managed 5.07 miles (for a total of 77.1).

We entered the tunnel under Hedge to reach The Old Forest. The path disappeared. We continued on for a bit, to make sure we were still headed in the correct direction, then stopped for the night.

Hard to believe I left my cozy hobbit hole a fortnight ago! It seems like but a moment - and forever...

• Arduinna4
    (Day 12) Second rest day (due to bad bad very bad weather)
    (Day 13) Ok rest is enough now! I ignore the rain and go on my way cause i'm left behind!3.5 miles are covered today (total 53.6) . Trees and trees and more trees ahead. I want to see the sea!Anyway, i have a long journey ahead so its lunch and then sleep!
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 15 - The Eighth Day of March in the Year 2015 of the Third Age, by Shire reckoning (and the 12th Anniversary of my youngest's Natal Day, which is very important, indeed).

Frodo and I covered 5.59 miles of ground, for a total of 82.69 miles away from the familiar stone of our front doorstep.

We now travel an easy, well-marked path in the forest - gentle, peaceful, quiet. Sunlight dapples in front of us with sudden brighter patches of tan and brown, as it joyfully filters its way down through the leafy branches overhead.
  • Arduinna4
    (Day 14) I'm so tired of the walking...the nature is beautiful though. I crossed paths with many animals and fellow travelers but i must carry on alone. 4.9 miles added today (total 58.5) and still according to my map have 15 miles to Crickhollow.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 16 - The Ninth Day of March
    6.43 miles, for a total of 89.12 miles

The path veered SE (there is a series of folds in the landscape that seems to run in that orientation). We left the path, and tried to go North, but have lost our way.
  • Arduinna4
    (Day 15) Another 4.9 miles closer to my destination today. Total 63.4 miles and i see the Farmer Maggot's house. Let's eat!
  • SeriouslySta
    edited March 2015
    Day 17 - March the Tenth
    7.14 miles, for a total of 96.26 miles

We followed a path eastward along the river bank (which is hilarious - since my Frodo and I actually _did_ spend over an hour exploring some boggy paths along the river yesterday, at lunchtime).

We stopped under a tree to rest - and were rescued at last!

Pictures from yesterday's walk:
    8b1s7d3c1bec.jpg

7osrs0hyhnn4.jpg
    11my5pd86qky.jpg
  • Arduinna4
    (Day 16) Rest
    (Day 17) Another 5.3 miles closer to my destination (total 68.7). The nature becomes wilder and the fog makes the scenery scary. Brrrr....
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 18 - The Eleventh Day of March
    5.71 miles, for a total of 101.97miles

A hundred miles... We have gone more than one hundred miles on this journey.

The slopes we climb, now, are steep - and the descents just as much so, or more.

Surely Bree cannot be that much further - Can it? Soon enough, we will have completed our errand, and be turning our steps homeward.
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 19 - The Twelfth Day of March
    6.71 miles, for a total of 108.68 miles

Steep slopes - long, angling descents - neither trees nor water to be seen.

I can feel my heart weighing within me. There is a shadow over us, and malice all around. We do our best to be cheerful, singing - but our voices can only be lifted for a little while, before the heavy air silences us.
  • Arduinna4
    (Day 18) 3.7 miles more today (72.4 total) and i'm just a breath away from Crickhollow. But alas, i have to eat, rest and continue tomorrow. Hope to catch up with the rest of the team!
  • SeriouslySta
    Day 20 - March Thirteenth
    7.14 miles, for a total of 115.82 miles

Ugh...Wights.