Like Minded Lushes - November 2015

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Well it's November lushes...you know what that means...the holiday season is officially upon us! Family gatherings, food and (of course) lots of drink! :drinker:

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ashley is kicking some no booze butt!!
    I had a quiet weekend fighting off the bug. Ended up not going to the party on Saturday. Did see my cousin graduate from bootcamp but came home and crawled back to bed.
    That also meant very little booze for me.
    Saturday-0
    Sunday-1 beer
    Monday-1 glass of wine
    Probably another glass of wine tonight? It was 85 degrees over the weekend but now it's been cold (60's) and rainy, Makes me want to curl up in bed and do nothing.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Oh Syd, hope you feel better soon :(
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Checking in finally! Seriously, November already?! This year will be over before we realize it.

I've been lushing but also working out like a crazy person. Had a little too much fun on Halloween but that's what it's for right?

Congrats to everyone on their 0's B) I am not even trying, it's the holidays and I just love to relax at the end of the day with some wine :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm on day 11. Only 3 more nights to go! I sound like a broken record, but I've kind of been surprised this hasn't sucked more.... I think I needed a break.

Hi to everyone! Syd, hope you feel better. I just got over being sick a couple weeks ago and now my throat has started hurting again. My son has been snotty for 3 days. Stupid day care germs....
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Syd, I hope that you feel better soon. Being sick sucks!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

Need to go workout tonight. Trying to get into a good, solid routine. My doctor told me that I need to focus on just doing about 30 minutes of hard cardio instead of an hour like I usually do...and incorporate weights. I like weights, I just always forget to do them!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Great costume Kat!
    Got a week of zeros in. Unfortunately it was due to being in the hospital. First time I have ever been admitted, so it was quite the experience. Anyway, on the mend- goodbye zeros!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    What's up Gary, you ok???
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy November lushes! Family gatherings always make me want to drink! :open_mouth:
    Feel better quickly Syd!
    Gary - I feel ya - hospital stays are awful, spent a week in the hospital 2 years ago and it's still a nightmare in my mind! Hope all is well and you are mending quickly!!!

Drank WAY too much on Halloween but nothing on Sunday, couple glasses of white wine on Monday and a zero yesterday... :smiley:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0...it was tough. Len poured a cocktail as soon as he go home, but I stayed strong.
    SIL, GF and nephew are coming home from TX for a week tonight. I MAY have some wine, I may not. I am in the process of quitting smoking and drinking makes me wanna smoke so I think if I can stay away from drinking these first few days it might make the process easier. Saturday, there is a family party for nephew's 1st bday with several smokers and I will definitely be drinking, it's is gonna be tough.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I am feeling better...thanks everyone! I'm glad our friend Gary is checking in here...he's been really going through it!!

Kate..good luck! Quitting smoking was probably one of the most difficult things I've ever done. It took a while but now I don't even think about it. Are you using a patch or anything? That seemed to help me. And drinking definitely made it more difficult. Hang in there girl! You may slip up here and there..but don't get discouraged. You're doing the single best thing you can to improve your health. Congrats!

I'm moderating. I had a glass of wine red wine last night..it was mandatory to go with the big batch of pasta and sauce I made. It's cold here!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Thanks Sydney! I am using the patch and I also have an e-cig that I use when I don't have the patch on...just in the morning before I put the patch on. It is a 24 hour patch but I don't crave first thing in the morning, but after a workout and a cup of coffee it starts stirring! PLUS I don't want to be wearing the patch during workouts....PLUS crazy dreams are a side effect and sleeping is too precious :laugh:
    I wish I could be like some of my friends that just smoke when they drink, but I don't think I can could.
    Day 3 today....I hear the first 3 days are pretty bad and the first two weeks are difficult, in general. The patch definitely helps!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I was an all the time smoker from age 16- about 21. Eric told me he'd never ask me to marry him if I smoked. So I quit and have been a drinking smoker ever since. I have not been a regular buyer since I've had kids, and if they are not around I don't smoke, but I have a couple friends that still smoke so I will bum from them if we're drinking. I have a love hate relationship with them..... Good luck Kate!

I'm coming down the home stretch!

Hope you're ok Gary.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I remember those crazy dreams from the patch! I too, can't be an occasional smoker. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal I think! We didn't have e cigs back when I quit..I would think those could help.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks Gary! Hope you're doing better :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am back. It was an exhausting weekend with a few good moments thrown into a typical dysfunctional family gathering. It made my dad happy and that is all that matters. I had way too much vodka to cope with the situation and ate really good food. Croce's Park West was amazing.
    Syd thanks for starting the thread. My head hasn't been in the game at all this week.
    Gary- 'splain the hospital thing.
    You are all doing so good. crazy busy. I started this post 4 hours ago.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I contracted bacterial meningitis last Monday. Was in the hospital until Friday. I am home now and give myself iv antibiotics three times a day. Wife has been great taking care of me. :) Will be on the antibiotics for six more days. Anyway, moderating!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    OH GEEZ GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is terrible but glad to hear you are on the mend...poor thing!!!!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness Gary, I hope that you're feeling better! That is scary!

Kate, I use a vape and I love it. I haven't had a cigarette since June of 2014. I use like 3mg on my vape, and it's great...especially when drinking. I started as a social smoker in high school and then evolved into a full blown smoker. Now the smell just makes me sick.

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-12oz of wine...so basically 1/2 bottle and I will probably finish the other half tonight.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Day 13! Yesterday was a little hard. It was GORGEOUS! Like 70s and sunny. A beer on the deck would have been nice. Weight seems to have held steady from last week, so that's good.

Gary, glad you're OK. That is scary.