Just the Basics: July: Week 2 (7/8-7/14)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
Challenge blurb:
Welcome to LC Basics Bootcamp!
At the request of June Challenge members, and since no one else has mentioned anything else :lol:, here we go again!

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important other basics. Staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of this post should the thread get buried. 2 clicks, to this post and the Weekly link, will get you back to it.

So go ahead and post your goals in this Thread.
My daily post would look something like this.
SW: 159.6
CW: 159.6

Wed 7/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your basics.

Make this month count! Tear it up!:+1:

Newbies, feel free to join at any time.
Week 2 in play. :wink:

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Had a success first week.
    Yesterday was on target all around.
    I feel this is possible due to my broken scale and irrational fears of weight gain.
    I was tempted, very tempted, to get a new one this week, but I am really being vigilant without it, so this daily weigher is postponing the I evitable, hopefully for a couple more weeks. Or at least til I feel stablized back in ketosis.
    Have 3-4 social events coming up this week. That is a big challenge for me. But I am aware and will be strong. Only one is the type of event that can trigger emotional eating, and I have a new strategy for dealing with that. Never giving up on that. There has to be a way, and I will find it.
    It's the weekend! Let the games begin!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    So I tanked with sugar alcohols, don't have concrete evidence, but I suspect...plus I'm overdue for the first alleged 'stall' and small gain anyway...but still. I'm buckling down on my weighing again, the frequency crept back up. So no weighing for me until next week, Thursday.

So...control when it comes to mayo, and make sweet treats from scratch, instead of buying packaged. If I have to fit fat bombs in, I will. At least I know what's in them.

I took more pics, and there's some shrinking happening...I'd love to share them with some of you, but there's some partial boob action, and I don't know how to share via message. So I'll have to trust my own vision.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For 7/7 (reposting on the proper week lol)
    Vitamins - yes
    Increased water - yes
    Carbs<80 - yes
    Cal <1500 - yes
    Activity - 20 min indoor walk at lunch, biked once around the block before dinner (too humid yuck)
    CW - 188
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I had a good first week also. Even with the holiday weekend.
    I'm a daily weigher but also use a scale app that helps me focus on the trend rather than on the daily. And it's going down! Husband wants to go on a date tonight so I've got my thinking cap on for a good LC friendly place to eat and activity we can enjoy. Activity shouldn't be a problem :wink: but he LOVES mexican food and chips are a weakness of mine!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    had an amazing first week of July lost 10lbs - just switching from low carb to zero carb this July and the transformation already is amazing.

Totally on track with carbs, haven't had anything from the veg world only meat, a little bit of cheese and water - did attempt eggs but seemed to cause me some uncomfortable tummy pains so decided to leave them alone for the time being.

Have managed to stay under calorie allowance - although this is set quite high as I am eating to satisfaction not to a macro.

Have quite a busy week ahead but know I am going to be staying on track, have got the week planned with what I am going to eat and most of what I need for the week is in the fridge or freezer.

Still drinking nearly 3 litres of water a day, but am not managing to up the exercise as much as I wanted yet, but I think after I have been doing this a while things will start to kick in easier.

I can honestly say I have no intention of going back to my old eating habits, I am planning to do this now for life.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Can I join?
    I'll need to convert my kilo's to pounds and decide on my goals but I think this might just be what I need :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Can I join?
    Please do!
  • MaryDeLoria
    MaryDeLoria Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Managing to stay out of the kitchen / fridge this week and outside more. Doing lots of yard work and going for a 2-mile walk daily. Working at logging my food, which has been a tough one for me. Logging helps though - 'cause if I have to log it, I might think twice about eating it! :smiley:

Weight's edging downward - now below 170, which is welcome news. It's been a LONG time since I've been below 170!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Today was good for cals, hydration, sleep, exercise (close to step goal, I think, though my Fitbit took forever to charge so I had to guess most of today). A bit over for carbs but still LC.
    This morning's weigh in was depressing. Hit a new high (well, just a number I hadn't seen since December).
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been doing quite well 4 weeks into my new WOE. However in my first week of July, I was instructed to start a Low-Iodine diet a few days ago. I have been struggling to balance Keto & Low-Iodine, but I am holding on as best I can. I mean, losing 10lbs in 4 weeks is an excellent motivator, right? Hopefully, I won't have to do the low-iodine diet for very long. I have a Radioiodine ablation on Thursday (still a bit shocked I am going through this...and I will maintain a positive attitude).
    Ready to get back to "normal"... or my NEW "Normal" :p
  • reneebeardshaw
    reneebeardshaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Newbie here :) Started Low Carb 7/5/16
    SW 261
    CW 255
    GW 140
    Logged Food- yes
    Pre logged for tomorrow-Yes
    8+cups of water- Yes
    Walked 12000 steps- NO
    Carbs<30 - yes
    Cals<1000- Yes
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    had a couple off days but yesterday was really pretty decent, hit all the goals except potassium (although I don't know my weight as I have avoided the scale the past few days)

SW for July: 146.4
    CW: ???
    GW: 140

✅ or ❌

My Basics:
    1) all meds taken ✅
    2) all food logged, even the licks, bites, tastes, and random stuff I have to guess at ✅
    3) carbs under 75 total; shooting for 35 net max ✅
    4) Movement/exercise: running, gym time, or just hitting steps goal ✅
    5) Enough fluids (and electrolytes, especially potassium) ❌
  • gunnerslove77
    gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Sw 150
    Cw 175.7 down 2lbs from last week
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For 7/8
    Calories - under
    Carbs - over (Mexican food!) but still lc
    Water - 160 oz (I rock this at work)
    Exercise - 30min

My Mexican food date night wasn't bad. I had a wonderful dish of fajitas minus the tortillas. And allowed myself a set number of those amazing warm thin chips. I felt very satisfied (and not deprived) and am ready to rock this day!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I am not off to a great start. I think my higher blood glucose readings have scared me straight though. The last few days have bee very good, so I'm again moving in the right direction with you all. :)