Need advice please...

Options

Replies

• Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am super late in posting my update for this last week which ended Sunday. It's now Wednesday. Darn Job has me crazy.

So my current weight on Sunday the 18th was 147.3 up 1.7 lbs from last week,
    Up a total of 5 lbs in two weeks. Should I be worried?
    Deficit for the week based upon Fitbit and MFP was -576

Do I keep going at this pace and just trust that eventually things will even out?
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Fat is not gained fast. So its not fat. Keep on keeping on.
  • Sevio
    Options
    I also want to add my measurements were down. Belly area, hips and thighs too. This is where all the excess jiggly stuff is for me.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Measurements down is great progress.
    Sometimes the scale is just a liar!
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/why-you-need-to-break-up-with-your-scale/
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Sevio
    Options
    Week Three Update:
    Beginning Weight 9/18/16 147.3 Today's weight 146.4 Down .90 lbs from last week but still have gained 4.1 lbs since upping calories BF % 28.6

Sunday 9/18/16 Burned 1799 Ate 1720
    Monday 9/19/16 Burned 2543 Ate 1672
    Tuesday 9/20/16 Burned 2600 Ate 1925
    Wednesday 9/21/16 Burned 2094 Ate 1891 Skipped my 4 AM wake up for the gym..tired.
    Thursday 9/22/16 Burned 2547 Ate 2025
    Friday 9/23/16 Burned 2326 Ate 2220 Pumpkin Custard/ice cream for dessert!
    Saturday 9/24/16 Burned 2106 Ate 2500 Had to attend a party where I snacked and alcohol
    Deficit approximately 2,062 for the week.

TOM of month this coming middle of the week so my measurements went back up. Only thing that is less since starting is by belly button area. Down .50 inches from beginning.

For a couple of days Wednesday and Thursday I had horrific lower abdomen cramping in the afternoons. This seems to be happening more and more each month week before my period. I guess it's that 42 year old self and that whole Peri Menopausal crap people talk about. My diet didn't change so no new foods added that would cause the upset but it's very uncomfortable. And the bloat was bad too. Really makes you depressed but I keep telling myself its temporary. My belly gets so bloated and hard I feel like I look 4 months pregnant.
    It's frustrating.

So tell me this: My calories are averaging 1995 daily do I stay at this figure for another couple of weeks and see what happens? Do I increase up? I could use some insight as to my next steps.

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You can up your calories more.

I don't get bloated like that so I can't help. There may be some ways to help ease the comfort. I do get a lot of pains though, I try to drink even more water. Find a way to get through it- maybe put on a sparkly necklace or earrings to detract from your belly. Or, wear a flowy skirt that isn't tight on your belly.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Yes, keep on increasing the calories.
    TOM can suck. I have heard people swear by ACV to help with the bloating.
    A relaxing warm bath or some gentle exercise like walking can help the cramps. Like you say, try to focus on the fact that it's temporary. You're doing really well.
    Ichel
  • Sevio
    Options
    Thank you ladies for getting me through this. It's freaking scary!!! I feel like all I do is eat. Not to the point of stuffed but satisfied. Even last year this time I was 1lb less than I am now so maintenance for a year now makes me feel good. Just want to have that fit and healthy look with a nice shapely figure.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Sevio wrote: »
    Thank you ladies for getting me through this. It's freaking scary!!! I feel like all I do is eat. Not to the point of stuffed but satisfied. Even last year this time I was 1lb less than I am now so maintenance for a year now makes me feel good. Just want to have that fit and healthy look with a nice shapely figure.

Nothing wrong with your goals at all! Best thing is to focus on the protein, strength training and for sure you will get there!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • Sevio
    Options
    Just a little middle of the week update.....all I can say is since eating more (which some days seems crazy) I am making strength gains at the gym! I feel like I am having a much better workout at 4:30 AM AND not as tired driving home from work on a long day!! And the last couple of days feeling more confident and stronger. I love when my brain has those days!! Happy Thursday to all!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Now you are seeing the opposite of the first thing the body does when underfed by too much - reducing your energy and daily activity levels.

So now TDEE is likely to go up to where it potentially could be.

And better workouts not only require more repair, but have better changes on the body from them.

Though you just made me tired thinking about 4:30. I only see one of those a day, unless I drank too much water before bed.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Just a little middle of the week update.....all I can say is since eating more (which some days seems crazy) I am making strength gains at the gym! I feel like I am having a much better workout at 4:30 AM AND not as tired driving home from work on a long day!! And the last couple of days feeling more confident and stronger. I love when my brain has those days!! Happy Thursday to all!!

This is the best! Can I quote this one please? These are some of the first and most encouraging signs of your body loving having more food to work with.
    Strength gains and feeling less tired. Double win!!!!!
    Ichel
  • Sevio
    Options
    By all means!!! Thank you!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Awesome update!!! those are the changes that matter far more than a stupid scale number!!!

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • empressichel
    Options
    By all means!!! Thank you!

Brilliant! Thank you so much!
    Ichel
  • Sevio
    Options
    It's Sunday Morning and I am checkin' in while eating a Pumpkin Spice muffin for breakfast. Why? 1. Because I deserve it and 2. Because I can!!!

Weight is up .10 lbs this week. Not 1 one lb but a measly fraction of a pound. Makes me laugh a bit.
    However on an even better note I am down about a 1 1/2 inches around my midsection/bellybutton and my giant saddlebags are down 1/2 inch.
    Something is happening. Not sure what but I like it.

My deficit for the week was -1620 Average TDEE was 2370 Average Intake 2140

Still trying to work on upping my calories a pinch. I cannot seem to get there. Maybe this week I will just try and add 100 calories each day. Find something extra to pack in my giant lunch cooler for work.... any suggestions?
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yes, you deserve to enjoy your eats! Pumpkin spice muffin, yummy!!! .1 up on the scale and 1 1/2 inches down, I'll take that anyday! Good job increasing your calories!
    Enjoy your Sunday!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Options
    Fantastic results! I have never tried pumpkin spice! just seen it as a thing here in the U.K.! Or maybe live under rock! need to look up how make and try sometime. feel like I'm missing out! Anyway, onto your 100 calorie addition ideas. A piece of fruit? banana is around calories provides some great nutrients fibre. An ounce nuts 150 calories, fats minerals fibre! Half an avocado over you're getting vitamin e, potassium, you guessed it! More could slightly increase portion size something are having already? Another way not go for 'diet' or 'low fat' versions things. Go full fat milk cheese, whole egg white, normal ice cream instead of low cal version etc.
    Hope that helps!
    Ichel
  • empressichel
    Options
    Ok so my post seems to have deleted lots of my words! Hope it still makes enough sense!
  • Sevio
    Options
    Week 5 Update.

Weight is at 146.1 Lost .40 lbs. from last week.

My Deficit for the week based on MFP and my Fitbit was 1390 I ate an average of 2260 per day and Burned an average of 2450 per day.

Feeling okay about things. Only up 3.8 lbs since starting September 4th. I am much happier and not obsessing over the food like I was prior to starting this.
    I feel like it's okay if I want to have a small treat here and there vs. feeling guilty about it.

Question: Being 5 weeks in can I say this amount is probably my TDEE? I want to continue for 8 total weeks and then cut. Or should I go for 12 weeks and then reduce? And when I do decide to cut do I do a 10% cut?? For how long?

Another Question: Being off the Eat More part but the working out part. I have been reading about the Pear Shape/Spoon Shape body which is totally me. I have gained inches in my rear and outer thigh saddlebag area and was reading up that for my body type certain exercise you should steer clear from. One being Ellipitical/Arc Trainer at a high resistance. What I read stated no incline fast walking/jogging on the treadmill. And if I want to work out my legs light weight higher reps. Stay away from squats and lunges. Anyone ever hear of this and is it just more nonsense diet garbage we see on the web?