Need advice please...

Options

Replies

• jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention- Eddie Bauer Trouser jeans have been great for my thighs and making me look longer. They go on sale and I signed up for their emails so I take advantage of their promo codes and I would suggest the petite Sevio.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and get most of my clothes at Kohls. Great styles for all ages and great quality and frequent sales.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I've like Kohl's for their big selection of men's jeans, never looked close enough at women's section (for obvious reasons) to see if it matches in variety.

Now - interesting how sizes change. Lee's of same style and size are tighter than ones I bought years ago when trying them on.
    I'm guessing the old ones were during a time when the manufacturers were on bandwagon to make us feel good by not making things to correct size, so the actual size was larger than label.
    Now they've gone back to more accurate sizing.
    Have to see if the Levi's are the same in a few weeks when I get the next coupon.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    @heybales my shopping experience on Monday was painful to say the least.
    Ended up buying leggings at The Loft which is one of my favorite stores. Waist Size 31 #12 on the label. My other jeans I have bought there used to be 4s and now I need a 6 or an 8 in the curvy or modern fits. I had to get the pants bigger because of the legs and the skinny part of them. So they fit my calves!!!. The other pants I bought were called a Ponte Fit and same thing. Size Large. Ripping out the tags on these pants. I think the sizing is off big time!!
    Not letting it get to me!!! It's just a number!!!
  • heybales
    Options
    So true, yet another number, that even between brands or sometimes the same brand different styles isn't even meaningful.

But defines nothing about us.

Like estimated TDEE - it gives you rough place to start. At least clothes pretty fast to figure it out.
  • ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sevio wrote: »
    @heybales my shopping experience on Monday was painful to say the least.
    Ended up buying leggings at The Loft which is one of my favorite stores. Waist Size 31 #12 on the label. My other jeans I have bought there used to be 4s and now I need a 6 or an 8 in the curvy or modern fits. I had to get the pants bigger because of the legs and the skinny part of them. So they fit my calves!!!. The other pants I bought were called a Ponte Fit and same thing. Size Large. Ripping out the tags on these pants. I think the sizing is off big time!!
    Not letting it get to me!!! It's just a number!!!

WOW!! Love your consistency and your faith in this process! i think if i had to go shopping for a new wardrobe i would have freaked out......lol!anyways i always wear one size up so i am not still in need of new stuff :D keep going gal!
  • Sevio
    Options
    I haven't checked in with you all in a bit so I thought I would just catch up with what's going on with me.
    Over the past couple of weeks I dropped down to about 2,000 calories per day average and this last week felt MAJOR tiredness. Prior to that I was averaging 2200 to 2300 and felt much better. My workouts this week suffered. I didn't go to the gym Thursday or Friday like I normally would have because I was so exhausted.
    So that right there tells me something: Eat more.
    I did lose a pound a couple of weeks ago. This week even though my calories were lower and my exercise was lessened I am now up 1.5 lbs.
    VALID weigh in day yesterday:
    Weight is 150.6 Starting Weight 9/4/16 was 142.3 UP 8.3 lbs which squares the bejesus out of me!! That is about .60 lbs per week.
    Measurements aren't budging. is this a good sign?

I think over the course of the next few weeks going to bump up to 2300 and see how my body feels and reacts. It's the holiday season so it's the perfect time to test my body and see what happens.

• heybales
    Options
    Sounds like your body reacts fast to stress by gaining water weight.

And of course if workouts suffered, then likely daily life was not as active as normal - that's harder to put a finger on - though the activity trackers will usually show less steps.

That's how the body adapts first - slow you down.

Great that measurements are moving.
  • Sevio
    Options
    I failed to mention work holiday party Friday afternoon with appetizers and then I went home and ate a little chinese food!
    One should never weigh in the morning after chinese takeout!
  • heybales
    Options
    And should have been known but oddly never came up before - but Mexican also.

Now I wonder why I never ate that on Fri nights for it to be obvious. Strange. Probably because take out Chinese so much easier to find. (not counting Taco Bell).
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Stress and Salt seems to be the reasons for you this week.
    Im glad you noticed that your energy level and mood drops down with lower calories. If nothing else, that is the best reason to continue eating at a higher level. This is the perfect time of year to sit at TDEE (or higher) and just enjoy the season:)

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • jvezzsb01
    Options
    Yes, to eating at TDEE!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    The exhaustion is a definite sign from your body to eat more.
    What was the reason to drop from 2300 to 2000? Are you cutting?
    It's a great time of year to enjoy food and not worry about it. Stress can do a number on your scale weight too. Your workouts will love you for it!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Sevio
    Options
    @empressichel I lowered my calories because i could not stand my pants not fitting properly. Turns out I gained eating less!!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @empressichel I lowered my calories because i could not stand my pants not fitting properly. Turns out I gained eating less!!

Ah! Ok! So valuable lesson learned here?
    Have you increased back up?
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Sevio
    Options
    Yes ma'am I did. I am not going to worry about it until the New Year. Too many holiday baked goods!! Also cutting back on Cardio. I was doing almost an hour at the gym. Treadmill or Elliptical trainer 30 minutes each then a strength training workout for 30. Walking dog at night and on 15 minute breaks. Now that it's winter here in New York no walking outside.
    Trying reduce gym to 30 minutes cardio and 30 strength. Maybe I have been over doing it
  • ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am I did. I am not going to worry about it until the New Year. Too many holiday baked goods!! Also cutting back on Cardio. I was doing almost an hour at the gym. Treadmill or Elliptical trainer 30 minutes each then a strength training workout for 30. Walking dog at night and on 15 minute breaks. Now that it's winter here in New York no walking outside.
    Trying reduce gym to 30 minutes cardio and 30 strength. Maybe I have been over doing it

Thats a good plan! but i think u should totally skip cardio and just focus on strength. u really were over doing it feeling u out of energy. Just walk your dog for amusement if the weather permits.
  • jvezzsb01
    Options
    Sevio- I have to say I did quit my walks, they were long, and just figured I would concentrate on strength and adjust calories for 3 times a week workouts. I feel great and so far haven't notice an uptick on the scale. I put my FitBit away and have stopped checking it. With the cooler weather it's the perfect time to concentrate on strength only, in my mind.
    I hope you continue to feel great this week!
  • Sevio
    Options
    jvezzsb01 wrote: »
    Sevio- I have to say I did quit my walks, they were long, and just figured I would concentrate on strength and adjust calories for 3 times a week workouts. I feel great and so far haven't notice an uptick on the scale. I put my FitBit away and have stopped checking it. With the cooler weather it's the perfect time to concentrate on strength only, in my mind.
    I hope you continue to feel great this week!

I actually do! Haven't been on the scake. Lowered my workouts. Skipped the gym this morning. Knew I wanted to and horrible lake effect snow this morning helped me with that decision as well. Eating at TDEE this week. Right around 2200 calories per Fitbit. Thinking I need to stop with the Fitbit. Added stressor I think.

• jvezzsb01
    Options
    I know what you mean about added stressor with the Fitbit. It was for me and my crazy obsession with getting everything just right. I haven't missed it. :o Here's to a strong finish this week!