Getting enough sleep

Options
bonniepl
bonniepl Posts: 15 Member
How many of you do get 8 good hours? I am not too bad, but usually get 7. My husband works nights at leaves at 11, I usually fall asleep reading at 11:30 or so, and have to get up at 6:40. On weekends I do get 8 hours though even counting staying up later.

Replies

• mash0211
    mash0211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually get 7. I'm in medical school so my hours can vary quite a bit, but right now, going to bed by 10 and getting up at 5 is usually what I do. If I don't have to be in clinic until 8, I have time to work out in the mornings, if I'm in the hospital, I have to be there at 6 or 7 so I have to try and fit my workouts in at other times.
  • learue
    learue Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I rarely get 8 hours--usually between 6 and 7. I have made an effort the past few days to get more. I've found that 7 (so far) seems to be the perfect amount for me.
  • bonniepl
    bonniepl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    learue wrote: »
    Hi! I rarely get 8 hours--usually between 6 and 7. I have made an effort the past few days to get more. I've found that 7 (so far) seems to be the perfect amount for me.

I think 7 may be enough for me too. I do like the extra on the weekend though.
  • ownerofavwbug
    ownerofavwbug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't do well with a good sleeping routine this week as I was on vacation. I'm hoping to incorporate some better sleeping habits this next week. Even on a normal week, I rarely get 7-8 hours of sleep...usually around 6, but I don't feel well rested. So this week Ill work on being more diligent about bedtime.
  • rbarber7
    rbarber7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I rarely get 8 hour nightly. I might get 6 or 7. It's 1am now and I'm still up.
  • madifehling
    madifehling Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bonniepl wrote: »
    How many of you do get 8 good hours? I am not too bad, but usually get 7. My husband works nights at leaves at 11, I usually fall asleep reading at 11:30 or so, and have to get up at 6:40. On weekends I do get 8 hours though even counting staying up later.

Great discussion starter, Bonnie, thank you for sharing! It's always helpful to hear how others manage their sleep and for tips and tricks to try. We are all wired a little differently but typically the 7.5 hours seems to be the ticket. What do you think?
  • madifehling
    Options
    learue wrote: »

That's great!! What have you been doing to help yourself get a little more sleep? Everyone is different, and 7 hours might be the perfect amount for you. :smile:
  • madifehling
    Options
    Well, I didn't do well with a good sleeping routine this week as I was on vacation. I'm hoping to incorporate some better sleeping habits this next week. Even on a normal week, I rarely get 7-8 hours of sleep...usually around 6, but I don't feel well rested. So this week Ill work on being more diligent about bedtime.

You can do it! Did you try any new strategies? We would love to hear your progress and how it's going!
  • madifehling
    Options
    rbarber7 wrote: »
    I rarely get 8 hour nightly. I might get 6 or 7. It's 1am now and I'm still up.

Haha! Oh no rbarber7! That is too funny. Since then have you been able to try and new strategies to go to sleep a little earlier?