Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 3 (3/15-3/21)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
Obligatory Challenge Blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
I wanted to call this challenge the "Spring Shape-Up," but considering Fall is approaching on the other side of the globe, I dropped "Spring." Regardless where you're from, seasons are changing. And it's a great time to change things up in your life.

So let's embark on a Super Shape-Up Challenge.
Shape-up something in your life.
  • Shape-up your strategies with Mindful Eating or improving or picking up new WOE hacks. (Check out our Mindfulness challenge from last year.
  • Shape-up your intake by improving your consistency/compliance with your plan.
  • Shape-up your body by committing to step-up your fitness.
  • Shape-up your health by adopting a more positive health habit (like more sleep, less alcohol, avoiding unnecessary stress, and etc.)

There will be a post in the Sticky section for easy access should the thread get buried on the feed. I'll keep a link at the bottom of that post for each thread.

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    @baconslave thanks for setting up this thread!

I am continuing on with my same set of goals.

Shape Up Challenge Goals
    1. Eat between 20–30 g of carbs per day max
    2. Drink 6 to 8 cups of water per day
    3. Lift weights 3 to 4 times per week
    4. Swing kettle bell 6 to 7 times per week
    5. Walk six times per week
    6. Set phone every hour for five hours out of the day to get up and move
    7. Record daily
    8. Lose 6 to 8 pounds

SW 195
    3/1 142.8
    3/7 141.6
    3/14 138.6
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @baconslave thanks for setting up this thread!

I am continuing on with my same set of goals.

Shape Up Challenge Goals
    1. Eat between 20–30 g of carbs per day max
    2. Drink 6 to 8 cups of water per day
    3. Lift weights 3 to 4 times per week
    4. Swing kettle bell 6 to 7 times per week
    5. Walk six times per week
    6. Set phone every hour for five hours out of the day to get up and move
    7. Record daily
    8. Lose 6 to 8 pounds

SW 195
    3/1 142.8
    3/7 141.6
    3/14 138.6

You're welcome.
    :heart: kettlebells. I need to go back to doing some swings every day.
    Nice goals, btw.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!!!

Carb creep messed me up from Dec-parts of Feb. I needed salt water Monday and Tuesday and today I'm jamming despite soooonotenoughsleep this week. So I think my body's back in the groove. :) Trying to work into a more nutrient dense version of keto/LCHF...more sardines, less salami? Playing with that a bit this week.

Also water, why are you so hard for me to drink? :(

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    My heart has not been in this the past few days. Still very low carb but mentally I'm off my game. I can't seem to get household things done either, like laundry. I know the snow yesterday (20" at my house) didn't help things any. I need to get my *kitten* together today and stop making excuses.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Was away last week, might have averaged out a 30 minute stretch per day between walking and dancing, but did not adhere to plan strictly.
    Starting up again this week.

Day 15: Yes! 30 minute yoga.
    1 of 16.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Aaaaah, well well well, if it isn't week three.

My goal is simple: not screw up. Pretty simple, right?
  • nayneu
    nayneu Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I like this one. I think I will follow it.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    nayneu wrote: »

I like this one. I think I will follow it.

Here's to not screwing up!!! :D
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Ugggg. Today's run was crap and hard. *pppphhhhbbbbbtttt* However yesterday's was great. So, onward and upward. I guess. Harumph.
  • kerbear135
    kerbear135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have done well with no cheats this week and recording every bite...week 3 goal is still to keep the cheats to 1 day per week or less (ideally none at all)....
  • Cadori
    Options
    3/14 check in

Carbs - Good!
    Calories - Good
    Water...wait for it...GOOD!!!!
    Sleep - meh, less than 6 hours...you win some, you lose some.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still in a funk. But I did do some laundry and some dishes last night.

Short ribs in the crockpot this morning. I can dig meat as a comfort food for the winter blahs. I made mint choc chip cookies for my coworkers this morning too. Taste tested 1 cookie and it was good, did not have the desire to eat more. The old me would never have been able to do that.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @tishsmith101 are you willing to share your ribs recipe? I have been craving ribs something fierce and found a low carb bbq sauce I was thinking of using.

@mmultanen you made a great point directed at me earlier about being specific in my goals...and I think I'll heed your advice for April. Especially when it comes to exercise. This stoopid March snow storm has kicked me right back into winter hibernation mode.

So as far as the rest of March goes, I'm just going to try to keep it simple. Stay under 50g a day (so far, so good), log daily & everything, and I think I need to make sure I'm drinking enough water too.

I do know that Saturday is going to be an indulgent day...I've kinda been planning it, so I guess the goal for that is to not feel any guilt, allow myself a *little* leeway, stay accountable by honestly logging every beverage and morsel I throw down my throat, and just start back on track Sunday.
  • abowman0870
    abowman0870 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just joined this community and have been doing keto/LC for 2 months now with fabulous results.
    My goal this week (and the last 2 weeks) is to:
    1. maximize my time outdoors enjoying Springlike temps in Colorado.
    2. Continue to keep the carb intake around 50g (primary sources of carbs are fruits and veggies, no grains).
    3. Make an effort to eat more protein (averaging about 45g/day)

I'm not sure where to ask for help so pardon me if this is not the best place. I've been making great progress since late January but the last few weeks I keep hitting roadblocks. I lose a little weight (like .5 to 1 lb) then stall for a week or more. I know from many, many years of experience this is normal (esp. for women). Does anybody have suggestions or similar experiences?
  • Cadori
    Options
    Yeah, I'm still in a funk. But I did do some laundry and some dishes last night.

Short ribs in the crockpot this morning. I can dig meat as a comfort food for the winter blahs. I made mint choc chip cookies for my coworkers this morning too. Taste tested 1 cookie and it was good, did not have the desire to eat more. The old me would never have been able to do that.

Short ribs, cauliflower mash and roasted brussels sprouts is about my favorite meal. I can dig that comfort food!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Unfortunately, nothing new to report. Just cruiz'n in neutral.
    No loss, no gain, no flu, no vacation... Yawn... I'm putting myself to sleep... HAHA.
  • mmultanen
    Options
    @nikoba I'm super competitive but I'm also easily distractable! I need one thing to focus on maybe two, or I accomplish nothing. lol

Maybe those of us with fitness goals (other than fitness this burger in my mouth) could start an April fitness challenge!

• mmultanen
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @abowman0870 that's my body's preferred method of losing weight. I'll lose a .5lb or less for 2 or 3 weeks, then my body feels like "ok I can let go" and I'll lose 3.5lbs in a week. I lost 80 lbs on WW and I've lost 30 (twice now but whose counting) on LCHF and every time my body reacts the same way. It helps to track the trend and not the individual data points. Is the trend going in the right direction? Great! screw the data points, man.