Non-Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm in 30 band bras now. Yay for weightloss but boo for now being a size that most shops don't stock. Thank God for Brastop.com
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    I'm in 30 band bras now. Yay for weightloss but boo for now being a size that most shops don't stock. Thank God for Brastop.com

I need to check out that website. I was recently shopping for bras for my 12-year-old daughter, and realized that *I* could buy bras in the girls section with her. This was not an enjoyable moment for me.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    @JeepHair77 Brastop is great. I think they primarily cater for small band large cup (I'm a 30F) but they've got something for everyone. I would also recommend the subreddit ABraThatFits. They have so many tips about sizing. So many women are in the wrong size bras and it makes me sad. Try their measurement calculator and you may be surprised.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I was lucky. My most recent bra decrease (to the 30 band) happened during the 50% off sale at my local department store and I managed to get two two packs of t-shirt bras for $35. And honestly? I mostly live in sports bras and bralettes if I can help it but I can also now say I own booby holders that actually hold my boobs. I'm definitely going to stock this bra info for later though, thank you, @jesspen91! I read a detailed tumblr post about bra fittings an eternity ago and it has never steered me wrong since in terms of sizing/comfort.

I bought a dress, I don't know what you'd call it; a long t-shirt dress? But in like a semi-slinky jersey material and even not bloated from my impending period these things give me anxiety, but despite feeling like a pregnant whale, I have not attempted to return said dress with the other items that don't actually fit. However, I did also buy two super soft long long sleeved tops that look great over leggings (bum: covered) in mint green/lavender and have decided never to wear anything else. :lol:
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    @jesspen91 - I've been professionally measured a few times, although not recently, so I ought to do it again. I've been either a 32B or a 34A, and I'd say that right now, I might even be a 32A, because I've often been between cup sizes and I'm currently at the smaller end of my personal spectrum. Yeah, I should definitely get measured for real and buy some new bras. And not in the kids' section.

@glassofroses I have kind of jumped on the bralette bandwagon, lately. Those lacy things that you can wear under strappy things and just accept that it's part of the outfit. That's definitely my go-to for casual wear, but I feel like I need the real deal for work.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @JeepHair77 Oh yeah, you need your booby holders for work. But the moment I'm in the door, they're off and the bralette is on! I buy mine from the Victoria Secret main line, not the PINK one, so they're lined and don't show any nipple. I even have a couple that are padded and are great for under shirts. Very high coverage and great structure. Costs a bit more but if I can get away with it, I will wear one. :lol: A lot of it is because where I'm a 30D/DD now, nowhere stocks my size. I have to do it all online or dedicate myself to trawling the one department store that does my size in some of their stock. Instead, I can just pop in to VS and grab a small and be on my merry way. Plus it's infinitely sexier to get something from VS than to shop the bra section that lives next to the food section of a store. :lol: Well, it's adjacent to the beauty bit which is next to the food bit. :wink:
  • mfranz42
    mfranz42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 inch on my measurements after 1.5 months of eating 1500 calories and working out 3X per week!
  • JeepHair77
    Options
    This weekend, hugging an old friend as we were leaving the bar, he said, "whoa, your stomach feels amazing!"

I swear, it wasn't creepy. Just awesome.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Panda8ach wrote: »
    I go rock climbing and the higher grades seem a little easier now I'm a touch lighter :)

That's progress! It might be slow and steady but it'll happen. You'll get to those 5.9s sooner than you know!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of energy. (Or did, until my bout of insomnia last night caused a very sad morning today.)

I went on vacation with some friends and didn't cringe at being in pictures. It felt amazing to see someone healthy and fit in photos!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    *deleted*
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh myself this morning. It sounds weird, but I was well on my way of getting obsessive about it, so now I am set on not stepping on the scale until 1st of August. And I am starting today. Not checking my weight is fine, but not checking my body fat % will be the challenge, because I really want to see results from working out.
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A big part of what got me back to My Fit Pal, logging, and becoming involved in the community was the fact that I simply could not fit comfortably into 90% of my jeans. I had also ripped holes in three of my yoga pants :o:o

My NSV this week actually occurred on accident. I accidentally put on the wrong pair of pants to work. Size 10 (jean like material) skinny jeans. Although I noticed quickly, that they weren't my go to "comfy pants", I was still able to button them and get through the day without being totally uncomfortable.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to the gym and tried to up my training as I have kept feeling the "I can do more" for a full week. I was so sure I would be at least a little sore. Nothing.
    I woke up this morning thinking "I don't feel sore at all, I feel wonderful, and I really, really want to go to the gym today." So I took my gym bag to work again, on a day that's normally my "off day" for the gym. Somehow this does not feel like me...
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I went to the movies, by myself, and DIDNT have any popcorn. Seriously a win for me b/c I have a papcorn problem.
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been waking up with energy in the morning this past week, which is a big deal for me. I am not a morning person at all, but I think all of my exercising and eating so healthy the past few months has finally culminated in me having energy right when I wake up and throughout the day. Plus, my skin is healthier than ever (kudos to hydration and energy). Just been feeling great in general.
  • LindaCan2
    LindaCan2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1 lb in 3 days, and I'm so pumped about it that I'm going to continue on my plan. When I get 5 lbs off, then I'll reward myself with a NSV reward, maybe a new pair of pants for Fall.
  • julieb0814
    julieb0814 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a cute stretchy dress in medium yesterday. I can't remember the last time I wore that size. I'm also down another pants size. My confidence is way up today!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got up early and took my pup for a run! She made is 4.5 miles before conking out. I am so proud of her. My NSV is that I finally found the motivation I was looking for to get out the door for the early morning run. She can only come with me before its hot out.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    I did a push up!

Just the one to see if I could but it was fine and I'm taking it as a good sign for getting back into proper exercise. I've read a lot of stories where people just didn't want to do anything ab related for months after their appendectomies because it felt horrible and wrong but *touches wood* I have no problems with it. Maybe it's because I had decent abs before surgery? I always thought I had a weak core but I suppose not.