Non-Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Still not that impressive to actual runners BUT.... I was able to finish a mile in 10 minutes 58 seconds today! That is down from my other personal best of 11 minutes and 30 seconds. I am getting closer and closer to a 10 minute mile, which is my end goal for speed. After that, I want to work on endurance :)
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @RMC1995 that is super impressive! Decreasing your mile time is not easy. Congrats on getting closer to your goal!!

I guess my non scale victory this week would have to be just overall portion control, and making smart eating choices. We had a large banquet at work, and I only had potato salad and regular salad and one miniature cupcake. I thought about what the me 3 months ago would have put on my plate.... I would have grabbed at least two cupcakes, one roll of bread, a generous helping of mac n cheese, beans, more potato salad, no regular salad, and probably one more mini cupcake to go back to my desk.

I've been cutting back quite a bit on cheese as well. If i can avoid having it, I do. I notice my stomach doesn't hate me as much and I feel much lighter without it. Even though I miss the taste!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    A pair of white skinny jeans I bought "for summer" a few months ago that never actually fit zipped up last night! I wore them once a month ago but I could barely sit down and my fat spilled over the top of them. Now they fit and are even comfortable!
  • RMC1995
    Options
    @2tall4thisworld Thank you, I love the support! I'm super happy for you as well, managing your portion control and making more modest choices at your banquet. I am always such a sucker for sweets and carbs at things like that as well - have to double up on mac n cheese and cupcakes! It is great to see a fellow MFP'er successfully navigate the table and remind me that I can make those small steps too!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I bought a vintage silk skirt sometime last year and it fit, but I wasn't comfortable in it but I'm wearing it to go out to dinner tonight and I feel like the flamenco dancer/red dress lady emoji. :lol:
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Trying out a new workout tomorrow. I've never done ice skating for exercise...we will see if it works!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Congrats on all the success's this month. My success was enjoying vacation without crazy-braining and still coming home and starting back up day 1. 1st time ever.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Love the victories of consistency and habit @bringbackthejoy and @WallyAmadeus ! Wally, I try to think like you. I don't weigh or measure often. Just want to make exercise and healthy eating a habit that I don't even have to think about. But I like what you said about enjoying it too.
  • RMC1995
    Options
    I was able to wear a semi-crop top today, in public, without being embarrassed or ashamed. I haven't been able to wear this outfit in almost two years! I'm so happy.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    Trained two hours tonight! I probably won't do it again for awhile just because I'm dealing with some scar tissue/muscle pulling on the left side but before surgery I did two hours three times a week (+ 1hr sparring) and I'm hoping to get back to that by the end of the year. I have to be able to do at least 2hrs to grade in November so this is a really good sign for me.

Also didn't completely embarrass myself during the light sparring portion of the class which was amazing. It's one of those things where in I should be good at it in theory but I'm always reluctant to punch people I like in the face.

I definitely agree about shifting focus, @WallyAmadeus. The focus is often far too much on the aesthetic and not so much on how we feel within our bodies. I suppose it's different for me as I live with chronic pain in my joints so my focus has always resided there, but when we really focus on our bodies that's when we learn the most.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I went to my lady doctor today and she asked me (after looking at the charts), Have you been trying to lose weight?

Of course I panicked and was like, Uhh not really, just been working out more lately ... For some reason I am so terrified to admit to people that I am trying to lose a few more pounds. I guess because I'm still pretty small and I don't want people to jump to the eating-disorder conclusion.

But anyways, it still felt really good to have an "outside" person acknowledge my loss!

• RMC1995
    Options
    I was able to get my office on board to order me a standing desk - now I don't have to sit for sooooo long a time. (My commute is an hour, and I take grad school classes where I have no choice but to sit). It's only been one day but already I feel healthier being on my feet while I check emails and do reports.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @RMC1995 A standing desk is the dream! Is it really amazing? I'd still need one that adjusts to being seated because I can't stand for very long periods but I want one. :heart:
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @glassofroses, I have two colleagues with a convertible one. So it's a unit which sits on the desk and can be used as both. Certainly the guy nearest to me will have it up for part of the day, down for other parts.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @rianneonamission Oh, is it a particular make/brand? I need to check this out.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I ran 8 miles yesterday. Longest ever.