Non-Scale Victories!

Options

Replies

• aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today for a party a week on Friday and ended up buying jeans and a top both in a size 6 (US 2). Although they are both definitely vanity sized I'm still taking that as a definite win, 6 months ago I was definitely a 12.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers Thats awesome!!! Take the win!!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    3 dress sizes, that is immense! Well done @aeshippers! And nice work on the body fat drop @bringbackthejoy! Do you mostly do strength training to achieve that?
  • aeshippers
    Options
    Ran for a whole hour today for the first time. I commented to a friend that it wasn't very fast as I just did it at an easy pace, one that feels like you could keep going forever. Then I realised that I now have an easy, could keep going forever, running pace. It wasn't that long ago that all running paces, no matter how slow, were "OMG I'm going to die".
  • aeshippers
    Options
    @bringbackthejoy 17% body fat is awesome, that's like athlete levels
  • RMC1995
    RMC1995 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I panicked a few months ago when I realized that I couldn't really fit into my shorts any more. It turns out that from bad eating and general overall laziness I had gained about 28 pounds in two years! But after 2 months of dieting I can comfortably fit into my short shorts from college again! I am excited to start wearing more and more of my "thin" clothes again and re-expand the options in my closet.
  • RMC1995
    Options
    I wouldn't normally post twice so close together, but I had another non-scale victory! My tiny tiny thigh gap is back! Yay!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I fit back into my shorts today! I had post-op swelling in my abdomen like you would assume for an abdominal surgery :lol: but I was running out of stretchy clothes to wear but I'm deflated enough to wear my own clothes now. Very happy about that. :smiley:

@RMC1995 Congrats on your thigh gap! Was that the plan? There's so much controversy around thigh gaps so I never know what to say about them.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My NSV was that when I went clothes shopping yesterday and found that things look so much better and fit better now that I have lost some weight and toned up.
  • RMC1995
    Options
    @glassofroses it wasn't an explicit goal of mine, but I'm very happy to see its return. I 100% agree that thigh gaps are super controversial, as for many people it is simply impossible to get them due to bone structure and innate anatomy. I think I am one of the few that has wide enough hips that a thigh gap is possible for me. Of course that makes it hell to find jeans that fit me, since I have skinny-ish legs but wiiiide hips, but I'll take what I can get! Now I just need to tone up my outer thighs, and get rid of my belly paunch!
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @RMC1995 Exactly on anatomy. I have wide hips and long legs so it wouldn't make much sense if my thighs touched all the way down to my knees, so they don't. It is the worse when you drop food through the gap though. D: My biggest problem with fit is I apparently have the muscular legs of a power lifter because trying to get them into my normal 4 or 6 is impossible. The Topshop Joni jeans are basically my life for their stretch. It's a shame though because I like a mid rise straight cut but my knees look saggy from being so tiny compared to my quads/calves and sometimes even a belt can't save you from the butt gap. :lol:

@JeepHair77 You're a kickboxer too?! Yes! I love when we get to do elbows and knees because it's pretty rare as you can't use them in competition, same with spinning back fist, but it's always fun to play. I still have 4 weeks until I can get back into training so can I please live vicariously through you? :smiley:

My current NSV is I have now returned to my normal sleeping position of flat on my belly. I know these are really weird and oddly specific things but they're all I've got until I see my doctor and he gives me the go/no go on running/bodyweight exercises. :disappointed:
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    @glassofroses you can totally live vicariously through me, except it will probably be disappointing. I've only ever taken a fitness kickboxing class - never with any contact or aim toward competition. I love the class, and my instructor is actually pretty focused on form, so maybe someday I'll brave enough to do some training with contact.
  • glassofroses
    Options
    @JeepHair77 :lol: I only recently got into light contact sparring because, mainly, I'm a huge chicken and it's required for grading (belts). However, I definitely won't even consider competing until next year just because I had abdominal surgery and I doubt it even then. I just don't have that competitive streak in me. Plus it pays to be the aggressor (attacking not actually aggressive :lol:) in a fight because you can control it that way and I'm incredibly passive/reactive. I do the equivalent of running away the first chance I get. When one of my teacher's taught us punching/kicking while going backwards it was like my life had been made. :lol:

Actually at my dojo we have two types of adult classes: mixed and ladies. Mixed is technique based, and there are men there obviously, and that's where we get into a lot of the grappling, knees and elbows, pivots and fun stuff like 360 roundhouses and tornadoes, whereas the ladies is more cardio fitness orientated but still keeping up with techniques like the axe kick, crescent kick and the 360 sometimes, so don't knock yourself down for doing a fitness kickboxing class. You're still learning the same stuff because at the end of the day everything comes from the basic combinations, just in varying degrees. Even though I've progressed to the mixed classes I still do the ladies ones because they're a lot of fun to just get sweaty in. Actually I lie. They're not fun. Our teachers are taskmasters with no sympathy. :cold_sweat::lol:
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have very few shorts because I only wear them on weekends. But, one pair got ruined in the wash and I needed something more than a denim pair for a 'non work but with work people' event. In May, I bought size 10 (US) shorts and yesterday, everywhere I went I was a solid size 8. When I started this process, I was busting OUT of a 14 (I now realize I didn't fit into them...but just refused to go up a size) and dreamed of my ideal being a size 10...and here I am ... a size 8!! I haven't been this weight or size since I was in college. Even if I stopped where I am now, I am *happy* with my size. I am *comfortable* here. At this weight/size, I can unabashedly do things *with* my kids instead of being the one taking all the pictures while they do things.

I'm struggling to wrap my head around that <3
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Awesome, @pacingoamy !
  • aeshippers
    Options
    So I reached the top of my goal range 2 weeks ago with a big whoosh loss so last week I'd bounced back up a little just over range then had a couple of bad days that took me further over. My NSV is that I haven't panicked or given up but just carried on knowing that the weight will come off again, which it is slowly.