How Much Weight Have You LOST?

Options
heathermora11
heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
Not that anyone needs to stress about it, but for those who are interested or enjoy the accountability, I thought a thread dedicated to losing the baby weight might be fun. It is interesting to see how much people lose initially, how long it takes to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, etc.

Here are my stats so far, my baby is two weeks old tomorrow! We are having a blast :)

pre-pregnancy weight: 114 lbs. total gain at 40 weeks/delivery: +22 lbs. baby weighed 7 lb 6 oz :)
1 day post delivery: -9.5 lbs (12.5 lbs from goal)
1 week pp: -11 lbs (11 lbs from goal)
2 weeks pp: -13 lbs (9 lbs from goal)

I am still figuring out how many calories i need right now. 1400 for me, 500 for exclusively breast feeding? So 1900 total? As for exercise, I got in two good, 30 minute walks, pushing the double stroller. Hoping to make it three or four this next week!
Probably won't start running until at least 4 weeks; stitches are still healing!

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their beautiful babies!

Replies

• freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm just over two weeks post-partum. I was 195 pre-baby and this week I weighed in at 185. Down 10 lbs from my pre-pregancy weight (I credit this to working out right up until I was a week over due). Getting lots of walks in too -- helps calm the baby when he's cranky and it's nice to get out of the house. Eating around 2,000 cals/day. Can't get back to lifting heavy things for a while because of the c-section, so trying to get in what I can.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Pre-preggo:155
    Delivery:225...yikes
    8 months pp: 179
    Still a long way to go, but I've lost about 15 real pounds since the easy stuff fell off so it's still been about 2-3 a month, I'm just impatient sometimes!

I've lost slowly doing 1400 net.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Pre-Pregnant weight: 124
    Delivery weight 39wks5days:158 (+34lbs)
    7months pp: 132
    8lbs away from pregnant weight. Ughhh

Im at 1700-1900cals a day

Edit:LOis still on only breastmilk. No formula, but we have started solids
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I ate at maintenance during my entire pregnancy, upping my weight as I gained which also upped my maintenance calories by about 200 calories over the pregnancy. (From 1500 to 1700 a day).

Pre-pregnancy weight: 125 lbs. (I am 5'6")
    40 weeks/delivery: 147 lbs. (+22 lbs.)

My baby weighed a healthy and hard to deliver 9 lb; he was sunny side up unfortunately but I was able to birth him naturally with no epi (the midwife kept telling me not to push to try to get the baby to turn around and get one side of my cervix to dilate completely for about 2 hours.. then she said I need an epi because of my urge to push and to try to get the baby to turn. When she left for one contraction to fill out paperwork for the epi I pushed as hard as I could (with nobody telling me not to push!) and he came out lol). I had no rips or tears, so grateful! I wish I didn't have someone telling me not to push because I know he could have been born 2 hours earlier without me suffering through 2 hours of transition hell without being able to push. Grr. The other midwife had left also to get the epi guy.. when she came back with him the baby was here. They were really puzzled trying to fill in the paperwork after wondering when I had dilated from 8cm to full, (I went from 6-8 in one contraction then stalled because the baby's head wasn't fully engaged because of his sunny side up position). I just had to push to engage that head and it dilated right then and there.

1 week pp: 132 lbs. -15 lbs (7 lbs from goal)
    2 weeks pp: 122 lbs -25 lbs (-3lb from starting weight)

My belly looks like jello though :) I can't wait to start working out and firm things back up. I am still eating at maintenance currently but only because I'm sleeping such strange patterns.. I'm only getting 2 meals in a day currently. I am hoping that once the baby starts going longer stretches between feedings (currently 2 hours, except for a 4 hour stretch at night) I will get up earlier and get breakfast again! My plan is to just eat whatever I want, log it and monitor my weight, and keep it around 125 lb.

Do any of you guys have horrible night sweats? I know tmi, but I am sooo hot at night and cold at the same time, so I end up really sweaty. I think a lot of my weight loss had been water loss at night. I must have been holding on to a lot of water because my limbs are way thinner now and don't look swollen anymore.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Chickybuns, I've got you beat!!! I'm not sure why I sound so proud of that...

Here goes... And mind you I'd lost 82 lbs after my first baby (101 if you count the immediate postpartum weight loss), which makes this really sad:

Lowest weight: 153.8
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 160-170 (I didn't bother weighing)
    9 months pregnant weight: 240
    Baby born 39w4d, 8lbs 4oz
    Lost 20 lbs in first 2-2.5 weeks
    Lost another 13 since early June
    So baby is 2.5 months old (11.5 weeks), and I weigh 207.2

Ugh.

Eating 2000, EBFing. I did 1800 and stalled, then 2200 and stalled, we shall see how long 2000 works. Baby does not like being put down, so working out has been nearly impossible :( plus I live where it's a million degrees and humid (last night's low was 80), so walking outside, even early in the morning is miserable.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Also, you'll have night sweats for a while until your hormones go back to normal. If you're nursing it will take longer!
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 130 lbs...I am 5'7.5"
    Delivery day weight: 152 lbs, (22 lb gain, and baby was 8 lbs 2 oz)
    3 days after delivery: 153 lbs!...I had horrible swelling from the epidural and iv pain meds so I came home a pound heavier and with giant legs!
    2 weeks post partum: 136 lbs
    5 week check up: 133 lbs
    3 months post partum and back to 130 and to running/working out regularly....so I am maintaining with 2,500 to 3,000 calories a day (I am bfeeding an 18 lb 3 monther!)

I would like to lose another 5 lbs but am trying to do it slowly....
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 130 lbs...I am 5'7.5"
    Delivery day weight: 152 lbs, (22 lb gain, and baby was 8 lbs 2 oz)
    3 days after delivery: 153 lbs!...I had horrible swelling from the epidural and iv pain meds so I came home a pound heavier and with giant legs!
    2 weeks post partum: 136 lbs
    5 week check up: 133 lbs
    3 months post partum and back to 130 and to running/working out regularly....so I am maintaining with 2,500 to 3,000 calories a day (I am bfeeding an 18 lb 3 monther!)

I would like to lose another 5 lbs but am trying to do it slowly....

You're a brave lady, weighing yourself 3 days after delivery with the swelling. I was on fluids and had a spinal for the c-section and I was SO swollen. I felt absolutely gigantic -- there was no way I was weighing in until that went down!
  • JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pre-Pregnancy weight: 180
    Delivery weight 41wks: 197 (+17lbs)
    5 days PP (day i went home): 186
    1 month PP: 176
    7 months pp: 154
    19lbs away from my ultimate goal weight :)

Im at 1300-1400cals a day
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I feel it's important to add in my 2 cents, because I, unlike several of you, haven't been as lucky with it melting off:( Congrats, to those who have- that's awesome!!!

With my first pregnancy, I gained 40 lbs and was determined to do better this time around. It took me about 2 years to get the full 40 lbs off after our first daughter was born. With my most recent pregnancy, I was 140 when I got pregnant (I'm 5' 5") and I only gained 30. That was eating maintenance, and working out the ENTIRE pregnancy. Baby was 6 lbs 15 oz, and about 2 weeks PP I'd lost 20 lbs total.

HOWEVER, the last 10 lbs. did NOT want to come off (again). I've worked out 3-4 times a week since I was cleared, messed with my calories a bit (upped them, lowered them, tried to find that "magic number"), and have been EBFing. Just recently, at 9 months PP, I FINALLY saw my PP weight...of course, I'm up a couple pounds since then with vacations and such.

I just wanted to add this in because I know there's many of us who have done everything "right", and our bodies just don't want to give up that weight. Perseverance pays off though!! Keep it up, ladies:)
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 158
    Delivery weight: 181 (+23 pounds)
    3 weeks postpartum: 172

I had lost 10 pounds (nearly 8 of that was baby) but managed to find one of those again. On day 3 of tracking and ready to get rid of this last 14 pounds. Or maybe 10 since I'm sure 4 of those are in my boobs. I'm eating 1650 calories to lose .5 pound a week
    plus 400 for breastfeeding. I'm not doing much exercise so trying not to eat those back.

Anyway I'm impressed with everyone's weight lose successes!
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @jilsie11 : I think a lot of us are in the same boat. Those last 10 lbs! Man! But I bet we can all do it :) it may just take time and hard work (go figure!)

@kelly : LOVE the "managed to find one of those again" comment! Me too!!! Lol, that's the only reason I'm tracking and such right now... to keep those poulds from mysteriously reappearing! Glad to know I'm not the only one with this struggle! :)

Sounds like everyone is working on finding the right balance of calories, rest, exersizing, breastfeeding, etc. Be sure to let us know if/when you find what is working well for you!

I have three walks planned this week, each with another mommy friend. Can't skip the "workout" if someone else is coming with!
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight with my son (born March 2012) I was about 162 lbs at 5 ft 2. At delivery I weighed about 187 so up 25 lbs from starting weight and about 35 from my lowest weight during the pregnancy (lost 10lbs in the first trimester). Two days postpartum i weighed 174 lbs. Between diet, exercise and exclusively breastfeeding I was down to 120 lbs at around 7 months postpartum, so 67 lbs from my highest weight (delivery). I have never been such a small size in my life. I went from a size 12-14 to a size 2-4. Then when my son was around 13 months old I got pregnant again (baby #3 for me since I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter as well) and this time i started off at 125 lbs. I am now 17 weeks pregnant and i am up about 10-11 lbs. I hope not to gain too much this time around. Good Luck to all you Mommies.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Pre Pregnancy - 215

Delivery - 245

4 weeks post partum - 213.2
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I took a short break from mfp to clear my head of scale obsession. I think I can handle it again now. :)
    Prepregnancy: 115 lbs (5'3")
    Day of delivery: 140 lbs
    I am 7 1/2 weeks pp and have been stuck at 122 for almost 4 weeks now. I am a bit frustrated. My prepregnancy clothes fit, but not quite the same way. I absolutely have no idea what to set my calories at. I was adding 500, but I started to gain even though I am ebf. So I dropped it to 300 and found myself overeating at night b/c I was hungry. I tried not tracking, but I wasn't very good at it. :). I did have to delete my friends b/c I was getting too wrapped in comparing myself to them-sorry about that. Anyway, I think I'm going to keep logging but stop trying to meet a certain calorie goal. I'm going to eat when i'm hungry- imagine that.
    I'm on workout 6 of NROLFW and I've been doing the 30 DS 3 days a week. The heavy lifting has made my legs look awesome! But, I admit that I think my arms are looking a bit bulky- don't tell the mfp community though, they may shun me. ;).
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Lowest weight: 145-150 (fluctuated between the two)
    Pre-preggo:150
    Delivery: 215ish - I stopped weighing lol
    2-months pp: 170
    6-months pp: 160
    I had to go back to work at the 2-month mark so the remaining weight has been slow going with trying to figure out my schedules between work and home, not to mention the last bit won't go away and I'm thinking it won't until I'm done BF. She's out-eaten my supply since around 4-months old so she gets 10-12 ounces per day of formula to supplement what I give her and we'll be starting solids soon. I think she's excited about that because she tries to chew her bottle nipples like it's food lol.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Pre-preg: 139 (5'9")
    40w + 3d : 175 ( + 36)
    2 months PP : 154
    6.5 months PP : 139
    7.5 months PP : 134.5 (lowest weight since high school)

I'm now a little over 9 months PP and hovering around 134-135, although I was just on vacation and have a couple of extra pounds hanging around. Too many ice creams and dinner dates!

I agree with Jillsie, I found it hard to find that "magic number" to lose the baby weight. Pre-pregnancy I lost weight very easily using MFP. Those last 15 lbs of baby weight were a challenge and took 4.5 months of busting my @ss at the gym, and trying everything possible with my calorie intake. Some weeks I'd lose 2 lbs, then nothing for a few weeks.
  • LUreda
    LUreda Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    180 - pre-pregnancy
    235 (ish) - at 41 weeks/delivery
    199 - 2 weeks pp
    206 - 6 weeks pp
    203 - last week

It was difficult going back to work & staying healthy. I actually gained weight...but, I wasn't really trying not to. After a few months I decided to get on MFP & really tackle the weight! I'm looking forward to seeing the scale tip under 200, and my goal is to reach 160. I was not happy with my weight pre-pregnancy, and I'm committed to modeling a healthy lifestyle for my little girl. I love to exercise & cook.

Feel free to friend me!
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love that I can openly talk about my weight on here,this would never happen in real life ;)

165-pre pregnancy(170 at time of conception)
    207-at 40 weeks(September 2012)
    187-2 weeks pp
    175- current weight

I had my daughter 11 months ago and the last 5lbs are hanging on for dear life. I am EBF and she is now on solids but my supply is sucking. I should really up my calories to 2000 plus but as of right now i fluctuate between 1600-1900. This is also my second pregnancy and I'm 33; I think that has a lot to do with it. Not to mention I haven't been super active until recently. With my first child it took a total of a year to lose all my baby weight,plus some. I know in time it will all come off,im not too worried. ;)
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I was actually afraid to look at this discussion thread for fear of what it might do to my mental state. Anyway, here are my stats:

Height: 5'9"

Pre-pregnancy: 150
    Delivery at 41 weeks: 195
    Two-weeks PP: 175

Now my son is 7 months old. I am EBFing, trying to lose weight by watching what I eat and exercising. But, so far, not much of a loss since the initial drop in water weight. (Last I weighed myself I was 169.8, which was exciting to me, because I'd just been going back and forth between 170-175. I was like, "Hell yeah, a new digit!") I find that when I restrict calories, my supply drops, and honestly, being able to breastfeed my son is more important to me than weight loss at this point.

I'm trying to be upbeat about all the good things I've been doing for my health and the health of my son over the past 7 months. That said, it sure is disheartening to see next to no reflection of it on the scale. Lately I've been thinking I should stop weighing myself as frequently as I have been and reduce it to just once a month.

And, oh yeah, good luck to all my women in the struggle! :-)