Starting INSANITY on July the 30th. Buddies? :)

Options

Replies

• frenchie2727
    frenchie2727 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with the fit test tomorrow morning at 5am!!! I did P90X for about a month a few years ago and went to start again and can't find the DVD's. Uggh, that kind of thing drives me crazy and I know they'll turn up somewhere weird...in the meantime I decided to try Insanity. I'm kinda scared but really motivated to get rid of the chub :)
  • belle227
    belle227 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm going to start insanity tomorrow. I'm looking to lose about 30lbs. I know this is going to be hard. This is the first time that I will be doing insanity. Looking for support. Hey, all of us are going to be great that this!
  • Moosaj
    Moosaj Posts: 5
    Options
    I started Insanity Yesterday :D The only thing pushing me is knowing that if I keep it up, Grad next year will be great :P So feel free to add me, let's keep each other moving!!
  • littleflygirl
    Options
    Hello!!

I just did my first fit test today! I had previously done 2 rounds of P90X - one classic, one lean. (I had/have a lot of weight to work through... ) I was able to get through the fit test no problem. My results came somewhere between the guy and girl's first workout results. On some, I beat his current score. Not too shabby for a first try.

I will, say though, a few minutes later, I was definitely feeling the little sneak of ice cream I took last night. :( I had been warned, but I figured... it's not that much. It won't matter...

I was wrong!

EVERYTHING COUNTS! lol

For anyone starting, stay focused on those good meals! NO CHEATING! It WILL get you!

But it's totally worth it! I really that as tough as this workout is, it may be exactly what I need to whip me into shape by rounding out those final 'slacker' tendencies that I still have. (My inner foodie is stubborn.. lol)

I would love to add some of you all to my support group. I can't wait to see all of our results! I took pics yesterday and I can't wait to take more in 30 days.

I've got a wedding happening next May and I want to be the best version of myself for me, my future husband and my family. I can't wait!

DIG DEEPER folks!!!

Christina
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Got to take before and after pics to get that free Insanity T-Shirt! Read the paper if you and the want it because it want's pictures of you and the products in the box etc. I'm earning that shirt so I will have all the required pics LOL
  • beckysmithfitness
    beckysmithfitness Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just did the Fit test this morning and that was a rude awakening! I am hoping that I'll be able to stick this out for the full 60 days, but it will be tough. The only time that I have to do these videos is at 5am before my 6 month old wakes up and this mama is NOT a morning person. Hopefully I'll get used to it though. Here's to looking ripped in 60 days! (or at least a little bit more toned). Good luck everyone!
  • LoriWil5
    LoriWil5 Posts: 5
    Options
    OK I did the fit test today and afterwards I so had to throw up. I hope that is normal. I did pretty good for not having exercised in a long time. I just hope I can stick with this and lose all the weight I need to. Husband and I are going to take a second honeymoon next year and I want to look good for that.
  • frenchie2727
    Options
    Fit test wasn't as bad this morning as I thought it would be, I took other people's advice and faced sideways so that I couldn't see what speed the guy and the girl were going at. Becky, I'm with you on the 5am workout time! I absolutely hate it but it's the best time for me to get to do it b/c evenings are too busy with my daughter. Plus I feel like I have the whole day's food sitting in my stomach like a lead brick.

I'm really nervous about tomorrow though!! I can see how everyone says this is a mental/mind workout, because even after the fit test today I had a really cool feeling of accomplishment.

Edited to add: My HRM said I burned 228 cals in the fit test, that's on par with Jillian circuit training videos I've done in about the same amount of time...that seems to be my body's pushing point at 5am.
  • SunshineRosales
    Options
    I did the first workout today, Plyometric Cardio? Yup, I got through all 40 min but ouch. hahaha ;) I'm pretty excited!
  • Sarahmi7
    Sarahmi7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am starting Insanity today! Very excited, can't wait to start seeing results. Have a lot to lose but I am finally feeling motivated!
  • AngieVane
    AngieVane Posts: 16
    Options
    Fit test DONE!

After finishing it I was lying on the floor for whole 15 min but after taking a shower, when my mind and body finally connected lol, I felt so proud of myself! During fit test I was literally feeling like I am going to die, but just when I wanted to lie down and surrender my soul to God, it was over, what a bummer :happy:

Are we ready for day 2?

Eat clean and dig deep people, WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Moosaj
    Moosaj Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey guys =) I'm a few days ahead; on my third day today... All I can say is, this workout is INSANE XD Sean T really knew what he was doing man. Just keep pushing play, no matter how sore you get. And shy away from eating too many goodies :P I can't wait to see our results.

We can do this!
  • jaime624
    jaime624 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just completed the Fit Test. Needless to say I "did it". Have not worked out in about 3 years. I should have done it first thing this morning instead of after a long day of work and caring for a very active 2 year old! But I pushed through. Was not able to do most of the floor exercises BUT you have to start somewhere right?! :smile:
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I started today! I normally strength. I get my cardio from playing sports. I just wanted to see if I could make it all the way through without quitting.
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started last week but would love some others doing Insanity. I am doing the Asylum after coming off of Jillian Michael's Total Body. This definitely kicks it up a notch or eight, but I am loving the burn. Feel free to friend me, especially if you are doing Asylum.
  • purplerose7
    Options
    You will improve so much on your next Fit Test. I was shocked at how much improvement I made. Keep with it! :0)
  • frenchie2727
    Options
    Day 2, Plyo Cardio Circuit...I was really proud of myself this morning because my alarm went off at 5am, I closed my eyes for a minute then woke up at 5:40. I started to say forget it, I don't have enough time, I'll do it after work. But then I remembered how I feel after work and decided I could cut corners somewhere else in my morning getting ready routine.

So I got up and did it! Holy crap. I was doing ok until we got to the level 1 drills, my heart rate was so high it was hard to be in push up position. I just kept telling myself to just do what I could and that I would get better.

Yay for all of us!!
  • AngieVane
    AngieVane Posts: 16
    Options
    Plyo Cardio Circuit DONE!

Oh boy, that dying feeling is not going away :D
    I really pushed myself today, my breaks were 15-30 seconds longer then their tho. As a reward for succesfully done workout I let myself lying on the floor 5 minutes longer than yesterday, just to get some strenght back in my face so that my facial muscles put back smile on my face :D

I am so happy to see how hard all of you in this group are working out, keep on writing and sharing your experience, we are here to help each other as much as we can :)

Stay focused, we got one more day down people, get ready for tomorrow!
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh God! Only did plyo today, 'cause I had some problems yesterday... :/

But this morning I got the plyo down, an upside down stand and I have a workout ready to do with my two boys later this afternoon...
    The boys saw me doing the stand on my hands adn were like - Nope, you're dangerous, we're not doing the workout with you!

Well, I'm thinking of starting them on crossfit. Think of how afraid they'll feel then!
  • Chamhinkle
    Chamhinkle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Week one is done

I'm already seeing a little improvement in my performance in the workouts. The hardest just as a warning for you guys if you are like me is the pure cardio. That one got me. I have already lost 5 pounds and I'm not overweight according to my BMI. Looking forward to my next fitness test!

Congrats to everyone for doing so well. I'm very happy for all of you.

go USA!