Starting INSANITY on July the 30th. Buddies? :)

Options
Hi Insaners!

I watched all videos of month 1 and after first reaction (which cannot be put in words lol) I decided to give it a shot, so this week I am using to prepare my mind for 60 insane days starting this Monday. I can tell it will take a lot of effort to go through, it will be tough, but I am sure that if we encourage eachother on daily basis, it will be much easier.

Together we are stronger so let's do this !!!

Replies

• CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, you can add me. I feel invigorated to say the least. :flowerforyou:
  • Formychildren12
    Options
    I'm also starting on the 30th :) a lil nervous but excited! Trying to lose some weight before my hubby gets back from deployment... Ok I lied, trying to lose a lot of weight :(
  • AngieVane
    AngieVane Posts: 16
    Options
    @CurlDiva: Awesome! :smile: How did your fit test go?

@Formychildren: When is your hubby coming back? We have plenty of time, this challenge is (hopefully) just the beginning of our fit tour cause its about time to get bodies we want, deserve and work for!
  • CurlDiva
    Options
    Angie- It was tough toward the end. Your heart rate is up fast. i transitioned from doing another workout so I was already plenty sore when I started. My advice is drink a protein shake 1/2 hour before and plenty of water the day before and of. Then drink another shake the meal following your workout for faster muscle recovery. My fittest numbers and journal are posted in my blog if you are interested. Cannot wait to hear your experience!
  • Formychildren12
    Options
    Angie~ the hubby comes home in about 5 months. I'm hoping to do 2 rounds of insanity before he comes home. I'd like to lose like 50-60 lbs total, not sure if that's possible in 5 months!
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity right now. I finish August 6th, but I plan on starting again August 8th. Feel free to add me. :)
  • AngieVane
    Options
    @CurlDiva: Are you doing hybrid, something else with insanity?
    Yes, I am definitely including shakes in my food from Monday. I can't wait to share my impressions! :smile:

@Formychildren: Are you sure you want to lose that much? What is your current weight?
    Everything is possible, it just depends on how determined you are :smile:

@nixerific: Congratulations! Are you satisfied with your results?
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I may start tonight or start this weekend (not sure yet...strained a muscle and trying to rest it a bit).
  • Christie3003
    Christie3003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I started Insanity this past Sunday drop the weight I gained during college and let me tell you, it is definitely tough! I unfortunately had to skip a day due to having to move, but I plan to just do that DVD on my off day this week. I do feel like I am getting better and better every day as I am doing it. I have had to pause quite a bit during the workouts right now to catch my breath, but make sure I get right back at it in a few seconds. Let's hope the pausing will get less and less as I go along! I am not as sore as I thought I'd be which was surprising but I guess I kept a lot of my muscle from playing sports. I am happy to have a support group for all those times I feel like quitting. It's gonna be a tough two months but we can do it!!

Is anyone taking before and after pics? I haven't taken any yet but I've heard it's the best way to track results.
  • CurlDiva
    Options
    Angie the first week I only did INSANITY as I didn't know what to expect but today my DH went out and bought a family gym membership sooo....I may incorporate something else to increase flexibility. With the membership you get a personal traininer. Now I have two Shaun T and Tiffany.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting on Monday too. Add me if you like! :smile:
  • AngieVane
    Options
    @Christie3003: Awesome job, don't give up, in just 2 days I'll feel your pain - literally :happy:
    Before and After pics are a must!
    Also, you should measure yourself and write it down so that you can compare it at the end of this beautiful 60 day trip :happy:

@CurlDiva: That's awesome Curly, I am sure your results are going to be amaaazing!
    How do you feel, are you tired or supercharged?
  • Chamhinkle
    Chamhinkle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey fit people,

I just started a couple days ago but I'm in. Good luck everyone.
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    I started June 11th, but I'm around for motivation! :-) I'm not doing the program to lose weight; rather, doing it because I want to get healthy and finally get an exercise routine going. Feel free to add. :-)
  • SilverLuma
    SilverLuma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm available for support! I am in the middle of week 3 and I plan on doing month 1 twice before moving on to month 2.
  • AngieVane
    Options
    @hellotherecup & @cmc6321: Tnx, I will need all the support I can get :smile:
    Your profile pictures are really helpful, I will definitely iron my will :happy:
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    So I started today and I am so disappointed with my fit test results. I know I have plenty of room to improve, but I still expected to do better :(
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    @hellotherecup & @cmc6321: Tnx, I will need all the support I can get :smile:
    Your profile pictures are really helpful, I will definitely iron my will :happy:

;-)

xxnellie146xx: it's just the first one. You'll get better, I promise!
  • AngieVane
    Options
    @xxnellie146xx: There is no room for disappointment and sad smileys here, you should be proud of yourself! You started, now just keep pushing play!
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys,
    I'm in. I'm starting tomorrow too.

Just finished the body revolution program and am ready for Shaun T... I think :p

Please do add me. I'm sure I'll need the encouragement.
    The hubbie is joining me on the workouts, so, we'll see how it goes...