Daily check in

Options

Replies

• sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 8, level 2. Took yesterday off. After my bike ride, my legs refused to shred!! :) Happy shredding, ladies~
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 complete... I may move on to Level 2 tomorrow... Any input?? Thanks :-)

At the beginning of her video, she says to move on when you feel ready. I moved on at day 6 because the workout was beginning to feel easy. I want to get the most for my 30 days. Level 2 is much more challenging, at least for me.
  • sweetbippy
    Options
    Tip for everyone, do not go cycling uphill for 30 minutes and then do 30DS, not a good combination! Got through it but thought I was going to die:noway:

One more day of level 1 and I am moving on to level 2, have to change the routine....:heart:

I feel ya X2- First off- yea- what she said- do not do a mountain of cardio and then shred- oy vey that hurt this weekend.
    And- Im losing motivation I hate to admit. I have a DVD or 2 that I swear is better then Shred, (same circuit concept) plus 10 days not switching up is way too boring.

I really really wanted to do THIRTY DAYS- 10 each level, but I better move on to lvl 2 or else I may quit out due to how bored I am. I wouldnt quit working out of course- I just wanted to see/feel more by day 8. :ohwell:

I'm not sure where the 10 day, switch came from. She says at the beginning of her video to switch when you feel ready. I agree. I was ready at day 6. Level 2 is harder, for me. I'd love to know what video you are referring to. I'm always looking for a new one. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Day 7 level 1. A little tough this morning because I was tired and had a slight headache but I worked through it. This has been my problem in the past - but I really hope it was a regular tired day and not part of my Thyriod - Adrenal Fatigue.

Hope you have a happy healthy day!!!
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    measured today being my last on lv.1 ...... WAS NOW

chest- 43 43

waist- 38 36

hips- 51 49

thigh,rt-23 22

thigh,lft-24 22

upper arms,rt +lft- 14 12

YAY:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    measured today being my last on lv.1 ...... WAS NOW

chest- 43 43

waist- 38 36

hips- 51 49

thigh,rt-23 22

thigh,lft-24 22

upper arms,rt +lft- 14 12

YAY:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Great results!!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done... If we are not suppose to switch until its easy, I think I'll be on level 1 the whole time!!! I'm still struggling through half the cardio and abs!!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Was bored and sore from doing 8 days of lvl 1 plus additional cardio on the weekend - SO - I took a rest day and skipped to Lvl 2 today. I like it much better. If I get bored I will move on to 3- but will try real hard to do at least 8 days, possible rest day or not depending on how I feel.

Sticking as best I can ...
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Last day of level 1. Going to do day 10 an hour or so after dinner. I took measurements yesterday.

I am down 4.5 inches. 0.5" off my arms, 2 off my belly(not waist) and 2 off my hips.

However, I gained a pound. But I had also upped my calories as 1200 was not cutting it, now set for 1470 and eating at least half of my exercise calories back.
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    Just finished Day 10 of Level 1! My ankles are absolutely killing me... and not in a good way. I think I am going to take tomorrow off. I'm not scheduled to run until Friday, and since I've just finished Day 10, I think it's a good time to take a day off. I'm too tired to measure today, so I'm going to go soak in a hot bath and hope that eases the tension on my aching ligaments.

I'm NOT going to let one day off turn into 10, but I need to listen to my body and it's telling me I need to rest.

Edit: I did end up measuring. I've lost 6 inches overall, but I forgot to weigh myself. I won't see a scale again until Monday, so I'll just have to see what the difference is then.
  • newmooon56
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm not sure where the 10 day, switch came from. She says at the beginning of her video to switch when you feel ready. I agree. I was ready at day 6. Level 2 is harder, for me. I'd love to know what video you are referring to. I'm always looking for a new one. Thanks for sharing. :)
    [/quote]

I guess switching every 10 days was my assumption- tho - when I do something I obsess a little and it seems to be the 'word' when looking at reviews of this work out and such. Im gonna be honest- I jumped on the Shred band wagon because it gets a great rap on these boards, and I love circuit training. However- Im not as impressed as Id hoped. I had been running 2-4 miles a day or doing zumba 1 or 2 x a week and doing light circuit training. I experienced no pain or set back. With Shred I now have pain in a few places that is not passing. So many ppl love it I hate to bash it- its probably just me- but yea.. not a huge fan. Diggin lvl 2 and want to try 3- so I will stick a few more day or a week with each then Im moving on to something new.

The video I loved and did 10 days of but then went to Shred is called "10 days to a better body" the trainer is Cindy Whitmarsh. I was googling around one day for circuit exercises and came across the review for it on Amazon. Since its nothing hot or current I snagged it for $5 - Im sure its about that now still. She mixes cardio and strength and does all abs at the end if I remember correctly. You can always see what others say on amazon and for a few bucks its a decent add to anyone's DVD workout collection imo.
    Also - Rock Body on youtube- find them on Facebook and follow them for new vids- GREAT explosive 20 minute work outs that dont hurt me. I want to jump and fire my muscles- something about JM's routine is not making my body happy.
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Level 1, Day 10 done... I'm gonna start Level 2 tomorrow
  • SumittraB
    SumittraB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Level 1 Done
  • asdandme
    asdandme Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Day 10 lv.1 done!!!!:bigsmile: scared about tomorrows lv.2 sure she'll kick my butt:tongue: if I keep losing inches its worth it:smile: thought the weight would come off alittle faster:grumble: guess I'm just greedy lol
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to check in. Day 8, level 1 done on Tuesday. Took it easy yesterday and just did the arm exercises and marched through the cardio because I've managed to aggravate an old muscle injury in my left thigh and need to give it a chance to recoup. Knew squats were bad for me!! I'm taking it easy again today but plan on getting back to it tomorrow (Friday) but will take the squats a little easier to make sure my leg holds up.

I am pleased to report that my pushups are improving nicely!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Day 10 lv.1 done!!!!:bigsmile: scared about tomorrows lv.2 sure she'll kick my butt:tongue: if I keep losing inches its worth it:smile: thought the weight would come off alittle faster:grumble: guess I'm just greedy lol

Hang in there, have confidence that Jillian has you whipped into shape and you can handle level 2. I agree that weight could move faster while doing shred, but I'm happy w/ inches. Last time I did Shred I only managed a couple of pounds, but many inches.
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So Day one of level 2 kicked my *kitten*. It is a challenge but I like a good challenge. At the moment all of the routines are hard for me. I feel it in my legs a lot. I wore my HRM and it was a slightly more calorie burn, I will wear it again tomorrow just to confirm.

Also, I had my husband watch me do a real push up and he said I am not completely doing it correcting, apparently I am not lowering all of my body--which I don't quite get but--I am not giving up, I am at least able to lower my body weight and push up a few times so I will keep at it until I get it right. Practice makes perfect.

Any tips for push ups?
  • Tonya0809
    Tonya0809 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Level 2 kicked my butt as well,but I am glad I have a challenge! I was getting a little bored with level 1. I am not 100% sure that I am doing the push ups correctly either!
  • newmooon56
    Options
    So Day one of level 2 kicked my *kitten*. It is a challenge but I like a good challenge. At the moment all of the routines are hard for me. I feel it in my legs a lot. I wore my HRM and it was a slightly more calorie burn, I will wear it again tomorrow just to confirm.

Also, I had my husband watch me do a real push up and he said I am not completely doing it correcting, apparently I am not lowering all of my body--which I don't quite get but--I am not giving up, I am at least able to lower my body weight and push up a few times so I will keep at it until I get it right. Practice makes perfect.

Any tips for push ups?

Best tip I have is- have your husband "spot" you. He should place his hands on the parts of your back or body that is not lowering or whatever is the prob and you should "listen'' to the direction and drop the part of your body that is not in line. Also plank a few times- on your hands, not elbows and feel what a straight line is. My guess would be you drop from butt down but dont go full range with your arms- its the harder part. Work on keeping your back straight and make sure you feel perfectly straight thru it all. As JM says - you're only cheating yourself by not doing a full move.
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :sick: Day 11, Level 2 done..... whew.... all those plank exercises are killer and OMG, those V-fly's!!!!!! I keep reminding myself that Level 1 got easier after a while, so will Level 2.