Ad Libitum April Challenge

Options

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Awesome, @Dragonwolf - For myself I also took an axe to the Goal and Remaining rows at the bottom, which always bugged me.
    body#food-diary.body-header div#wrap div#content div#main div.food_container table.table0 tbody tr.total.remaining, body#food-diary.body-header div#wrap div#content div#main div.food_container table.table0 tbody tr.total.alt {display: none;}

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You crazy programer you!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about giving up tracking lately, so this is perfect timing.

Count me in.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Is the stylesheet empty to start with? If not, do we put this above any other content?
    And - do we just delete this same text afterwards to get the calories to show again?

If you're using Stylish, it will be. The Internet Explorer one might not be.

You can just put it at the end of any content that's already there, and yes, if you
    want that information back at the end of the challenge, just delete it and it will return. :)
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This will support what I've been trying to do lately, so yes...I'm in, too!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Dragonwolf I speak HTML but barely dabbled in CSS.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I won't be logging anything at all, so putting this here for the start.

Starting weight for me: 250.8

I will be more careful than I have been lately to add up carbs during the day. I don't change my diet around a lot and have been doing this for over a year, so I am 90% sure that isn't a problem, but its never a bad idea to doublecheck to make sure no carb creep is happening.

Carb goal is 20g/day net carbs.

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Leaving town in about an hour, so I'll log my weight before the trip: 196.6.
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Okay you guys are way more computer savvy than little ol me. I'll just ignore the calories like I usually do. :o I don't log everything anyway, only things that I think contain carbs.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Me too please! I'm pretty much like RATSMITH. Haven't been counting for a bout a week and this is the first week in 4 that I haven't lost anything :( I'm wondering if it is that PSIS or whatever... the thing people say is a regualr stall at the beginning. Scale said 208 yesterday but I think I was dehydrated. Today I`m back to 212 :( boo.

Glad we have so many on board here. I`m curious to see the results with so many!

What is that saying or ... N=1?
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Awesome to see such positive response to this!

I've taken the liberty of finding the CSS that controls the calorie column and the big calorie thing on the user home page and set them so they hide. The result is that you can have your other columns, and still log for purposes of carbs, and not see calories, and you don't get the giant calorie thing staring you in the face every day.

I did this. It was actually a bit scary. :D I did it anyway.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    So far as I know I'm the closest participant to the International Dateline so here are my start figures at 9:30am Wednesday morning...

Weight 84.6 kgs (Which is a false high for completely unknown reasons. I'd been trending downwards steadily around 84.3.)
    Carb max goal 15 grams but happy with anything under that.
    And I've blocked Calories from showing using Dragonwolf's CSS
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Oh Sajyana, you're the closest to the International Dateline, I didn't realise you were taking part. Yes, it is scary not to see the Calories isn't it? I'm glad they're hidden or I would look at them though ;) What are your starting figures - weight, carb goal...?
  • Sajyana
    Options
    :) Yes, only NZ'ers are closer. We're already half way through Day 1.

Goat started a separate thread for check-ins.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    I decided that instead of stressing about carbs on my holiday I'll just not eat them at all. It will be easier. I can buy food and cook while at my sister's and I know how to order a steak when we go out. ;)
  • ibetty55
    ibetty55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I stopped logging and counting two weeks ago so I'm good to go with a weight challenge!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Crap. I'll try and start the next thread earlier in the day, so it's up before anyone is waiting for it. LOL, I tried.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Crap. I'll try and start the next thread earlier in the day, so it's up before anyone is waiting for it. LOL, I tried.

It's fine. :) The thread was there when I logged in this morning.

• Sajyana
    Options
    Decision:

I'm going to stop tracking. It's been nearly 5 months. I'm going to trust that I have a handle on this now and not track anything at all.

• yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GREAT experiment! I know I am not ready for this level of commitment yet, but very interested in learning from all of your experiences. <3
This discussion has been closed.