Why am I not losing....Wednesday?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Am I super ultra mega conceited for continually looking at my own comparison photos. >:)

If you are, then I am too!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Hehe it's funny like I can't actually believe I've changed that much, I never even realized how big I was. It's almost too bad I dont have a photo of me before I started. I literally can't wait for another month to pass to see how much more I change.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    There's no conceit in either of your pictures! The success that shines through them is amazingly fantastic! Can't wait to see more!!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    :) thanks karlottap. I can't wait to see sunny after month of planking too :)

I'd love to see more people's photos too!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @auntstephie321 @Sunny_Bunny_ You're both amazing and I can definitely see differences in the pictures. Thank you for posting, it's very inspiring. I can't imagine being where you are now. Except that I had a tiny waist, you both are thinner than I was at 15!

I have so far lost one third of my initial weight (Sept '14, 315lb) but most of that was during the first year. Since then it's been very slow. I'm still way too big and don't feel comfortable taking pictures, even less posting them. So I am very grateful to all those that have the courage I lack because those photos really do help me keep on track.

I keep saying to myself that I have to trust my body, that such a big loss needs adjustment bla-bla-bla. I know the theory, I know good stuff is happening where I can't see it and have the lab results to prove it (and 95 fasting blood glucose today, no meds!), but STILL I want the numbers on the scale to go down. Pathetic, I know. So, a big, big THANK YOU for showing that it can be done!

::flowerforyou::
  • auntstephie321
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @KetoGirl83 it feels so good to know these photos help you. I know how you feel about photos, I didn't even want to take these especially the originals, I'm glad I did though as it really helps me see the changes happening even when the scale had gone up. Trust in the process it takes time but it works. Here's a pic of me at my heaviest, I actually wish I had other pictures showing me at that size to compare to. Even if you don't show them to anyone, take them it helps so much when you think nothing is changing

Eta: photo, this picture actually makes me feel nauseas :(
    4yf3tbcm7q16.jpg
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @KetoGirl83 you are doing so well! Congrats on the awesome fasting bg and getting off the meds, that's a huge victory!
    That darn scale haunts us all! We have been taught to focus on that number our whole lives. I've been unhappy with it every day for the past 5 months not realizing what was happening physically all along. I've been battling my weight for years and I never took these kind of body pics until this attempt at losing. But I have this collection of me from over the years that's very representative of my yo yo history. It was hard to find any pic of me some years and there's one year missing because I couldn't find one...

7a16at15v2v9.jpeg
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ those 5/2015 and 8/2015 with 24lb in 3 months look unbelievable. Fantastic!! I can appreciate the yoyo in your pics. You are clearly a fun loving person. Thxs for sharing!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The photos are a great idea! I can clear differences in both of you. Very neat.

I have been at the same weight for a while but I feel smaller too. I wonder if a picture would show it? Maybe I'll just find the tape measure.