Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure this morning measured by professional - 110/75 (about 1-hr after lifting weights). Lots better than 14x/9x like it was before diet! No blood pressure meds.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    VERY good numbers, sir!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    the BP numbers are so cool . . . looking forward to my next workup, April-ish.
  • blambo61
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    0-lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 208, 44lbs-lighter

Weekly Weight Gain/Loss History since back on diet (28 Nov 2016)
    +2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1, -4, +1, 0

Diet:
    Sat - Wed - Diet 20 to 23-hr fast each day
    Thurs - National Pizza Day (ate with people at work)
    Fri - About a 18 hr fast
    Had a cheat day on Thurs and went camping with scouts on Friday so ate a little early Friday so wouldn't starve on campout

Exercise:
    Sat - 15 min run or so
    Mon - Walk 2.5-miles, Ran 2.1-miles
    Tues - 60- min of upper body and core weights
    Thurs - Walk 1.0-miles, Ran 2.4-miles
    Fri - 60-min upper body and core weights
    Increasing running slowly. I'm warming up a mile then I do 6x1-lap hard/easy, then a cool-down jog (Mon and Thurs). Running continuous on Sat.

Comments:
    Didn't lose. Eating lunch on Thurs didn't help. Did do an Inbody measurement Fri morn (after Thurs splurge) and from 12/20/16 to 2/10/17 it said I had lost 13-lbs of fat and gained 6.5-lbs of muscle for total delta weight of about 6.5 lbs which matches my log above fairly well. Also it said I went from 27% body fat to 22%. If I wouldn't have gained any muscle, it would have showed the 13-lbs of fat loss which is good for that time period. Goes to show the scale isn't the whole picture (can gain muscle or retain water). Look at how much the clothes fit and also if you are increasing athletic performance and staying the same weight, you are probably gaining muscle and improving your % body fat.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Impressive to put on that much muscle while losing weight! Where do you go to get your Inbody measurements?
  • blambo61
    Options
    At work they have some equipment and some wellness people. The numbers could be off some of course due to water retention etc. but I do think I've gained some since I've been lifting the last two months. You only gain muscle fast if you have't been lifting for awhile which I hadn't tell two months ago. I haven't done leg presses, squats, or deadlifts yet cause my knee is still on the mend so I think I could gain 5-lbs quick there but after that, I think it will be slow to gain muscle.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress well done sir.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Wow . Love the muscle gain!
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    0-lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 208, 44lbs-lighter

+2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1, -4, +1, 0

Diet:
    Sat - Wed - Diet 20 to 23-hr fast each day
    Thurs - National Pizza Day (ate with people at work)
    Fri - About a 18 hr fast
    Had a cheat day on Thurs and went camping with scouts on Friday so ate a little early Friday so wouldn't starve on campout

Exercise:
    Sat - 15 min run or so
    Mon - Walk 2.5-miles, Ran 2.1-miles
    Tues - 60- min of upper body and core weights
    Thurs - Walk 1.0-miles, Ran 2.4-miles
    Fri - 60-min upper body and core weights
    Increasing running slowly. I'm warming up a mile then I do 6x1-lap hard/easy, then a cool-down jog (Mon and Thurs). Running continuous on Sat.

Comments:
    Didn't lose. Eating lunch on Thurs didn't help. Did do an Inbody measurement Fri morn (after Thurs splurge) and from 12/20/16 to 2/10/17 it said I had lost 13-lbs of fat and gained 6.5-lbs of muscle for total delta weight of about 6.5 lbs which matches my log above fairly well. Also it said I went from 27% body fat to 22%. If I wouldn't have gained any muscle, it would have showed the 13-lbs of fat loss which is good for that time period. Goes to show the scale isn't the whole picture (can gain muscle or retain water). Look at how much the clothes fit and also if you are increasing athletic performance and staying the same weight, you are probably gaining muscle and improving your % body fat.

• kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • blambo61
    Options
    kabrigail wrote: »
    Great job!

Thanks!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Got my spring garden planted today just as it started to rain. Planted:
    peas, several types of lettuce, spinach, mustard greens, swiss chard, 3 types of onions, garlic, and some other weird greens. Will save the carrots, beets, parsnips, brocholi, cabbage, cauliflower, and other cool weather stuff for a fall garden.
  • EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm thinking of starting up another veggie patch as I'd like to grow more of our own food. We have a small one, but it's terribly situated in the shadiest part of the garden (rental house). How big is your plot?
  • blambo61
    Options
    My garden plot is about 56' x 14' . I do half as a spring garden and half as a summer garden and then do some fall stuff in the spring garden spot. It is a nice sized little garden but I wish it was 2 to 4 times that size then I would be able to grow most of what I want. I've got 8-fruit trees, grapes, blackberries, used to have raspberries but they are about gone, strawberries, elderberries, currents, 5-bee hives, and some chickens.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That's awesome having so many fresh fruits and vegetables :)
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My garden plot is about 56' x 14' . I do half as a spring garden and half as a summer garden and then do some fall stuff in the spring garden spot. It is a nice sized little garden but I wish it was 2 to 4 times that size then I would be able to grow most of what I want. I've got 8-fruit trees, grapes, blackberries, used to have raspberries but they are about gone, strawberries, elderberries, currents, 5-bee hives, and some chickens.

When can we move in :wink:
    I grew up in a little house with a huge yard, we had cherries, 2 kinds of apples, apricots, plums and pears and a garden that was bigger than our house lol, oh how I miss those years
    :grin:
  • blambo61
    edited February 2017
    Options
    dajoloehr wrote: »

When can we move in :wink:
    I grew up in a little house with a huge yard, we had cherries, 2 kinds of apples, apricots, plums and pears and a garden that was bigger than our house lol, oh how I miss those years
    :grin:

I lived in California for about 17 years and had a very small house and an even smaller yard (I still had chickens and a small garden though). When we moved here 10 years ago we tried to get a little bit bigger yard so could do a little more. I do feel fortunate that way. Nice new pic!
  • dajoloehr
    Options
    @blambo61 Thanks, I was reminiscing about hiking so I grabbed a pic from the fall :) Im very fortunate(good word btw) that we have a ton of places to hike super close.
  • blambo61
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    +1lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 209, 43lbs-lighter

+2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1, -4, +1, 0, +1

Diet:
    Sat: ate all three meals, camping out in cold with scouts
    Sun - Mon: 19 to 20-hr fast
    Tues: ate lunch with visiting person at work
    Wed - Thurs: 20-hr fast
    Fri: Had some gout issues and had to take meds so ate at lunch

Exercise:
    Sat: 20:30 for 2.0 mile jog (would rather be skiing)

Sun: Rest

Mon: Jog 1-mile, some strides, 1x352y, 6x176 yd all at about 6:00min/mile pace, .7-mile cooldown, also walked about 2.1-miles in between all that

Tues: Upper body weights for 70-min

Wed: Rest

Thurs: Jog 1-mile, some strides, 2x352y, 3x176 yd all at about 6:00min/mile pace, .7-mile cooldown, also walked about 2.5-miles in between all that

Fri: Upper body weights for 70-min and worked in garden for about 3-hrs

Slowly increasing running and also weights.

Comments:
    With my two splurge days and also the week before camping out it wasn't a good weight loss for me. I am improving on my weights and also running so that will be my indication of improvement for now. Cheers!
  • blambo61
    Options
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    @blambo61 Thanks, I was reminiscing about hiking so I grabbed a pic from the fall :) Im very fortunate(good word btw) that we have a ton of places to hike super close.

What area of the country are you in? The mountains in your pic looked real nice!
  • dajoloehr
    Options
    I live in Kelowna BC, its wonderful, but expensive. Lots of outdoor stuff to do all year around though :)