Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I hope your back feels better soon, Linda.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    I mix 2 tbl spoons with a full glass of water, that makes it drinkable to me, and have that with my food.
    It's not good for your teeth. You can Google it. It ruins the enamel over time.

It's good to wait an hour to brush ones teeth after having something acidic I read, letting the saliva flush the ACV away first or eat something with a high ph to even it out.

food_ph_chart-600x643.jpg

Thanks! This is going on my wall!

Btw thanks guys for the info!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I hope your back feels better soon, Linda.

Thank you Deb.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I'm going to rinse immediately anyways and then should follow this a brush an hour later looks like.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Went shooting clays today with my boys and son in law and daughter. Was a lot of fun. 8 more inches of snow last night! Well the fun is over, I'm back at work tomorrow!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Went shooting clays today with my boys and son in law and daughter. Was a lot of fun. 8 more inches of snow last night! Well the fun is over, I'm back at work tomorrow!

I'm glad you're having some fun with the problems you're having. Nothing will get you down it seems. You are an inspiration to me.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Got real hungry today. Had a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil at 2:00 and 3:30 pm and that got me through. I consider it a successful fasting day!
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    -2lb, SW 252, CW 210, 42lbs-lighter

Weekly Weight Gain/Loss History since back on diet (28 Nov 2016)
    +2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2

Diet:
    Sat - Thurs (18-21 hour fast each day)
    Fri - Ate starting early (sick and stayed home and felt I needed it - didn't notice I was eating tell had an orange down me!)

Still doing whey protein shakes and salads with olive oil, cheese and eggs or meat most every day. Do ACV and tart cherry juice daily. Eat ad libitum when I eat.

Exercise:
    Tues - Weights

Other comments:
    Still struggling with gout a little. Knee is doing fairly well but it decided to go to left big toe so long walks still not gonna happen. Got a head cold and have been a little sick last two days. I think will get over it quickly.

I lost 2-lbs for the week which is amazing since I lost 3 the week before. I think cutting out the refined sugars may be helping. I need to try this for a couple more weeks to see. I usually have been only losing about 1-lb /week.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Wow....you are doing great. I think it's the sugar. I've been studying up on what sugar does to the body and watched a video of an attorney from Australia who stopped eating sugar only and lost 90 pounds in one year.

Congrats!!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey Bob, you look great in your new photo. Good luck with your new no-sugar diet. I came to believe that too much sugar gave me gout too. I was living overseas and eating a lot more sugar than I do now. I experienced gout in my foot (toe) one Christmas morning! Ow! No problem now though.
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Hey Bob, you look great in your new photo. Good luck with your new no-sugar diet. I came to believe that too much sugar gave me gout too. I was living overseas and eating a lot more sugar than I do now. I experienced gout in my foot (toe) one Christmas morning! Ow! No problem now though.

Good to hear from you! Yea gout stinks. I've upped my allopurinol, am taking tart cherry juice and acv every day, and am cutting back refined sugar to close to zero and taking indomethecin for flareups. I'm also cutting back on meat also and eating dairy. I hope all this works. I'm dying to get back walking and running and maybe a doing a little skiing this year.
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options

Good to hear from you! Yea gout stinks. I've upped my allopurinol, am taking tart cherry juice and acv every day, and am cutting back refined sugar to close to zero and taking indomethecin for flareups. I'm also cutting back on meat also and eating dairy. I hope all this works. I'm dying to get back walking and running and maybe a doing a little skiing this year.

Hi Bob
    I watched a documentary on Netflix called 'Forks over Knives'. It explains about a plant based diet and I was intrigued because I'm not a great meat eater. I'm slowly going to change my diet to this way of eating.

It sounds like you are eating a plant based diet as well. Am I correct?
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @SavedByGrace26356 I've wanted to see that documentary for ages... now I'm going to!
    I was a vegetarian for most of my life and have only recently started eating meat regularly. I'd be curious to hear how people manage OMAD without meat.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    @SavedByGrace26356 I've wanted to see that documentary for ages... now I'm going to!
    I was a vegetarian for most of my life and have only recently started eating meat regularly. I'd be curious to hear how people manage OMAD without meat.

I was vegetarian for 9 years and then got enemia. My doctor suggested that I begin eating chicken, turkey, and fish. After thinking about it, I don't think I was eating enough vegetables but eating processed foods instead. I think I would be fine eating this way.

Great documentary...a real eye opener.
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    Yes, I'd love to go back to eating vegetarian for ethical reasons. I do find it so much easier to fill myself up when I include animal protein though...
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi Bob
    I watched a documentary on Netflix called 'Forks over Knives'. It explains about a plant based diet and I was intrigued because I'm not a great meat eater. I'm slowly going to change my diet to this way of eating.

It sounds like you are eating a plant based diet as well. Am I correct?

No, I still eat meat but I watch how much (not just watch it going into my mouth!). I think a no-meat diet would be healthier but that is a long ways away for me.
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    +1lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 211, 41lbs-lighter

Weekly Weight Gain/Loss History since back on diet (28 Nov 2016)
    +2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1

Diet:
    Sat - Had lunch with my boy before sending him back off to college. Ate at "Asian Buffet" with wife for dinner (ate a lot)
    Sun - Fri (about 20- hour fast each day
    )
    Doing the ACV 1st and chasing it with vegetable juice (can't even taste the ACV!). Eating salads and am cutting back on protein shakes. My waking blood glucose has been a little high lately and I'm trying to figure what is going on. Maybe more protein than I can handle and it is going to glucose. By end of fast my bg level is good.

Exercise:
    Mon - Bike 5-min, Walk 5-min, very light weights with legs
    Tues - Bike 10-min, Walk 10-min, 40-min upper body and core weights
    Thurs - Bike 15-min, Walk 15-min
    Fri - 50-min upper body and core weights
    Hitting weights hard but am not going to do lower body stuff tell knee gets stronger.

Other comments:
    Knee was doing good this week and foot and not sick! Starting to workout more and hitting the weights and biking and walking. Went skiing today with my 11-year old daughter! Had a great time, was blue-bird skies. Legs got tired too-soon since haven't done much with them lately. I took it fairly easy.

I gained 6-lbs after my last Saturday splurges! Lost all but one by the end of the week. I think weights is causing some retention also. I'm not so sure no-sugar helped me lose the previous weeks. I think it was more likely due to not having a splurge day those two weeks that I lost a lot. I'm still doing very little sugar and will continue to do so but might allow a "taste" but no more. I did that last Sat with some baklava my wife made last Sunday. I had a 1" square was all. Might have a stall for a couple of weeks cause of weights and also I did have a splurge day today while skiing so will probably be a modest week. Take care!
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    Great summary! So much of succes relies on being able to reflect on what worked and what didn't. A splurge can so set us back but we can always come back. Looking forward to your next update!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sounds so nice to be able to go skiing with your daughter! Blue skies too!