Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Drank a lot of water today. Ate my vinegar and picked the meat out of the fajitas tonight. Ate a lot of cottage cheese and fruit (dairy is supposed to be good for gout). It is very discouraging. I've lost about 3-4 months of running this year because of it. I hope to be able to walk without a limp/pain soon. Getting in and out of a car is an adventure! Thanks for the comments.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I put a couple tablespoons Bragg's apple cider vinegar into apple juice with a splash of tart cherry juice. I can't even taste the vinegar.

I have noticed less stiffness from my neck injury after taking it daily since starting OMAD. The pain is almost gone. Also it made a sore throat go away quickly.

I don't know if the healing factor is because of the intermittent fasting component or because of drinking the apple cider vinegar. But I am happy to experience less pain. Bob my heart goes out to you, buddy. Pain is draining.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I put a couple tablespoons Bragg's apple cider vinegar into apple juice with a splash of tart cherry juice. I can't even taste the vinegar.

I have noticed less stiffness from my neck injury after taking it daily since starting OMAD. The pain is almost gone. Also it made a sore throat go away quickly.

I don't know if the healing factor is because of the intermittent fasting component or because of drinking the apple cider vinegar. But I am happy to experience less pain. Bob my heart goes out to you, buddy. Pain is draining.

The next time I go to the store I'm going to pick up cherry juice and give it a try with the vinegar. Thanks!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Cherry juice is good for gout by-the-way. I was actually going to get some tonight and forgot to go do it. I didn't have a good day with my gout but overall it seems to be getting better.

Had a lunch retirement party today for a co-worker. Went to Olive Garden. I got the never-ending salad and some veggie dish. I didn't eat the garlic sticks, the cake after, or the chocolates after. I thought I did pretty good. Eating vegetarian as much as I can (still drinking milk) to help with gout (hopefully will lose weight too).
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued with this Apple Cider vinegar thing. I think I'll grab a bottle from the store today.

How's your leg bob?
  • DebSozo
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    I'm intrigued with this Apple Cider vinegar thing. I think I'll grab a bottle from the store today.

How's your leg bob?

Make sure it has the "mother" in it. You will see little strands on the bottom of the bottle. Filtered kind doesn't work the same.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Cherry juice is good for gout by-the-way. I was actually going to get some tonight and forgot to go do it. I didn't have a good day with my gout but overall it seems to be getting better.

Had a lunch retirement party today for a co-worker. Went to Olive Garden. I got the never-ending salad and some veggie dish. I didn't eat the garlic sticks, the cake after, or the chocolates after. I thought I did pretty good. Eating vegetarian as much as I can (still drinking milk) to help with gout (hopefully will lose weight too).

I love Olive Garden's salad and their house dressing. It is very refreshing and light.

I found this great link to help determine the most nutritious foods. Since my calories are restricted I don't want to waste them on "junk" foods. I'm learning about essential amino acids, and this site lists vegetarian foods that contain them. It shows nice photos which attract me as I am a visual thinker.

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/

ETA: I'm not vegetarian at all but am adding more veggies and upping the quantity.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options

How's your leg bob?

Make sure it has the "mother" in it. You will see little strands on the bottom of the bottle. Filtered kind doesn't work the same.

I had no idea about this "mother" thing. Thanks!
  • DebSozo
    Options

The next time I go to the store I'm going to pick up cherry juice and give it a try with the vinegar. Thanks!

I bought regular apple cider juice and put the 1 or 2 tbsp Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar into it. It is tangy but not too sour that way. And the tart cherry I only add a little splash to it. The whole amount is maybe 4 oz total. Apple juice has a lot of calories so I'm doing this as a medicinal type thing not for pleasure. Lol.
    :D
  • blambo61
    Options

I love Olive Garden's salad and their house dressing. It is very refreshing and light.

I found this great link to help determine the most nutritious foods. Since my calories are restricted I don't want to waste them on "junk" foods. I'm learning about essential amino acids, and this site lists vegetarian foods that contain them. It shows nice photos which attract me as I am a visual thinker.

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/

ETA: I'm not vegetarian at all but am adding more veggies and upping the quantity.

Thanks
  • blambo61
    Options

How's your leg bob?

"Braggs" Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the more popular ones that has the "mother" in it. That is what I buy. I think those people must be making a ton of money!
  • DebSozo
    Options

How's your leg bob?

"Braggs" Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the more popular ones that has the "mother" in it. That is what I buy. I think those people must be making a ton of money!

They have it at our supermarket.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Weekly Re-Cap:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    +2.0 (closer to 1.5). SW 252, CW 217

Exercise:
    Nothing this week. Trying to get over gout issues. Can almost walk without a limp. Hoping to start walking next week.

Comments:
    Took a bit of a hit with the Thanksgiving weekend weight-wise. I was 215 Wed morn before Thanksgiving and by mon Morn was amost 220. Yesterday morn was 217 (close to 216.5) so getting rid of some of that indulgence. Hopefully by next week can get back to 215 and go from there.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Nice recovery, Bob!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options

How's your leg bob?

They have it at our supermarket.

Found it :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Bob:

Here is a website using Essential Oils for Gout....

http://essentialoilsanctuary.com/11-essential-oils-for-gout-plus-mixtures-and-application-tips/

Essential Oils for Gout

You’ll find our most recommended oils and mixes for gout. They’ve been highlighted for their ability to soothe your achy joints and clear out stuck uric acid crystals.

Of course, you do not need all of oils that we’ve listed below. Pick a few of your favorites and whip yourself up a healing mixture..........

This something you may want to try. There are several recipes to apply to the skin. Good luck!
  • blambo61
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks,

I read today that vinegar applied topically can help too. Internal has helped in the past. I'm going to try that and will look at the stuff you sent also. I'm still having issues. Tried to walk yesterday and it wasn't happening. I did a little weights tonight and am going to get back into that (low weights, low sets, little rest between different exercises, lots of reps - almost like a circuit which makes it have a cardio effect). Thanks
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Let me know if it works. Good luck!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Weekly Re-Cap:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    -1.0-lb, SW 252, CW 216, 36-lbs lighter

Exercise:
    Tues: Weights, 1 set of a bunch of stuff, 20 reps each, light weight
    Fri: Walked 5-min and limped, tried again couple hours later and could do it without limp but hurt, couple hours later 5-min without limp but hurt. This gout is getting old.
    Sat: Same as Tues but about 30 reps.

Comments:
    Still have gout. Have hard time keeping hydrated on the weekends. I just don't think about it. My knee was very bad today. Got some colchicine which is supposed to help. Have been taking a lot of ACV. This gout is getting really old. I've been mostly a vegetarian but it is still hanging around. Did the diet Sun, Mon, Wed, Friday. Ate lunches on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Thurs was a work party. Tuesday I gave in cause ate too much sugar night before (someone at work gave out Christmas candy gifts) and not enough protein and so got very hungry. Saturday I normally eat at lunch. Anyways, still was able to lose 1-lb.