Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great loss Bob!!! 36 pounds off your body has to feel good. Sorry about the gout still hanging on. I have to say that you are such a trooper. Exercising when you're in pain when most people wouldn't even attempt exercise. I'm going to add you to my prayer list. Take care!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Thanks, appreciate it!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Have half a pound of cherries per day. That and the ACV should knock it out.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you're still handling your knee problems :( but congrats on progress!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options

Love this prescription!!!
  • blambo61
    Options

Just bought some cold pressed tart cherry juice on the way home tonight. I have been doing the acv and indomethicine and now colchicine. Something should work. Have been almost a vegetarian also. Thanks
  • blambo61
    Options
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    -1lb, SW 252, CW 215, 37lbs-lighter

Diet:
    Sat & Sun - lunch
    Mon-Fri - OMAD (was little excessive one night but pretty good)
    Doing the ACV and tart cherry juice nightly. Eating a lot of salads at start of dinner, yum!

Exercise:
    Sat - Weights, lots of exercises, l-set per exercise, lots of reps in the set
    Tues - Same

Think I'm over the gout but now that it has subsided, I can tell I have some cartilage problems with the knee. I've torn the ACL and MCL in that knee three times in the past (all playing basketball), once in the 20's, once in the 30's, and once in the 40's. Last time was a complete tear of the ACL from MRI results. They wanted to do surgery but I opted out. Now I think I've got some cartilage issues going on and can tell it hurts where the gout wasn't. I'm going to have to see someone about it and get it imaged looks like. I still can't walk without a limp so running is definitely out. Bummer! I expected this would eventually happen with that knee but hoped not this soon.

Other comments:
    Had a good week and the analog scale was half way to 214 (lost 1+lbs) so should get to 214 easy next week. I think that is good since I'm lifting and not doing much cardio any more.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Bob...you're doing great. Sorry about the cartilage problems and I hope you can get it fixed somehow.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Wow you were pretty active! Hope u get better soon!
  • blambo61
    Options
    At work, they have a tradition called the 12-lbs of Christmas. All last week and this week, people have signed up and bring in goodies to share so there is a counter with all sorts of stuff on it starting the day. I've been good and haven't touched anything during the day but I have made a small plate of stuff a couple of times and saved it for the end of the day. I can have it, just not now!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is such a clever thing to do and what'll make you succeed in staying healthy. I wish I had done the same thing yesterday when my husband brought home some of the special christmas ham his friend makes, today there are just one or two slices left. Hm...
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    At work, they have a tradition called the 12-lbs of Christmas. All last week and this week, people have signed up and bring in goodies to share so there is a counter with all sorts of stuff on it starting the day. I've been good and haven't touched anything during the day but I have made a small plate of stuff a couple of times and saved it for the end of the day. I can have it, just not now!

That is smart for you to box up a few for later. I find that if I don't eat something in the moment that a lot of times I forget about it.
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    That is smart for you to box up a few for later. I find that if I don't eat something in the moment that a lot of times I forget about it.
    That's the even smarter thing to do ;) But it's nice to know nothing is forbidden, we just have to wait a bit. I love that feeling!

• SavedByGrace26356
    Options

Way to plan Bob. I remember in one of Joe's videos he was at a food court and his family was having Chinese and he had his food in a 'to go' box to take home and eat for his meal. I'll never forget that picture. When I get tempted I think of that. You are doing the same thing. Congrats on your winning commitment!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    That's the even smarter thing to do ;) But it's nice to know nothing is forbidden, we just have to wait a bit. I love that feeling!

Exactly!
  • blambo61
    Options

Way to plan Bob. I remember in one of Joe's videos he was at a food court and his family was having Chinese and he had his food in a 'to go' box to take home and eat for his meal. I'll never forget that picture. When I get tempted I think of that. You are doing the same thing. Congrats on your winning commitment!!

That is one of the OMAD mantra's that I've seen here is you can have it but not now!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »

Yes. That takes away the FOMO.
  • blambo61
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    0-lb, SW 252, CW 215, 37lbs-lighter

Diet:
    Sat & Sun - lunch (late at about 2-3 pm)
    Mon-Tues - OMAD
    Wed - Lunch (lady retiring at work, I needed to go)
    Thurs & Fri - OMAD
    Still doing salads (with eggs, cheese, and olive oil) and ACV, protein and vitamin/mineral supps, some veg juice, and fruit-yogurt smoothies (not much room left after all that)

Exercise:
    Sat - Weights, lots of exercises, l-set per exercise, lots of reps in the set
    Tues - Same with weights and about 45-min of very slow walking
    Fri - Same with weights and a med-paced 20-min walk

I think my knee problems are mostly all gout and not structural problems. I had a day where my knee felt fine and I couldn't even feel (by touch) a previously very sore spot that caused sharp pains before (where quad tendon attaches to knee cap) when touched. The next day the sore spot was back. Tears don't behave that way. Gout can. I'm eating ACV, taking allopurinol daily and either indomethicin or cholchicine as needed, also tart cherry juice. I read a big article that said reducing meat will only reduce uric acid by about 15% and that fructose is a much bigger driver so now I'm committed to eating very little sugar (and little meat) to see how that works out. I've usually eaten a desert after dinner but that is now going to change. Cheese will be my splurge item this holiday as dairy is supposed to help gout.

Other comments:
    I didn't lose any this week. The midweek lunch didn't help. Was Thai food. Had sweets after that from the work treat counter. Next day up by 4-lbs! Must have been very salty stuff I think and I probably totally replaced all glycogen. This morn, I'm down almost to 215 again.

Lifting weights also will slow down my weight loss. I'm about 215 and 25% body-fat. If I gain 10-lbs of muscle and lose 10-lbs of fat, I will still be 215 but I will be smaller and will be slightly under 20% body-fat which is a big improvement. I realize this and so if I'm lifting and getting stronger but still not losing weight, I know I'm gaining muscle and my % body fat is improving which is my main goal anyways (low % body-fat) so I'm not going to freak out about it. I only expect muscle gains for a month or so anyways and then the additional fat loss after that time will be apparent. Those are my thoughts. Sorry for being so long-winded! Have a Merry Christmas everyone! (Cranking out Handle's Messiah and singing along right now - most awesome music ever!)
  • blambo61
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Holy Smokes! Was down 1.5-lbs day after Christmas from day before Christmas and I ate a lot on Christmas day! I have not been eating hardly any sweets to try to help my gout (much extra motivation) and maybe that has been the ticket! Candy, smoked meats, and cheeses have been my favorites at this time of year. I'm not doing much of the meats, about zero of the sweets, but have been doing the cheese heavy as my indulgence item since dairy is supposed to help with gout.

Maybe spending about 3-hrs building an igloo in the backyard yesterday had something to do with it also. We woke up to about 8-inches of snow Christmas morning and go a couple more during the day!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Merry Christmas! I am so happy for you!
    Can't wait for the new year and all the weight loss it holds for us!

Wow it must be really cold where you live if you can build an igloo.
    We have sunny weather here in Malta! :)