• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I've never weighed after eating, that would be too scary to see :#
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    carbs are water sponges. you've been low carb and that is why you haven't seen it. I went low carb friday and by sat it was back to normal. It did concern me a little but I know we can't put on fat that fast and i was expecting it to come off but I was afraid of a residual lb or two. So leason learned for people is don't freak if you see something like that. Evaluate and you will probably see you ate a lot of carbs. Trust it will come off soon if you stop pounding the carbs. Don't go on a depressive bing or something like that.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options

blambo61 wrote: »
    carbs are water sponges.

I am going to remember that. It's already ringing in my ears.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    so in reality, at the end of it, you experienced a loss?
  • blambo61
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    so in reality, at the end of it, you experienced a loss?

No, I was 210 in the morning, went all the way to 220 in the evening the next day and back to 210 in another 1/1/2 days
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    ahhh misunderstood! sorry!

so let me rephrase , you ate all that and didn't gain because of your good choices afterwards :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    ahhh misunderstood! sorry!

so let me rephrase , you ate all that and didn't gain because of your good choices afterwards :)

yep, also, a point to be learned i think is that a one day splurge will not result in a lot of fat gain, you may get a lot of weight gain, but it isn't fat. I think the body is limited as to how fast it can store fat. Because of this, I will allow some splurges on special occasions like Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc cause it won't cause much harm. You may miss out on a couple of days of opportunity to lose weight. Multiple cheat days will lay down the fat though.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Been sick with very bad sinus infection since last thurs. Haven't been able to do anything exercise-wise. Got some antibiotics yesterday and am starting to feel little better. Been good with omad though and have lost a lb in spite of not being active.
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A pound is good!!! I Hope your feeling better really soon o:)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Echoing what Brenda said ^^^ A pound is good! Hope you're feeling better really soon.
  • ShannonOMAD
    ShannonOMAD Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Been sick with very bad sinus infection since last thurs. Haven't been able to do anything exercise-wise. Got some antibiotics yesterday and am starting to feel little better. Been good with omad though and have lost a lb in spite of not being active.

Blah! I feel you! I have a sinus infection, too. And the antibiotics mess up my eating schedule! I really hope you feel better soon!
  • Brendalea69
    Options

Blah! I feel you! I have a sinus infection, too. And the antibiotics mess up my eating schedule! I really hope you feel better soon!

Hope your feeling better soon too o:)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Get well everyone. Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Down another lb this morning for a -2 for the week so far. I've been going low carb last few days and I think it makes a difference. I think when I'm in maintenance mode, I will eat mostly LC or zero Carb breakfasts and lunches to stay off the sugar roller coaster and then will allow some after dinner. I'm only trying to restrict sugar and white flour stuff (not 100% but very little). I'm still eating all vegetables, fruit,milk, and whole grain bread at dinner.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Good plan :)
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    2 lbs. Awesome!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Get well soon! Quite awesome that you are making OMAD work for you even when sick.
  • blambo61
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well today I was supposed to run the first of a 5k series (8 of them at one a week) today but didn't cause I haven't run for two weeks due to injury and illness. To top it off I'm having a little gout in my left big toe and some in my left calf. I skipped the race and went home and decided, I'm going to try to run anyway!. I hobbled to a grass park close by and did 2x1/2-mile with a 1/2-mile walk in-between and actually felt good. Wasn't hacking or coughing and also my leg didn't hurt and I didn't feel my feet (until after I was done). Was happy I went. Sometimes you just have to bust through stuff. Sometimes it will break you though if you try. I had to try today and it turned out good.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    All while being sick, its good that you didn't overdo it!!! :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to bust through stuff. Sometimes it will break you though if you try.

THIS!

btw congrats on 2lbs....