Current Weight: 135
    Goal Weight: 115
  • leondra_nicole
    leondra_nicole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight (9/12/17): 186
    Current Weight:186
    Goal Weight: 161

Trying to get back on the wagon after a couple of months of craziness. Planning on clean eating and working out 3-5x per week.
  • rh0322
    rh0322 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fivepts wrote: »
    SW: 165lbs
    CW: 158lbs
    GW: 130lbs
    keto and intermittent fasting. Hoping to keep it up during next 6 months of traveling.

SW: 168lbs in August 16th
    CW: 164lbs
    GW: 130lbs
    Also keto and IF. No travel here but we do have a vacation coming up in November. By then I was hoping to have lost 20+ lbs and by Christmas the remaining for 14lbs. I am not losing as much and as fast as I hope in IF and Keto

Sounds like a silly question but what do you folks do with extra exercise calories once hit macro goals? Follow paleo eating and find that my grams are met especially in carbs / protein and I have 700+ calories left. Do you stick to fats for remainder? try to keep % of total calories instead of grams? Don't use extra calories? Just trying to get a feel
  • natesonlygirl
    natesonlygirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I have been looking for a group just like this to help with motivation and consistency!
    SW: 162 (2 weeks ago)
    CW: 160
    GW: 140 (145 by Christmas and last five by Valentines)
    Here we go!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing keto and IF, I'd love some friends.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Oops a few days late to the game:

SW: 122
    CW: 122
    GW: 110

Some of it will be fluid retention (hurrah period), so I'm looking at 9 or so pounds.

My problem is I'm so mentally TIRED of eating at a deficit (I started at 127ish at the beginning of the summer). I can only seem to manage at most 100 calories under maintenance these days. I just am so scared of the hanger, its the WORST. My goal is to improve my mental stamina; maybe getting back into early mornings will help.
  • whiskeystitching
    Options

What is IF?
  • rh0322
    Options
    timtam163 wrote: »
    Oops a few days late to the game:

SW: 122
    CW: 122
    GW: 110

Some of it will be fluid retention (hurrah period), so I'm looking at 9 or so pounds.

My problem is I'm so mentally TIRED of eating at a deficit (I started at 127ish at the beginning of the summer). I can only seem to manage at most 100 calories under maintenance these days. I just am so scared of the hanger, its the WORST. My goal is to improve my mental stamina; maybe getting back into early mornings will help.

What are your total calories? Do you add for exercise? Sounds counterintuitive but maybe add more healthy fats. They satisfy more and balance out hunger pains / cravings.
  • sqdeese
    sqdeese Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Few days late:
    5'2"
    SW: 149
    CW:149
    GW: 115
  • keyfoot72
    keyfoot72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is perfect for me. I few days late but better late than never!
    5'01"
    SW: 150
    CW: 146
    GW: 130

What is keto and intermittent fasting? Please explain.
  • rh0322
    Options
    keyfoot72 wrote: »
    This is perfect for me. I few days late but better late than never!
    5'01"
    SW: 150
    CW: 146

What is keto and intermittent fasting? Please explain.

Basically keto is low carb so body burns fat as fuel rather than using glucose in carbs. Fasting is skipping a meal or a day of eating so body used stored fat as fuel rather than the meal you eat.

Haven't tried myself but have been researching.
  • Meltingangel
    Meltingangel Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Joined late
    5'2"
    SW: 143 lbs
    CW:143 lbs
    GW: 128 lbs
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options

What is IF?

IF is intermittent fasting.
  • MicheleStitches
    Options

I am currently experimenting with Keto (about 12 days in) so I am not super experienced...but definitely up for encouragement/support!
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Every Monday you post
    Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:

Then, if you want. say what your plans for the week are to lose weight, what worked or didn't work the week before, and ask for any advice you need.

Is "starting weight" our weight at the beginning of this challenge, or our weight at the beginning of our weight-loss journey? It seems some have posted one, and some have posted the other...so I am not sure which to give.
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Throwing my hat in the ring:

SW: 153
    CSW (challenge start weight): 139
    CW: 138
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 169 lbs
    Current weight 165 lbs
    Goal weight 155 lbs by Christmas

I am awesome with exercise. Mostly need to avoid unhealthy grazing after dinner. I just picked a bunch of apples, so plan to eat one after dinner if hungry.
  • FitSpicer
    FitSpicer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting late, but definitely looking forward to the challenge.

SW: 165
    CW: 165
    GW: 145

Plan to start first day of primal eats on Monday and exercise will be a combination of elliptical and HIT this week. I find I have better focus when I eat clean and exercise regularly. Key is to dodge all the office feeders and not give in to the 2 pm slumps.
  • sushlaing
    sushlaing Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    5'3"
    SW: 132
    CW:127
    GW: 116
    I am currently reducing carbonhydrade intakes and so far it's working even tho losing weight in slow-paced. I only lost about 2kg in a month.