Need support and recipes

Options
susanortiz
susanortiz Posts: 21 Member
Newbie , excited to see what I can accomplish in 30 days for the rest of my life

Replies

• julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like to make basic, quick, easy food for work. This low maintenance clean PB&J hits the spot for my work lunch. Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread, 100% peanuts peanut butter (I use the Crazy Richard's brand from Kroger), fresh fruit. Raspberries are my favorite because I like how tart they are. Blackberries and bananas work well. I have never tried blueberries.
  • muse12345
    muse12345 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always have lentils in my fridge and rice or quinoa... This way, I'm never stock and it's easy to put those 2 in a lots of recipe.
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also keep bags of frozen mukimame (shelled edemamme). 1/2 c has 120 calories. 8 carbs BUT 6g of fiber
  • KaraShindle
    KaraShindle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought a bento lunch box and my husband and I started meal prep and planning on the weekends. Def. has helped and we've discovered lots of new favorites!
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Spices are the key to me. I am interested in cooking and am discovering middle eastern food. I started to exclude my staples (butter, cream, white rice, pasta) and instead cook-tomato based curries. It is pretty exciting. I also am rethinking what goes in a meal. Why bread? Why rice or other grain? Thinking outside what I am taught compose a meal has really helped. Finally, I drink a lot of water and pre-log my meals.
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas! Thank you. I shall try them too.
  • mtpsef5
    mtpsef5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I researched clean eating last weekend and have tried it this week. I'm trying for 80% clean eating... an attainable goal.

Recipe: This week I tried a 1 pan sauteed chicken breast cubes, then sauteed a bunch of veggies. Spiral cut zucchini, onions, green pepper, cauliflower, etc. Then threw the chicken back in. Served warm with shredded Parmesan cheese and hot red pepper flakes for spice.
  • mtpsef5
    Options
    Recipe: 1 pot chili Brown some lean ground beef in pot, drain off any fat. Then saute chopped onions, green pepper, red bell pepper, a can of kidney beans, a can of diced tomatoes, and chili spices. You can serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and Jalepenos... just watch your sodium and calories.
  • mtpsef5
    Options
    Recipe: 1 pan Slice chicken sausages in half down the long way. Saute in pan. Then set aside and saute chopped veggies - onions, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms. Cut your chicken sausages into small pieces, and throw back into pan. Serve warm with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and shredded Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes for heat. Can top with crunchy fried onions if you want.
  • Irishm72
    Irishm72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I found a good recipe for stuffed peppers. Red peppers (halves) stuff with Shredded chicken, salsa, black beans, corn & low fat cheese and bake. I topped it with a small spoon of sour cream. I found I enjoyed them more than the green peppers with the beef and rice and it was very filling
  • Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi. New to the group. My DH and I are trying to switch to 'our version' of clean eating. Not sure if we are doing this right, but we have eliminated sodas and sugary drinks. We stopped eating fast food and have cut back 90% of our daily bread/rice/pasta/random carb intake. We are eating more REAL food, like eggs, lean meats, veggies. I stopped buying frozen lunches and now we meal prep. We cut wayyyyyy back on desserts and alcohol, and only enjoy a little on the weekends. (2 glasses of wine on Friday night, or a slice of fresh baked banana bread on Saturday morning).
    So far I have lost 5.5 lbs although MFP says its only 2 cause I was embarrassed to correct my start weight when I re-started. lol.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    @Sharon909 congratulations on getting started. IMO there is no firm rule for "doing this right", you define how you want to improve and what your definition of clean eating is. What is sustainable for the long term is more important than following someone else's militant rules!
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i've been using platejoy.com. after the free trial we were hooked and spent the $100 for a year. it is highly customizable and has great weekly recipes and a shopping list of mostly fresh meats and veggies. nothing heat and eat. we will easily save 10x the cost by rarely going to restaurants because with meals this interesting we don't want too. give it a free trial.