Day 16: Wednesday, 10-8-14

Options
lalepepper
lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Hello all,

I hope everyone made it through the forum changes unscathed. We're getting closer to having mobile access to the forums, which will be a big game-changer for a lot of members!

Day 15 we didn't hear from much of the group, largely due to posts being turned off. However, it looks like the forums are up and running now.

What are your goals for Day 16, and what are you doing to be successful?

Replies

• kmcorc
    kmcorc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bring on Day 16! My goal is to get C25K week 6, run 2 in. It's been a hell of a week with behavioral problems with the kiddo. I have to work both jobs, so I'm going to be exhausted at the end of the day, and I'm not a morning person so I'm not sure I'll be able to get up early enough to get the run in before my day begins.

Other goals:
    Reach my calories, and continue eating clean
    Get my water, at least 12 glasses
    Avoid alcohol (it's been a stressful week...)
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,268 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    the new forums are quite a change... will need some time to get used to it. Right now I miss the easy access to the group forums. But we'll see, they sure will tweak it over the next time. And there are some nice new features :smile:

Day 16:
    Main goal for today is going to the gym! I haven't been for about 2 weeks, due to doctor's orders to avoid straining some stitches in the back. They are gone now, and I am allowed back to the gym :smiley:
    Besides this, staying below the calorie limit (and eating back at most half of the calories gained from working out), logging everything, and drinking enough.
  • lujo321
    lujo321 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning. It was a bummer not being able to post anything yesterday but hopefully the updates will be good. Yesterday my meals were good but I am still losing the battle with my snack monster. I am trying to think of ways to get that under control. Yesterday I went to my son's last football game of the season. I have not been to any since the first one because of my back. By the end of the game though my back was hurting. It may be too soon to be sitting on concrete. I needed to go though for obvious parental reasons. I start my physical therapy today. I am both nervous and excited to get started.

Today's goals
    Drink more water - I did horrible on this yesterday
    Eat fewer and/or better snacks - I am going to pack myself some paleo snacks to take to work
    Walk around the office a few times - If I get too bust and sit too long my back starts to hurt
    Walk out of PT with a plan
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    day 15 i fell over the wagon a bit.... chips ..ugh
    Day 16 is filled with my triple hundred challenge and week 2 day 3 of my c25k.
    Water is key today. Im ready to face the day
  • dlphnldy89
    Options
    So far food intake has been fine and still walking. Nursing this darn blister is taking longer than anticipated. Going on week two so I had to stop with T25 until it heals. Bring on the day!
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't posted since last Friday, so need to get back in the grove.

Yesterday I had a victory with my fitness goal - I was able to jog the entire 2 miles without stopping with a pace of just over 10 min mile. So I was pretty pumped about that.

Goals for Day 16

- Drink 80-90 oz of water
    - Stay under calorie goal (will be a huge challenge as we are going out to eat bbq for lunch at work today)
    - Do strength training and light cardio (walking)

Let's make it happen!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was great. I did my run, my steps, and hit my calorie goal. So all in all, a successful day.

Goals for today:
    1. Stay within calorie goal (eating at my parents, so could be an issue)
    2. 10,000 steps (this is going to be hard today with my work schedule and after work schedule)
    3. Rest day from exercising!
  • knmurray02
    knmurray02 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All

Yesterday I was able to meet all of my goals (I just barely made the under my calorie limit, but hey every once in a while a girl needs a glass of wine). Today will be more of the same. Right now I need to strive for consistency even more than I need to strive for losing weight.

Goals:
    stay under calorie limit
    eat balanced meals
    hit 10,000 steps
    drink lots of water
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm so happy things are back to normal and we can communicate with each other.
    I feel like myself again after hitting the gym yesterday and squaring, deadlifting and swimming. I did back off the weights a bit since I haven't lifted in over a month but all in all it was a great success. Calories and macros were well in check and today I plan to enjoy my rest day, eat good food and let my body rebuild itself stronger :)

I wish you all the best! Have a fantastic day!
  • enoliaa
    enoliaa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Well I have been slacking a bit lately but the numbers I saw on this challenge spreadsheet yesterday (390 lb lost!!) made me jump to the sky!!! I feel so motivated this morning and my plan is to hit my 10K walk today (if not more)!!!
    Respect my planned calories and just believe in my goal every minute! Congrats to all of you challengers, you are terrific!!

Have a wonderful DAY today, we are already day 16, almost 20% far!! We can do this :smile:
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday, stayed within calorie goal, did disk 2 of Jillian Michaels beginner shred, spin class and boot camp. Water intake still not up where I want it to be, have to keep working on that. Today is disk 2 again, hot yoga and maybe a walk depending on the time.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Ugggh! I dont like the layout. Need darker lines to separate each post at least! Anywho, glad the lock out on forums is over.
    Back to business.
    Water... need to drink water today!
    Wednesdays are busy busy with work and then Bible study so I may not get any extra exercise in. I'm considering restarting C25K, I need to get focused and push myself. I'm not making the progress that I feel I should be.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Day 15 went well even if I couldn't get into the forums for support :) (had to complain just a little bit)

Today's plan:
    • Fast day today - around 500 calories
    • Lots and lots of water - I'm already on my 4th bottle!
    • Rest my back - even though I'm dying to get on the bike or even walk, my back is still sore. It is getting better though!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I just need to refocus...and get more than 8000 steps in each day. Started to walk to work, so that is helpful, and need to stop emotionally eating. The stress from work should be over in 2 weeks...just hope I can hang in there til then. So will try to eat within my calorie range and move more!
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Today is a busy day for me. I plan on making time for my workout and staying under my calories, not going to taco bell for lunch as is custom. And I need to get to bed at a better hour. The last 3 nights I have been up until 1 or 2 AM and it just isn't helping my energy levels at all which is hindering my performance on many different levels.
    Happy Hump Day everyone!
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Goals for the day:
    • 64oz of water
    • Stay within calorie limits
    • Complete day 7 of Level 2 30 DS
    • Take at least 9400 steps

Hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday, try to take an extra couple of steps today, even if it just means walking around the office! Cheers! :)
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Still having a cold... no fasting today, immune system needs nutrients :wink: Stay under, get better. Lots of fluids.

Great day to everyone!
  • phelan999
    phelan999 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone!

Goals for today:
    - track all food and exercise
    - long walk tonight, and add ab work
    - drink more water
  • laf0026
    laf0026 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My Goals for Day 16:
    Walk 10000 steps (5000 at work)
    Drink Plenty of water while at work
    Stay within my calories
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,427 Member
    Options
    Here's my plan...

Exercise 5-6 days a week
    pack my lunch the night before
    stay within calorie allotment
    no trigger/junk foods
    to be at least 132.0 by the time my MOTB dress comes in for final fitting ... Working on it

Eat only what I fixed for lunch and snack. Gym tonight w/DD. Walk immediately when I get home from work for 4 miles.

Hope everyone had a good week.

Chris