Weekly Wednesday Check in - Oct 8th

Options
Wooken3
Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
banana191.gif Got back home late Tuesday night from a wonderful 10-day Northern New Mexico visit. I packed on a few pounds as expected but all the wonderful New Mexico style food was well worth it.

vil2_vtt.gif Now to get the bike out and pedal those pounds off before they become permeant.

hug2.gif One of the highlights of the trip was getting to meet-up with MFP Xanne at the Indian Cultural Center in Albuquerque. We both agreed that it felt like we’ve know each other forever from our 2-year on-line exchange. It was so much fun meeting in person!

smileys-camping-395416.gif Xanne is the 5th MFP meet-up and once Hubby and I start RVing again, I hope to increase that number.

tumblr_mrqs4eA7XN1r2zyogo1_500.gif

Have a great week everyone!

Replies

• Fig_1946
    Fig_1946 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello. Lost 3 pounds.
  • Computershateme
    Computershateme Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Well I'm pleased to say that I'm down 1/2 pound. This means I have just one more pound to go before I'm at my final goal weight. I know it's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off.

Fig_1946 very well done on losing 3 pounds.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wooken, looks like your trip to NM was a great time! My one visit to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos was truly memorable and I will hopefully get back some day. I agree about the NM food. (In the meantime, if you ever get to Ohio...let me know). B)

Fig: 3 pounds is a terrific loss. Good for you! (*)

I lost one pound this week! I'm happy with that! "One step forward."

I think I like the new forum format!
  • Computershateme
    Computershateme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Why won't my whole message post here? I tried 3 times & only a part of it appears.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Maybe it isn't so good. I didn't have any problems with it. I didn't do anything "tricky" to make it work.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Well done y'all! Both enjoying vacations AND weight loss!

I've been at the lake for almost 2 weeks - alone except for the weekends. That's always good for my weight loss efforts - I seem to be more active here, and there is very little indulgent food around to tempt me since we don't keep the pantry or fridge stocked with much more than the basics and our planned meals.

Decided to just go with this 'unofficial' scale weight and posted a loss of 4 pounds. I've been rounding up for the last two weeks, but what the heck - if my scale at home is different by a pound (or so) when I weigh in there on Friday morning, I'll just lose it. Right? B)
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fig_1946 wrote: »
    Hello. Lost 3 pounds.

Well done!

• marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Got out for a good walk with the dog on this beautiful fall morning. I love this time of year (*)
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

This is a learning week for me. On Monday I got my new laptop to replace my computer that died a month ago. It has Windows 8 so I am learning that. Just updated my iPad so learning the new iOS and now the new forum format. I think I prefered to see everyone's sticker in the forums though.

Congratulations to all of you who have lost weight this week. Long, hard work paying off for all of you.

The peace of being at the lake by yourself Ker sounds so nice.

I have continued to hobble around this week and am amazed :o at how much stronger my arms are on the crutches. I even managed to go to an upstairs restaurant last night.

My weight is a bit too low so I need to work to get back in my range.

On Monday we head up to the U.S. for 12 days. How weird to actually be hoping to gain a couple of pounds!

Have a wonderful week all.

Wanda flowers-006.gif

• jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, finally found time to post my results for the week :)
    I cannot say I am over please, but at least I maintained and did not gain. I have remained flat for two weeks
    now which with 3 days of a business trip is not such a bad thing I suppose. :|
    Hopefully this next week will be better, although I am going to be traveling again next week.

Congrats to everyone on all their hard work, particularly those with losses!

Keep the faith, the journey is not always easy :D
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Charlie, I am so proud of you. You Rock.

Computer, every 1/2 lb. brings you closer to goal.

Fig, Marion, 3 pounds is excessive. You got what you were after. Kudos!

Wooken, how wonderful to meet an active MFP member, I would really, really enjoy having that opportunity. Glad you had a good time.

Ker, Just being alone for a while is blissful. So good for your mental well being to be able to regroup yourself!

JB, You're obviously doing something right.

BV, an Upstairs restaurant on crutches? I can't even imagine such a feat. Fantastic.

Continued good luck.

Happy Trails,

Claudine
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I had a house full of company over the weekend, so I put on a lb, but it is back off and hopefully another 1 or 2 will go also. Through the stressful time, now back to reality and dedication
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I am a new member to this group and wanted to post the "Wednesday check-in." It took me about a day to figure out how to post to the group :D

On Oct. 8 I hit 204, just one pound away from my first goal - 203 will represent a release of 10% of my body weight. On Oct. 7 I was also excited to be able to touch my toes for the first time in years!

I enjoy reading the supportive posts in this forum and look forward to "meeting" you on the journey.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    c0140.gif mxchana, we are so glad you found us. Also please check out the Monthly Chat page in this group also.

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    ty, Wooken!
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome mxchana, You will like it here :-)
  • cloeyeddie
    cloeyeddie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I know I'm late but didn't have access to a computer - on vacation, visiting our kids and grandkids and then will be at a motorcycle rally with my husband - 1st part of vacation will be fine for my goals but the second part, I'm going to just try to not put too much back on :| Anyway, down 1/2 lb. - will try to get back on when I have access again. Good luck to all
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Hi, mxchana! This is a great group!

Cloeyeddie: 1/2 pound gone while on vacation! You rock!

Wow, look at that loss, Ker! Well done!

Only one pound with company for a week, Deb? That is a feat! I'd have gained 3!

JB, you had an upset in you schedule. That sometimes causes a stall.

Wanda! Did you ever think you would be saying, "My weight is a bit too low..."? We all wish we were you! But it is good you are being sensible! I think at this point, I would be so happy, I wouldn't be smart.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Charlie. Lol. It's not that I am being so smart but that I have bat wings to remind me I need time for my skin to kinda catch up.