Question for menopausers

Options
Mustang_Susie
Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
I know they say you are not "officially" considered to be in full menopause until you haven't had a period for at least a year.
So, I've gone for up to six months at a time only to have Aunt Flo visit again.:grumble:
How long did you go between cycles before you completely stopped?
Have some of you gone the full year and then had another period?

Replies

• najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Two years in a row I have gone for 11 months only to have a period on the 12th. This year I am praying I go 12 months... If I can make it through June - I'll have done it!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Two years in a row I have gone for 11 months only to have a period on the 12th. This year I am praying I go 12 months... If I can make it through June - I'll have done it!

Oh man!
    So close!!
    You must have been saying " you have GOT to be joking"... :noway:
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I know they say you are not "officially" considered to be in full menopause until you haven't had a period for at least a year.
    So, I've gone for up to six months at a time only to have Aunt Flo visit again.:grumble:
    How long did you go between cycles before you completely stopped?
    Have some of you gone the full year and then had another period?

All I can do is commiserate! I'm in the same state. I had 7 months, had a period in Feb. so now I'm counting over... March April May come on menopause!!!!
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Oh man!
    So close!!

We'll be sending good energy for you to make it through. Do we get to have a party when we make it? Can we have little parties on the group, at least virtually? For each of us who makes it through the rite of passage!!!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Oh man!
    So close!!

We'll be sending good energy for you to make it through. Do we get to have a party when we make it? Can we have little parties on the group, at least virtually? For each of us who makes it through the rite of passage!!!

Absolutely! :flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I go sixty plus days at a time and think: that's it! Woohoo! and then bam.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I go sixty plus days at a time and think: that's it! Woohoo! and then bam.

Bam...:noway:
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The longest I've been so far is almost 4 months. Got excited too quickly and just when I stopped worrying about her unexpected arrival, BAM! That was the worst cycle EVER! Actually thought I was going to hemmorage to death.

That was last summer and now all I get is unpredictability. Miss a month, go extra long, then johnny on time, then another 2 weeks later, then nothing for 6 weeks. Fun stuff, huh ladies?!?!?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    The longest I've been so far is almost 4 months. Got excited too quickly and just when I stopped worrying about her unexpected arrival, BAM! That was the worst cycle EVER! Actually thought I was going to hemmorage to death.

That was last summer and now all I get is unpredictability. Miss a month, go extra long, then johnny on time, then another 2 weeks later, then nothing for 6 weeks. Fun stuff, huh ladies?!?!?
    Johnny On Time! I remember him! :happy:
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Oh this sounds like what I am going through now - I used to be like clock work and now I go for weeks anticipating the start but don't - then I will finally start - its so frustrating as it makes it seem like I'm on my period forever because I'm anticipating it -- and I have the symptoms like bloating, cramping, breast tenderness.

What do I do - not try to anticpate it and just not worry until it happens. I feel like its ruling my life right now - plus I know I'm more emotional than normal too. I went off the pill two years ago so I could be drug free and now I'm kind of regretting it.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I think one of the "joys" of menopause is everyone's experience is a little different! I'm officially through menopause, but still dealing with hot flashes. I've read where some women still get them 30 years AFTER going through menopause, which really sucks! I'm taking Peroxitine for them, which does help, but doesn't stop them altogether. I don't mind them so much during the day, but they wake me up at night, so I don't remember the last time I slept through an entire night. (Somewhere between newborns, teenagers, and menopause, there must have been a few truly restful nights!) :noway:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Oh this sounds like what I am going through now - I used to be like clock work and now I go for weeks anticipating the start but don't - then I will finally start - its so frustrating as it makes it seem like I'm on my period forever because I'm anticipating it -- and I have the symptoms like bloating, cramping, breast tenderness.

What do I do - not try to anticpate it and just not worry until it happens. I feel like its ruling my life right now - plus I know I'm more emotional than normal too. I went off the pill two years ago so I could be drug free and now I'm kind of regretting it.
    What I find fascinating is that sometimes the PMS starts ON TIME. And just....stays. Until the actual period. Which sucks when it's a 60 day cycle. lol.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think I've gone as long as 8 months. Then had my period 1 month. This time around, it's up to 4 months without. The odd thing now is that my breasts are SOOOOO tender...like nothing I've ever experienced before. That's been going on for a couple of weeks. I'm certain that's hormone related. Good grief.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I think I've gone as long as 8 months. Then had my period 1 month. This time around, it's up to 4 months without. The odd thing now is that my breasts are SOOOOO tender...like nothing I've ever experienced before. That's been going on for a couple of weeks. I'm certain that's hormone related. Good grief.
    Mine are too right now. I'm using evening primrose oil, and have just added vitamin E and B6. Here's hoping...
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

I've heard that BC pills permanently alter your cycle and delay menopause.
    I haven't been on them for years.
    I didn't like the idea of dumping more chemicals into my already deranged mind...:sad:
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I think one of the "joys" of menopause is everyone's experience is a little different! I'm officially through menopause, but still dealing with hot flashes. I've read where some women still get them 30 years AFTER going through menopause, which really sucks! I'm taking Peroxitine for them, which does help, but doesn't stop them altogether. I don't mind them so much during the day, but they wake me up at night, so I don't remember the last time I slept through an entire night. (Somewhere between newborns, teenagers, and menopause, there must have been a few truly restful nights!) :noway:

About the sleep--too funny! I keep telling my young co workers who have new babies--"You will never sleep again!"

Probably not encouraging, but true!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

About the sleep--too funny! I keep telling my young co workers who have new babies--"You will never sleep again!"

Probably not encouraging, but true!

Oh, you'll sleep.
    Just at the most in opportune times... :yawn: