I confess....

Options
Ok .. I'm bringing this back. lol

I confess that a man on POF messaged me and we have been chatting for a week or so and he seems really cool! The problem? He is an hour away from me. The confession? I am thinking in the back of my mind, this is the area that I want to move to .. or near it anyway, maybe if we hit it off really well ... lmao. Too early .. YES. But I am infatuated with him! We have spoken on the phone, but not met in person. He sends me pictures of him and his son. I am hoping we will meet in person this weekend. I'm excited!!! I don't want to be excited but I am! HELP!

Replies

• thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Try to temper your excitement a little, but otherwise go for it. I dated a girl 1000 miles away from me for a year and it was the best relationship I've ever had (was all set to move down there too)...it ended because of issues unrelated to the long distance part but we ended up with an incredible friendship since then so it's all good. Anyhow an hour away is nothing! (of course I live out in the country so everything is at least 30 minutes away...my perspective is a little different!) I wouldn't even consider the hour distance a problem for you. Just go for it! B)
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    An hour is nothing. And we all know if he's into you, he won't mind it. Well at first he won't but then you can figure out a better way like taking turns etc!

It's good to be excited though! Just havr fun and see how it goes.
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I just reported myself using this new crap. Grrrrrrr
  • thadenge
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tube_socks wrote: »

Didn't your momma ever tell you that you'll go blind from that??? lol

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    thadenge wrote: »

bhahahahahahahaah!!!! That is funny!!! Both of them!
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    I just re-read what I wrote .. and to clarify, he isn't the first one to message me ..lol. He just kind of caught my attention. lolololol

I will try and control my excitement. I don't want to freak him out ..lol. It is such a pain to drive that far to go on a date tho!

AND .. I almost flagged myself quoting the other text!!! hahahahahahahaha
  • thadenge
    Options
    I just re-read what I wrote .. and to clarify, he isn't the first one to message me ..lol. He just kind of caught my attention. lolololol

I will try and control my excitement. I don't want to freak him out ..lol. It is such a pain to drive that far to go on a date tho!

AND .. I almost flagged myself quoting the other text!!! hahahahahahahaha

hahaha! I always thought guys were more into that than girls! ;)
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    that's cute! but yah, way too soon but wouldn't that be sweet. ;)

hey... what's BBCode???

also, thadenge, read your response on the other post... how old do you think i am??? (no cheating!) LOL!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It's hard to contain excitement sometimes. But I do think that it's ok to think of those things, being a single mom, jesus, I have to think of everything, but don't let it consume you. I did the same thing recently, guy was almost an hour away, which means no random lunches, no drop-by's, none of the convenience, but I thought ok - I'll go outside of the box, and we really hit it off. Until he went back to his exgirlfriend that was causing "drama" - was I sad, you bet. Was I mad, you bet, did I have a smally pissyfit, absolutely. Was I bummed about it for a while. Yes. Being a woman I think we have too many emotions wired into us. Ugh.

It's all good. PS-I dislike this new look so far but it will just take time to get used to it.

Edit: I should add most people don't have as bad of luck as I do, so don't think that your's will end badly!!! didn't mean to make it sound that way. Turn as much as you can into a positive!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Jen - I would contain myself until you meet in person. No issue with the distance, just the required chemistry!

Can't wait to hear what you think after you meet :D<3
  • thadenge
    Options

hey... what's BBCode???

also, thadenge, read your response on the other post... how old do you think i am??? (no cheating!) LOL!

Hmmmm...from your pic I'm gonna guess late 30's maybe early 40's though I think probably younger than me.
  • thadenge
    Options
    It's hard to contain excitement sometimes. But I do think that it's ok to think of those things, being a single mom, jesus, I have to think of everything, but don't let it consume you. I did the same thing recently, guy was almost an hour away, which means no random lunches, no drop-by's, none of the convenience, but I thought ok - I'll go outside of the box, and we really hit it off. Until he went back to his exgirlfriend that was causing "drama" - was I sad, you bet. Was I mad, you bet, did I have a smally pissyfit, absolutely. Was I bummed about it for a while. Yes. Being a woman I think we have too many emotions wired into us. Ugh.

This made me think of one good thing about the distance here or even in the last couple relationships I was in...if it doesn't work out, you don't have to worry about running into them at the store or gas station or whatever. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but not having to see them with a new SO (or vice versa) does make the getting over things easier in my mind. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Wonder if it's a bug. Normally when there's a report in the Groups section of the forums, the mods get a notice but I see nothing unless Anna took care of it already.
  • lacroyx
    Options

hey... what's BBCode???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode
  • lacroyx
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It allows you to do many things like change the colorsize strikethrough among other things though not all of it is working just yet.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My clutzy self came out in the past 24 hours. Tripped running to 1st base last night due to a dip in the basepath and jammed my pinky finger. Then this morning my cell went face first into a sharp rock at a drop height of 5 feet and the glass did not survive. Can it please be the weekend?
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    LMAO .. I read that kind of quickly and I had to double take .. I thought you were saying you "came out" yesterday .. like came out of the closet kind of thing! lol That sucks about your phone!!!!! I have shattered my share as well. do you get a long weekend?
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    3 day weekend. Thanks Columbus for killing off the indigenous tribes.
  • sweetcurlz67
    edited October 2014
    Options

hey... what's BBCode???

Hmmmm...from your pic I'm gonna guess late 30's maybe early 40's though I think probably younger than me.

AWE!!! Thanks! you're AWESOME!!! <3 I'm 47. B)

edit: I don't act my age either... lol!
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    It allows you to do many things like change the colorsize strikethrough among other things though not all of it is working just yet.

oh wow! I was use to the bold and italic from before, but didn't know about the others. sooooo cool! Thanks!