I confess....

Options

Replies

• thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thadenge wrote: »
    that's cute! but yah, way too soon but wouldn't that be sweet. ;)

hey... what's BBCode???

also, thadenge, read your response on the other post... how old do you think i am??? (no cheating!) LOL!

Hmmmm...from your pic I'm gonna guess late 30's maybe early 40's though I think probably younger than me.

AWE!!! Thanks! you're AWESOME!!! <3 I'm 47. B)

edit: I don't act my age either... lol!

Wow...very nice! You definitely don't look or act your age from what I see! :smiley: Both are very good things though! lol
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    3 day weekend. Thanks Columbus for killing off the indigenous tribes.
    Columbus only made it to Haiti. He was a hell of a salesman though. How else do you get a holiday named after you for "discovering" a place that is already inhabited?
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Most of my relationships started with someone who lived an hour plus away (I met them on my old commute - it's not unusual to commute 1 hour each way in Southern California). I didn't have a car, so they had to really like me to drive an hour to pick me up, go on our date, and then drive an hour home.

I kinda liked that they had to make the effort - it made it...purposeful.

You can make this work, and if he's feeling it too - he'll make it work.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    An hour is NOTHING. Try a 32 hour flight. Smdh
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Saw Gone Girl this weekend and I highly recommend it. Some people hated the ending but I think it is just as much of a shock as the other twists and turns and the acting was excellent.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess I can't believe this thread got all the way to page to before someone wrote in it again.....

I confess I was up super late last night playing D&D and forgot there was no school today which means half the normal traffic. SO instead of sleeping in a little I arrived at work about an hour early lol :p
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I confessed to my friend that I'd been lurking in MRA/PUA (men's rights advocates/pick up artists and no, you shouldn't check it out) forums and she deduced that I should not have done that since now I'm actually terrified of men. It never occurred to me that my morbid curiosity could have affected me like that but she said I never look men in the face anymore. So, lesson learned and now, therapy?
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sofaking .. omg .. I went on a couple ProAna sites (completely unrelated) and it distorted my views so much. I can't even explain the affect it had on me. I couldn't diet for some reason .. it was the weirdest thing .. it messed with my head!
  • thadenge
    thadenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I confessed to my friend that I'd been lurking in MRA/PUA (men's rights advocates/pick up artists and no, you shouldn't check it out) forums and she deduced that I should not have done that since now I'm actually terrified of men. It never occurred to me that my morbid curiosity could have affected me like that but she said I never look men in the face anymore. So, lesson learned and now, therapy?

The only good thing though is that unlike women, men are totally OK with you looking somewhere other than our faces...you'll never hear us say "Hey my eyes are up here!" LOL Sorry...couldn't resist...

On a more serious note though it's amazing how much reading stuff like that effects your view of things...in any area. I made the mistake many years ago of following some of the "OMG Y2K is going to destroy everything" boards...even though I was a programmer working on Y2K remediation and KNEW it wasn't going to be like that it still got me scared for a while (no I didn't buy any of the freeze-dried foods or anything, I came to my senses first lol).
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My bf lives about 30 minutes from me but owns a business 30 minutes in the opposite direction. As the owner, he tends to work 7 days a week most of the time. An hour won't be an obstacle if you really want to see each other.

He is also a single Dad with full custody of 3 kids ages 7-12. Needless to say, this all makes spending much time together a challenge, especially since their mother is out of the picture so he doesn't have the typical every other weekend free. We live for and make the most of every minute we can get together and talk every day. We dated several years ago so I knew what I was getting into when he contacted me a few months ago.

He frequently makes comments about how nice it would be to be able to be together every night and how he would like to come home from work and relax together. I have ALWAYS said I would never get married again...but I would seriously reconsider that if he asked. Kinda scares me a little...OK...it scares me a lot!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that snuggling up in bed marathoning x-files is my favorite activity LOL
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    lsgibbs83 wrote: »
    My bf lives about 30 minutes from me but owns a business 30 minutes in the opposite direction. As the owner, he tends to work 7 days a week most of the time. An hour won't be an obstacle if you really want to see each other.

He is also a single Dad with full custody of 3 kids ages 7-12. Needless to say, this all makes spending much time together a challenge, especially since their mother is out of the picture so he doesn't have the typical every other weekend free. We live for and make the most of every minute we can get together and talk every day. We dated several years ago so I knew what I was getting into when he contacted me a few months ago.

He frequently makes comments about how nice it would be to be able to be together every night and how he would like to come home from work and relax together. I have ALWAYS said I would never get married again...but I would seriously reconsider that if he asked. Kinda scares me a little...OK...it scares me a lot!

I don't know how long you guys have been together but have you thought about living together without getting married?
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess that I really love my group of friends but it sucks being the "single" one.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I guess the lesson learned is, stay away from the crazies - it might be contagious!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I don't know how long you guys have been together but have you thought about living together without getting married?

We were together for nearly a year in the past but only 4 months so far this time around. I would jump at the chance to live with him but we are proceeding cautiously at this point. The custody order was just final last week after almost a year of emergency custody. I don't want to rock the boat just as the children are beginning to feel stable again. They do know that their Dad is seeing someone though and he does call and talk while they are around.

While he would be OK living together for a time, he doesn't feel that it would set a good example for the kids long term. No worries...I would marry him in a heartbeat when the time is right.

The kids have a school dance on Friday, which is usually our night together :( I know he is doing the best he can right now. I feel so bad when he says "I hate not being with you. Please know I am trying", especially when he sounds absolutely exhausted like he did tonight. We got past one hurdle with the custody settled. As he said, we are one step closer to where we want to be.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    As he said, we are one step closer to where we want to be.

I am very happy for you!! Gives us single girls a little hope! Good luck!

• ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I guess the lesson learned is, stay away from the crazies - it might be contagious!

Yeah, it's hard to get the crazy juice off you once it latches on.
  • Sarterbury
    Sarterbury Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm emotionally needy and part of the reason I'm single is because I refuse to dilute my affections and that usually scares guys off :/
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have a crush on my neighbor. I know I will never be able to tell him how I feel though. :(
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I confess that I really love my group of friends but it sucks being the "single" one.

THIS!!!