October 8th

Options
hollydohrman
hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
Let me tell you about the day that changed my life.

18 years of age, and I wanna pass this on to you because maybe this day could be that day for you.
This single principle, the single concept, totally revolutionized my life.

So I went to this seminar, first time ever that I’ve been to a seminar. And the instructor at the front of the room was talking about relationships. And he was having a discussion about what the shared percentage is between two people to make a relationship work. So he was asking the audience for participation.

Well I was 18 years of age, certainly wise in all the ways of love and relationships, so I stood up and said “50/50. Everybody’s got to be willing to do their part of the deal.” Definitely not the right answer by the look on his face.

Somebody else stood up and said “51-49. One person’s got to be willing to do a little bit more than the other person to keep it going.” Still not the right answer.

Somebody else got up and said 80/20. Gave some sort of algorithm about how that worked out between the two people. Still not the right answer.

So the guy went to the whiteboard at the time and wrote simply 100-0.
Until you are willing to take 100 percent responsibility with 0 expectation in return will you make the relationship work. If you ever give with the expectation to get in return, you will continually sabotage the relationship.

And then he went on to explain how we are at all times 100 percent responsible for our lives in every circumstance no matter what.

It is not Mcdonald’s fault.
It is not Obama’s fault.
It is not the economy.
It is not the health care system.
It is not our government.
It is not the weather.
It’s not current conditions.

The only person’s fault for your life is you.
You are a self made man or woman like it or not.

Darren Hardy