Motivation and Accountability Thread--October 6-October 12, 2014

Options
AllieLosingIt
AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
I know it's the 8th already, but I figured I'd keep to the same schedule as the other threads like this.

So I broke through my plateau, finally a couple days ago. I hit the 30 pounds lost mark, 30.2 if I'm being technical-and I am. That puts me at 7 pounds to go until I have a 2 before my weight. I'm really hoping to hit that 299 goal by the end of the month.

How's everyone else doing this week so far? Making any progress? Hanging in there? I hope to hear from some of you! :)

Replies

• OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to the group. :) I just joined MFP a month ago and I weighed in today at a loss of 8 pounds! I am now 324 pounds and I will be 30 in January. So, basically, I'm thinking by the time I hit the big THREE-OH, that I'll be saying good bye to the THREE-OH-OH. :) That's my motivation. haha But for accountability, I have two great friends and a coach that have been keeping me in check.
  • Ceria
    Ceria Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi this is my second go around with MFP but I am gonna stick to it this time. My starting weight was 405 in July. As of Monday I was 354 (pause for happy dance). I am on a mission this time. One motivation is to have some different pictures posted. My before shots are REALLY BAD! I also want to be at 250 by my 40th birthday in August 2015. Got a lot of work to do and could use the support and motivation. I also have some to give to others as well. Nice to meet all of you and I so welcome friend requests.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Congrats Allie, OneGoodBean and Ceria! Those successes are so good to read about. I can really empathize with you Allie with the struggle to break through a plateau. Yay you did it! I would have to say I'm just hanging in there even though I've lost some. I have struggled with cravings, long stressful work days and low motivation to stick with healthy habits that help me stay on track. I feel like at any time I could fall back into the unhealthy lifestyle that led to my starting weight of 347.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Going to spend a healthy Saturday...started with meditation, oatmeal and egg white omelet for breakfast, then a day spent with my sister's very active kids exploring at a fall festival and this evening I'm joining a new meetup group in Rochester for an Oktoberfest get together. In between I have to get a workout in. Enjoin your day!