Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone not do well on Cytomel? (T3)

lisa4kids
lisa4kids Posts: 54 Member
I took a low dose of Cytomel for around 7 weeks and I honestly felt like death. I thought it was because I was undermedicated and very, very sick. Well, I stopped taking it 5 days ago, and I feel like my life was given back to me. I was suffering with joint/muscle aches, depression, and extreme exhaustion. When my period came, it was like I had unearthed a special place in hell and it was trying to escape my body. Absolutely the worst cycle I have ever had in my many years of living!
My doctor does want me to try adding in 1/4 grain of Nature Throid and if I do well on it, we can wean me off the levothyroxine while adding in more of the Nature Throid. Makes sense since I am very sensitive to medications, but to be honest... I'm scared to death to take it!!! Now that I'm feeling better, I don't ever want to go back to feeling that way again. I guess I'll just see what tomorrow brings and take it from there. I'd almost rather just increase my levo and go from there. sigh... this disease is really challenging.
On the bright side, I've been eating a LOT better and I joined a gym tonight!