How are you doing?

Options
sbjmorgan
sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
I know it's harder to check groups now with this forum update (grumble grumble) so I just thought I'd make a thread.

How many pounds are you down for the month?
How many inches?
How much exercise?

You don't have to answer them all, just wanted to get us talking again. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• SUPERSUE42
    SUPERSUE42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    down 2 pounds!
    Yesterday I looked up what bmi is considered obese, overweight and "normal". I am overweight. And I hope to be at the tippy top of "normal" by Thanksgiving!

"Normal is just a setting on the dryer" a quote from one of the speakers at Women of Faith.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh serious issues this month and I can't figure out what is up.
    September I lost 5 lbs. I got really sick the last week of Sept. and just let that week go, but didn't gain or lose.
    I was down another 2 lbs. this month until last Thursday when all of a sudden I started gaining like crazy. As of Thursday I had gained 2 lbs. Still under on my MFP goals, drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day and ran 8 miles this weekend only to gain another 2 lbs even though I was still under on my calories/micronutrients. I had my "monthly visitor" last week, so I had attributed it to that until I just kept gaining and gaining and now I'm 2 days off of it and still gaining.
    Basically, this week I'm doing a "reset". I'm going to do some minor ketosis to try to reset my metabolism and see if that's the issue.
    Wish me luck! As of now, I'm only 2 lbs. down from where I was at the beginning of September because of this madness.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    rose1617 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh serious issues this month and I can't figure out what is up.
    September I lost 5 lbs. I got really sick the last week of Sept. and just let that week go, but didn't gain or lose.
    I was down another 2 lbs. this month until last Thursday when all of a sudden I started gaining like crazy. As of Thursday I had gained 2 lbs. Still under on my MFP goals, drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day and ran 8 miles this weekend only to gain another 2 lbs even though I was still under on my calories/micronutrients. I had my "monthly visitor" last week, so I had attributed it to that until I just kept gaining and gaining and now I'm 2 days off of it and still gaining.
    Basically, this week I'm doing a "reset". I'm going to do some minor ketosis to try to reset my metabolism and see if that's the issue.
    Wish me luck! As of now, I'm only 2 lbs. down from where I was at the beginning of September because of this madness.
    So my update is that after 3 days, I am almost back to 5 lbs. down (close to 3 lbs lost since Monday) and losing. I'm hoping that since I've been dilligent in both exercise and eating for the last several weeks and this gain came from zero cause that I'll be back "on track", which is another 2-3 lbs. down from where I am today, by the end of the weekend.
    Here's hoping anyway.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was down 8 pounds in September and was heading in the right direction for another 8 pounds this month, and then I went out of town for a week for work. I thought I was doing OK, but was shocked when I got home and weighed in 6 pounds heavier than I was when I left! Oy! :s

I'm hoping that by the end of this week I'm back down to the weight I was before I left, giving me a 2 pound loss in October. That would put me at 8 pounds over my end of October goal weight. I have about 15 pounds to lose to meet my Thanksgiving goal weight. I'd have to lose about 3.3 pounds a week here on out to get there and I don't really think that's do-able. Oh well, I'd rather lose it slowly and miss a goal date than crash diet, make goal, and put it all back on a week later. I'm still in good shape for making my January 1st goal, though so I'll keep my eye on that one. I'm modifying my goal to losing 9 pounds by Thanksgiving. That's much more achievable!