Pumpkin fat bombs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
I apologize if someone already thought of this, but I searched and couldn't find anything. One of my favorite kinds of pie is pumpkin pie. I don't miss the sugar, but I do like the pumpkin and spices. I love pumpkin custard. But my husband and I really like the fat bombs, so I thought I'd try to make pumpkin spice fat bombs. Just tried one and....YUM! At least I think so. Here's the recipe I used:

1 scant cup canned pumpkin (about 9/10 cup)
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 c. coconut oil
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
one shake nutmeg
pinch cardamom
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbs rich coconut milk or coconut cream (if you don't have this, you can substitute heavy cream)
2 tbs heavy cream
Preferred Sweetener to taste (I used 2 packets Stevia and about 3 tbs of Splenda)

Place pumpkin, coconut cream and softened cream cheese in a food processor or blender and puree until well mixed. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and coconut oil. Cool slightly for 5 minutes and add to the food processor. Puree again until smooth. Add your sweetener of choice. Add sweetener slowly, tasting and adjusting to suit your preference level. You may also wish to adjust the spices if you don't like my blend. If you use a blender and it has a spout, you can pour directly into the silicone molds, or transfer the puree to a measuring cup (not all at once) and use that. Place the silicone molds onto a cookie sheet and place on level surface in your freezer; freeze for a minimum of 4 hours (I usually freeze them overnight). Pop them out and enjoy or freeze in plastic bags for later consumption. Makes 36 fat bombs if silicone molds are 1” square and filled only ½-way. If you make 36, each is 78.7 kcal, 8.6 g fat, 0.4 g n.c., and 0.37 g protein. If you make fewer, just multiply those numbers by 36, then divide by the number you make for the correct nutritional information.

Replies

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I might have to whip some of these up for the fall/holiday season. Thanks!
  • BansheeCat
    Options
    I'm making these this weekend. I already had fat bombs on my task list. Thanks!
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Have to try. Thanks!
  • wonderfullymadebyhim
    Options
    These look awesome.. will try soon.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I have to wait till payday to get all the stuff, then these are first on my list!
  • nill4me
    Options
    ok....i'm in heaven with these, so thanks so much. I've switched mine up a bit as follows:
    1C pumpkin (9/10 is too hard for me to figure the macros - since i'm pretty new at this...trying to keep it simple)
    4oz cream cheese
    1C coconut cream (put a good quality coconut milk in the fridge for a day or so. the fat gets really thick and and you can scoop it right out - i use this stuff to make killer ice cream too)
    4tsp pumpkin spice (1 bottle...easy for me...lol)
    1 stick butter
    1 C coconut oil.
    liquid stevia to taste (i had some cinnamon flavored on hand, so bonus!)

I pulsed the pumpkin, spice, coconut cream and cr. cheese in the machine, and melted the butter and oil as above. my pumpkin mixture was super thick. then i turned the machine on and drizzled the melted butter and coconut oil in until well combined. I have the wilton silicone molds, like you can get from michaels, and I filled two 24pc trays full to the top. So this made 48 servings, and a little extra (that was totally yummy off the spoon...lol), so i bumped my servings to 50.

My macros per bomb are similar. 75 Cals, 8g fat (6g sat), 1g carb, 22mg sodium, 4mg potassium.

Thanks so much for this. Love it!
  • nill4me
    Options
    Oh. I made these, then promptly left for travel today, and now I have to think about them all week until I go home on Friday. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I still haven't made fat bombs. But these sound like an excellent place to start.
  • nill4me
    Options
    I've been working some crazy hours this week...no time or desire for cooking afterward...cream cheese dipped in SF lemon jello has been my friend. I think Kamaperry had posted that one too earlier. mmm...like little hunks o lemon cheesecakey deliciousness.