Since we can easily post pictures now... before and after!

Options
12346»

Replies

• boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys. I will be two months post-op the 10th. I'm not the best yet on face photos. I started at 262 and currently 199. Sorry so huge, don't know how to fix size.

One-derland in two months? I think I'll cry. I know I'll cry if that happens for me.

Everyone looks awesome - so inspiring!!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Okay lets see if I can do this again.
    Jan 3rd will be one year since I started this life change. And 9 months since VSG.

gk751insw9f7.jpg

• MistyHiker
    Options
    LOL! looking at picture a little more now that I posted it. I now have a neck - HAHA!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Top left pic is in 2009 - it was my "before" pic for some diet or workout I was planning to try - didnt make it a week!. I had VSG 2 years (and +10 pounds @200) later. After a year i had lost 55 pounds and was feeling really good - until I took the top right pic in 2012... UGH... I was *crushed* at how bad I still looked... I was the definition of "skinny fat" - I had lost a TON of muscle... My shoulders and knees were skeletal, I had no butt to speak of, and yet still lots of back and belly fat. I fell into depression and basically didnt get out of bed for months - GAINED 20 pounds...

In late 2013 I joined a gym and got some basic training sessions to help me know what to do. I found I *loved* lifting weights and having someone personally tell me what to do (group classes and videos never worked for me). 4 months of working with him I lost the 20 pounds to put me right back where I was in 2012 - 145 pounds. But a whole size smaller due to gaining some muscle back! That is the bottom left picture.

Two months after that I had lost another 15 pounds, and I have slowly been recomping since with my weight staying steady the whole time. I went from 40% body fat when I started training to 17% (DEXA scan) now. I have curves and a butt and everything :) The best part is my trainer forced me to increase calories all year. I was paying him, so I listened! I now maintain on 2100-2300 calories a day (yes, it takes some effort). I am actually trying to "bulk" now and gain a few more pounds of muscle! What a change from the past 25 years of my life!

Sorry for the long story, just had to explain the pics!

BackComparison_zps3e397149.jpg

Picture4_zps01d3240a.jpg
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Aylajane - WOW! You look amazing! Well done!
  • manderspage
    manderspage Posts: 20 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    glxf65rhlzdp.jpg
    This isn't after but where I am finishing this year. I started my journey in January 2014 with 6 months of counseling and tests, was approved for surgery and had my VSG on July 24, 2014. I am 5.5 months post-op and have lost 70 pounds, so far. I'm looking forward to 2015! From left to right picture dates are March 2014 (I'm sorry I didn't take a better "before" picture), July 2014 (after two weeks of strict Dr. prescribed liquid diet), and mid-December 2014.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    5jobxlapp4ri.jpg
    my before was in April, my after was a week ago, 88 pounds downflelh9pea4j8.jpg
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Patty, you look terrific!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    JreedyJanelle - amazing! There is NO way you are 62 years old... !!!!! I think you lost about 15 years along with the pounds!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    JreedyJanelle --- Wow! Amazing!! And I agree with aylajane --- you look so much younger also.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing! I have so enjoyed looking through the before/during/afters-very encouraging!
  • MistyHiker
    Options
    Whoohoo! You guys look great!